MedHammer 40k (need of IG and chapters)

wammnebu

Ok, so I figured, I would tell you guys about the project.

So this started as a fork of 1d4chan's MidHammer 40k, that I have been working on on my own for about a year. I saved all of my worldbuilding on my personal profile, and Im not sure how i should publish or expand on it (like if i should make my own wiki, move it to here, or keep it on 1d4chan.

A couple highlights of the universe.
[*] Much fewer primarchs join lorgar, but Lorgar is much more successful by staging a centuries long insurrection. [*] Lorgar builds a Theocracy in his swath of conquered territory. [*] Luther, Ahriman, and Fabius Bile Create their own "Imperium Undivided" in the Galactic South West. It is built on Fabius Bile and Ahriman's hope to harness chaos in the creation of apotheosis. [*] The Emperor was mortally wounded by Alpharius. He is in stasis. [*] The Loyal Primarchs govern the imperium in a Federated Regency Council. [*] The Lion, Dorn, and Vulkan each control their own segmentums with significant autonomy. [*] Terra is a Deathworld, much like luna. The Palace and hive citties are self sufficient. [*] The Tau and Eldar are much more expansionist and powerful. [*] The Ynnari are a revolutionary movement that comes out of the craftworlds, the First Tau Empire was a slave revolt. [*] Horus stepped down from Warmaster, Sanguinius leads but follows a very different strategy. [*] Gulliman was killed during the Scouring of Ultramar, his successors and the future state of Ultramar worship him as a god. [*] There are several religions as opposed to the imperial cult. [*] Codex Astartes are considered a separate group, and are under the command of the High Lords. Nearly every Legion has successors who may or may not have positive ties with their primarch. [*] Macharia and Ultramar are "independent" states allied with The Imperium [*] The Timeline is divided into epochs. Hopefully with each epoch having different major, falling, and resurgent powers. [*] No one knows what dorn is doing the segmentum Tempestus is silent. [*] The galaxy is more technologically advanced because of the arms race with all of the major powers. Hopefully giving them a chance against the Tyrannids.

I am currently working on designing heraldric symbols for the different factions. I would love some help comming up with new IG factions and Successor Chapters.

Also, I dont know as much about these factions. If someone would like to take over writing them and such, send me a message. I dont want to do your favorite faction dirty.

• The Dark Angels (Currently Governing Segmentum Obscura)
  • The Night Lords (Loyalists)
  • The Blood Angels (Warmaster)
  • Fulgrim/Ferrus Manus (Loyalists)
  • The Alpha Legion (Traitor/Alpharius)
  • Luther (Leads separate Chaos Faction)
  • Fabius Bile (Joined Luther)
  • Ahriman and The Prodigal Sons (Joined Luther)
  • Necrons (???)
  • Orks (???)
  • Mechanicus (Still loyal though relationship with Imperium more strained)
  • Vulkan (Governs Ultima Segmentum)
  • Dark Eldar (pretty much the same but Vect is dead)

Stories Set in this Universe:

• The Golden Honey (Follows Angron, chapters posted weekly)
  • The Aurelian (Gulliman and Lorgar, comming Soon)
  • Regarding the Gue'Vasa
  • Je Suis Ultramar Short Stories about The Independent Nation of Ultramar (Comming soon)

Art Set in This Universe:

Old Post

Hidden Content
Ave Fratres.

I have a project that I have been working on, and would like some advice on what to do with it.
So in short this is the situation:
  • I have a 40k Project I have been working on for about a year now. With quite a bit of world building, and a few stories in the works (one complete).
  • The Project doesn't really boil down to a single change, (like the Robotean Heresey), nor is it a complete rewrite. Its closer to something like NobleDark Imperium.
  • I would love to collaborate on it, especially with people who are passionate about certain factions (I dont think i could do the dark angels and the fists justice for instance), and would like to develop them.
  • It originally started on 1d4chan, but at this point it is its own spin-off with little to do with the original project, so i moved all of my work from the main forum to my user page.

What would be the best way to present what i have so far, and gauge whether anyone would be interested in helping with it? I don't want to just drop the link to my user page and say, look, here you go.

• Should I compile the highlights of my Alternate Universe into a single post, where I "Pitch" my project?
  • Should I complete and publish the stories I have written here (they haven't been published yet) and go from there?
  • Should I compile my world building wiki pages into "indexes" and publish them here?
  • Should I create my own wikia or wordpress like The Legions Reborn project did, and present that?
  • Should I publish the stories on a different fansite? And then come back here?
  • Should I finish more of the stories and then come back here?

Edited by wammnebu

Why not start with a summary here of your alternate universe? You could give just a small overview of where it changes from the existing. Maybe a snippet of the differences in a few select legions you are writing about. People will likely respond with curiosity or queries etc and hopefully lead into more answers and suggestions.

That's fair. I guess I'll start with the overall guiding themes of the project.

1. It started as a fork of MidHammer 40k on 1d4chan, so the idea is to make Warhammer less grimdark, but not too much.
  2. I'm interpreting "less dark" as meaning that Humanity won't inevitably be crushed by the necrons, orks, and tyrannids. Not saying it will be easy, just that there is a fighting chance. 
  3. So with that in mind, 40k and 30k means humanity has much more technological, moral, spiritual, and psychological resources.

So there are 3 phases:

30k: The heresy is a much more prolonged affair, less primarchs defect, but more Space Marines betray their genefathers. And instead of a decades long Conflict, its a centuries long protracted conflict.

40k: A much more stable imperium is on the verge of victory against chaos, but only to have resurgant eldar and much more powerful technologically advanced and militaristic T'au assert themselves on the galactic stage.

50k: Humanity is on the defensive, most of the galaxy is lost to the tyrannids, forces of malal, and the new beast, but there is hope that the devourers can eventually be beaten back. There are 3 factions (more like paradigms, they dont get along that well), The Spirituals (humans, eldar, chaos), the devorerers (beast, orks, tyrannids), eternals (necrons and tau)

The factions I have written about the most are probably the World Eaters and the Ultramarines.

Ultramarines

• Gulliman dies in the war with Chaos, and Ultramar is under the boot of Chaos for centuries.
  • The Exiles of Ultramar and remaining ultramarines claw their homeland back over the centuries, by 40k its all been returned (only for the Tau to take it a few mellinia later).
  • Ultramar practices this universe's version of the Imperial Cult, but it instead worships Roboute Gulliman as a god. With the Ultramarine Chapters acting as Clergy.
  • Ultramar is an "independent ally" of the Imperium (in other words a vassal). Its Sort of like a Space Bretonnia, but aesthetically based on the French 3rd Republic instead of Medieval France.
  • If the Imperium Proper is much more stable, Ultramar is much closer to the galactic basket case of Vanilla's Imperium, complete with its own fanatical inquisition (formed out of the Emperor's Scythes and Vigil Opertii), Ecclesiarchy, Sisters of Battle, Rogue Traders, IG regiments. Space Marines, and High Lords.
  • The Codex Astartes was Christopher Tolkein'd together by Gulliman's good friend Jaghatai Khan, for the Ultramarines to practice. Its equally a religious text as much as it is a tactical and organizational one.
  • The Moriae Schism still kind of happens, but instead of being crushed it defects to Ultramar. Ultramar now has its own (less equipped) Mechanicus, and the two absolutely hate each other.
  • Ultramar accidentally leads to the T'au becomming as advanced and militaristic as they are. 
  • Kroot and Ultramar humans have a complicated relationship.
Edited by wammnebu

World Eaters

• Angron has something of a happy ending in this universe.
  • Instead of merely becoming a slave to rage, Nurgle gifts the Primarch with an immunity from pain, healing him from his butchers nails, and resurrects his fallen comrades.
  • Angron is the only traitor primarch who doesn't become a Demon-prince. He remains Nurgle's Champion, while Lotarra ascends to demonhood.
  • Rather than pus and boogers, the Conqueror and Angron take on an Insectoid motif. Wasps nests are growing where Angron's butcher's nails were, and The Conqueror has transformed into a massive Hive.
  • Angron develops a close relationship with Lorgar over the millenia and is one of the last to stand by Lorgar's project after the other Chaos Gods, and human leadership desert him.
  • Khârn still betrays Angron, but instead he "joins" the Imperium (in reality he is one of the many rogue factions of the great civil war).
Edited by wammnebu

Would it be better if I gave the factions or armies I am looking for the most help with?

Also If it helps, I have completed at least one short story (~8,000 Words) set in the 41st millennium, with a couple more in various stages of completion.

Edited by wammnebu