Modelling skarboyz?

01RTB01

Have you considered parts or models from 3rd party companies?

Hardcore miniatures makes some larger boyz that are smaller than nobz (currently limited to 6 body sculpts, but are coming out with another set as well as 90+ weapons in the next few months according to their facebook).

Size reference:

49727251917_bcf813fe8d.jpg

If you're looking for bare ork torsos, ForFun Miniatures, Kromlech, and I think Spellcrow all have those-- which you could add some green stuff "scars" onto. 

Personally, I think orruk brutes and black orks look more like Ardboyz with their scrap armor.

Edited by The_Chaplain

A bit on the pricy side for 3rd party miniatures. 6 for $35? The whole purpose for 3rd party is to be a cheaper alternative to GW not a price competitor to see who costs more.

I guess it depends on the quality or quantity and the particular product. I wouldn't really say the purpose of 3rd party products is to cost less as much as be alternative options. 

A bit on the pricy side for 3rd party miniatures. 6 for $35? The whole purpose for 3rd party is to be a cheaper alternative to GW not a price competitor to see who costs more.

To be fair, I ordered from them when they were having a holiday sale so the price point wasn't so steep.

Edited by The_Chaplain

Have you considered parts or models from 3rd party companies?

Hardcore miniatures makes some larger boyz that are smaller than nobz (currently limited to 6 body sculpts, but are coming out with another set as well as 90+ weapons in the next few months according to their facebook).

Size reference:

49727251917_bcf813fe8d.jpg

If you're looking for bare ork torsos, ForFun Miniatures, Kromlech, and I think Spellcrow all have those-- which you could add some green stuff "scars" onto. 

Personally, I think orruk brutes and black orks look more like Ardboyz with their scrap armor.That

That 3rd-party Ork reminds me of the Gorkamorka Orks for some reason. I'm not sure why, but I think it's the gun and the shades that as doing it. Not bad models by the look of it.

Any thoughts?

Thinking of using nobz as they're physically larger than Boyz.

Maybe the Brutes or old black orks from Fantasy...

Open to suggestions :smile.:

I wouldn't use nobz personally for a few reasons. Skarboyz are the size "stage" before nobz for one, I wouldn't want them confused with actual nobz, and while they have the same strength profile they are still only one wound models. I would want that somewhat "represented". I do not know about the current boyz kits but the old ones had "skarred" up heads. If it were me I would use those heads, and/or make more, and then add more muscle and bulk on their arms with greenstuff. Add some more skarring and stitches and staples to their heads and arms. It is not hard to add some more muscle to the arms with green stuff, then they would be physically bigger than the normal boyz, but wouldn't tread on actual nob territory size wise. With some added stitches and skars to heads and the bulked up arms I think they would stand out and be unique. 

But that's just what I would probably do. I have bulked up nob arms to warboss arms this way before. 

Any thoughts?

Thinking of using nobz as they're physically larger than Boyz.

Maybe the Brutes or old black orks from Fantasy...

Open to suggestions :smile.:

I wouldn't use nobz personally for a few reasons. Skarboyz are the size "stage" before nobz for one, I wouldn't want them confused with actual nobz, and while they have the same strength profile they are still only one wound models. I would want that somewhat "represented". I do not know about the current boyz kits but the old ones had "skarred" up heads. If it were me I would use those heads, and/or make more, and then add more muscle and bulk on their arms with greenstuff. Add some more skarring and stitches and staples to their heads and arms. It is not hard to add some more muscle to the arms with green stuff, then they would be physically bigger than the normal boyz, but wouldn't tread on actual nob territory size wise. With some added stitches and skars to heads and the bulked up arms I think they would stand out and be unique.

But that's just what I would probably do. I have bulked up nob arms to warboss arms this way before.

Fair point and good shout! Forgot about the wounds characteristic!

AoS ardboyz?...