Anyone hopeful for a Sammy in Sableclaw/Talonmaster reveal?

Get Thokt

Started collecting Dark Angels quite recently and was sort of dissapointed that there were datasheets with no existing models.

Ofcourse the Sableclaw and Talonmasters (esp with the recent update) have become essential assets of any DA army. And I am in need of both.

So, what are your opinions on a possible reveal of a Sableclaw/Talonmaster box this week? Should I be optimistic? Or go get myself a land speeder and practise my terrible conversion skills?

Edited by Get Thokt

The talonmaster and the sableclaw models can be made directly with the Ravenwing Landspeeder kit (which is a landspeeder kit with the dark angels upgrade sprue). I would not hold out hope for a specific box for either of them being revealed, but who knows... I may be wrong.

Maybe they would make good "primarized" models for the release of the Primaris Speeders and Primaris Bikes, which are inevitable.

Started collecting Dark Angels quite recently and was sort of dissapointed that there were datasheets with no existing models.

Ofcourse the Sableclaw and Talonmasters (esp with the recent update) have become essential assets of any DA army. And I am in need of both.

So, what are your opinions on a possible reveal of a Sableclaw/Talonmaster box this week? Should I be optimistic? Or go get myself a land speeder and practise my terrible conversion skills?

As Berzul said, the Talonmaster/Sableclaw models are the Land Speeder with the Ravenwing upgrade kit.

Ever see this model before?

Dark_Angel_Ravenwing_Master.gif

That's Sammael in Sableclaw.

The Talonmaster is the same thing, just with a helmet on the pilot:

40kDA-Dec4-talonmaster.jpg

We're not going to see any releases for Firstborn (outside of Chaos Marines) now. It's all Primaris.

Edited by Gederas

If we are going to entertain that notion, then the person MOST likely to get an upgrade, ironically would be Azrael. Seeing how GW seems pretty intense of primaris-fying (or frying in the Salamanders case) the chapter masters, that would be the new trend. Also I think Azrael's model is older than Sammael's. 

I'm not 100% sure whether this is correct, but this has been my impression that the Dark Angels (barring the recent 30k models) have always been not the highest priority for new chapter-specific models. Anyone care to comment on that bit?

Only a slightly unrelated tangent , some of my more notable expectations for tomorrow's reveal:

1. Primaris Bikers are all but confirmed for sure. See that leaked screenshot for details. I do wonder will they be better than today's Ravenwing though. 

2. Terminator Equivalents for Primaris - My guess it would be another new unit in Gravis armor, and contrary to everyone's belief, Aggressors are not the equivalent to the old terminators. Their counterpart is the centurion.

3. Something troop based that reinforces the whole "Psychic Awakening theme". Maybe a pariah, seeing how the Necron Psychic Awakening book title has been leaked?

4. 40k lion model - that's just my inner DA fanboy speaking at this point. Most likely outcome would be another primarch returning just in time for the 9th edition. Which very neatly brings me to my next point...

5. Units (more specifically troops) for the 9th edition. If memory serves, the Dark Imperium storyline is about 2 years old now, isn't it time for GW to turn to the new chapter? I think the Psychic Awakening books are grooming us for the new rules of the 9th edition.

Alternatively, you could pull out battlescribe, see what units don't have a primaris equivalent, put 2 and 2 together and assume they will get a new model tommorow/in the near future. But I will remain optimistic about tommorow's reveal. 

Edited by Knight-Master Skywrath

As Berzul said, the Talonmaster/Sableclaw models are the Land Speeder with the Ravenwing upgrade kit.

Ever see this model before?

Dark_Angel_Ravenwing_Master.gif

That's Sammael in Sableclaw.

The Talonmaster is the same thing, just with a helmet on the pilot:

40kDA-Dec4-talonmaster.jpg

We're not going to see any releases for Firstborn (outside of Chaos Marines) now. It's all Primaris.

If you want to get technical that was actually Gideon, the previous ravenwing master, in a landspeeder

Huh, well Azrael is the oldest DA model I own. I have belial (finecrap) and I had Sam on his bike, when he was the only jetbike left in the imerium, wish I still did. Unfortunately I'm way behind on DA things, I only have Deathwing left and no current dex.

@Get Thokt:

The unexpected recent increase in rules power to these units is most likely so GW can reduce existing stock levels, not an altruistic goal of making the DA competitive.

If I were in your position I'd hold off buying either Sammy or the TM kit as the expected Primaris Bikers and Speeders will make them redundant in the next 6-12 months.

Unless you just love the minis, then buy now by all means.

Waiting with painting anything DW or RW related for now, focusing on newer kits. Let's be honest, SM bikes are super old models, Black Knights are so much better, but the design is still old. I would love to see a spin for primaris Termies and ravenwing.

@Get Thokt:

The unexpected recent increase in rules power to these units is most likely so GW can reduce existing stock levels, not an altruistic goal of making the DA competitive.

If I were in your position I'd hold off buying either Sammy or the TM kit as the expected Primaris Bikers and Speeders will make them redundant in the next 6-12 months.

Unless you just love the minis, then buy now by all means.

Was it ever on the part of GW to up the power on the board of a unit they wanted to sell a lot off, or get rid off from leftover stock?

The whole IRON HANDS DEBACLE sure felt like it, and I am now wondering if this business tactics are real or just us imagining things, and if they are real, if they are a new thing with GW, or something that they have been at for a while now.