Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2000pts Death Guard is it legal

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

redshadow

redshadow

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 375 posts
The idea behind the list was for a monster movie theme, full of monsters and zombie for the imperium to fight

Death guard battalion. 5cp 495pts
Malignant plauguecaster
Typhus
16 poxwalkers
16 poxwalkers
17 poxwalkers

Death Guard supreme command. 1cp 1010pts
Deamon Prince, wings, talons
Mortarion

Daemons supreme command. 1cp 495pts
Deamon Prince, wings, talons, nurgle

2000pts, 7 command points, I still haven’t picked the psychic powers yet but obviously there’s smite, haven’t picked a warlord or relic yet either but I like the suppurating plate and revoltingly resilient.

About it been legal, can I have six deamon princes ? It’s 3 from different codices or does the rule of 3 count ?

BluejayJunior

BluejayJunior

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 667 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

The FAQ for the main rule book specifies that all the Daemon Prince datasheets from the different codexes count as the same datasheet. So only 3 DPs regardless of which codex they are from. 

So if you are using the rule of 3 (which is a guideline for organized events, not a matched play rule), then it isn't a legal list. It depends on your opponent. A tournament won't allow it, but if it's a casual game, you're opponent might be okay with it if you give them a heads up. 

• redshadow and Lord Raven 19 like this

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_48988_15465_18311.pnggallery_48988_15465_10130.png

redshadow

redshadow

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 375 posts
Thx you

redshadow

redshadow

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 375 posts
Ok so if I swap the deamon detachment with.......

Super-heavy auxiliary detachment

Knight despoiler
W/twin icuris autocannos/2 rapid fire battle cannons

Is this the best way to run it ?
I’ve 495pts to spend on a scary knight that complements the death guard

Debauchery101

Debauchery101

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 960 posts
I would take more pox walkers, foul blight spawns, noxious blight bringers and a couple haulers so you can hide Typhus behind them. Good positioning can make a blob of poxwalkers tough and decently mobile with reroll advancing...no one wants to charge and fight last against something that will tie them down. I like to use those rerolls and a sorc with warptime to put one unit up front to line up overwatch blockage for the princes.

With 3 less princes you're now looking at only 6 targets your enemy needs to focus on. That really is not a problem for marines, tau or eldar. Plus you basically have nothing that can be an overwatch threat.

If anything I feel trading mortarion for a knight is better. In my experience he can really obliterate anything in 1 turn by himself but hes going to die. On the chance I can scrap a knight with him..he got his points worth...but usually it's not the case. His strength is his close combat, short range psychics and his auras...which means hes in range for everything and hes getting charged. A knight at least has some potentially brutal overwatch. Despoiler w/2 thermals is 396 pts btw.

So in the end I would say commit to a huge horde that you can buff while taking a more numerous amount of psyker characters even possibly adding in a Supreme HQ Detachment of 1k Sons sorcerers.

Or play hero hammer and take some more mobile/shooty stuff. Marines in transports. Summoning plague bearers and deep striking the death guard terminators is a good move as well. There is always the option of taking greater demons/named demons that just as strong as princes for damage and other factions often bring utility that DG lack
The Pleasure God's Chosen

Emperor's Children (RIP) 2500 pts
Death Guard 3500 pts
Iron Warriors 3000 pts
Enslaved Traitor Guardsmen 1500 pts
Daemons 4000 pts
Salamanders 3000 pts
Necrons 2000 pts

redshadow

redshadow

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 375 posts
So I ended up buying a glottkin to kitbash into a nurgle knight, so I’m definitely keeping the knight and I would like to keep mortarion and the 3 flying demon prince...
I do want the list to be legal and thematic at the same time plus if it give some hurt back the better....
These are not my main armies so any help would be appreciated.... to be honest it’s just something to practice against

I have the knight, a demon prince, everything out of dark emperium, fetius and his cohort, plus 3 plague marines to make them 10 man or two units of 5
I also have an old land raider that could be converted

Help is need to make these fun to and hard to play against

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users