Downtime gaming

Brother Tex

Greetings Brothers! I hope everyone is doing well in this unique time.

With my kids extracurricular activities shut down, I have managed to play more in the last couple weeks with my teenage son, than I have all year. We are having a blast and it's great to have my Greyknights back in action. They were my 1st army when I started with my older son at the beginning of 5th, and still my favorite.

Good luck to all and happy gaming!

It's nice to hear that. Sometimes a bad situation can be a blessing. Unfortunately for me, my kids are all growed up and outta the house, but they were never into the game even tho I tried. I've been building lists and painting but the only game besides Sky rim is 40k free blade.

I haven't painted a thing since this all started. I sat down to do a Land Raider the other day, but I just couldn't find the motivation. I genuinely think that a big part of why I paint so often is because I play often. I'm always excited to use something new in a game and I want it to look beautiful when I bring it to the club.

I haven't done any painting, but have been building so e new and finishing some partially built models, and doing some magnetising. I'm fortunately working full time, I just have some 'free' time at night because the kids activities all cancelled...and only because my son is doing it all with me, otherwise it's the 'honey do list' lol

Painting is the next phase....

Tonight my son and I will start another game...3500pts of my terminators against him using Salamanders.

I'm only bringing terminators...55 of them, and he's using 3 storm ravens, 2 dreads, repressor, Vulkan, centurions, speeders, repressors, scouts and intercessors, oh my.

It's going to be quite interesting, but fun times to be had!

How'd the game go brother?

Will finish it tonite,in turn 4. Started Saturday night and enjoying the fun of the game along the way, not rushing.

I think he's up a few victory points on me and I have some work ahead of me.

I will say that salamander agressors are no joke...the volume of shots with rerolls, plus a couple stratagems and they took out 9 Paladins in one squad and 5 out of another...SURPRISE!!...didn't see that coming.

It's also a little tougher deepstriking and gating with that much of the opponents army on the table.

Edited by Brother Tex

I did play another game last night with both of my sons in a three way battle.

1500 pts each of Iron Hands, Tzeench Daemons and Thousand Sons, and my Greyknights. It was a lot of fun.

I ended up pulling ahead in vp on the last turn...logging a hard fought victory!...overcoming some plain dumb mistakes on my part.

Iron Hands just suck with all the feel no pain rolls and shooting. There's nothing worse than having half of your 2d smites getting ignored.

It was my first time playing against daemons and was fun...and scary. Tzeench can put out some serious psychic powers at distance, but it's also nice to do 4 wound smites on them!

I'm just thankful there was another army on the table for both of them to target instead of just me.

All in all it was a lot of fun playing with both of my sons. It doesn't happen much as my 25yr old is out of the house and my 15yr old is usually busy with school and activities.

I hope everyone enjoyed there Easter too and are staying healthy!

My 3500pt game against the Salamanders didn't end well for me. I conceded after my half of turn 4 as he was up 9-4 in vp and he had much better board control at that point.

Battle wise I did pretty well although I made a couple mistakes. I didnt use my cp wisely enough and was out of them too early, and a bad placement of Voldus on his teleport drop.

My son played the game well so I can't take away from him, as he forced my hand a couple times, and placed his units smart to prevent any of my deep striking on his entire half of the board making 3 objectives very difficult to attain.

We will do this battle again after he tweaks his list, but not right away. He has made 1500pt lists for each of the Daemon armies for our next battles. I will face off against Korne this Saturday.