My IF Modernization

andes

I started in 40k with Imperial Fists way back in 3rd Ed. I played them pretty-much exclusively until 5th Ed. when I took a break from 40k. Like many others, I returned to the game with the 8th Ed. Renaissance. I've been playing filthy xenos, but recently got the bug to bring my old buddies up to current standards. Here's progress so far:

qTtUgVel.jpg

LYum8VBl.jpg

kDoN93sl.jpg

Hellblasters are currently on the hobby desk. 

Edited by andes

I love it. What is it with Fists and really taking to medium-heavy weathering? Is it the yellow, makes it stand out better? Maybe the fact that the Fists are siege/fortification masters, so their stuff is rugged by design and weathering is more possible for this?

All of the above, I think. The contrast between the yellow and whatever weathering tone is used helps a lot for sure! 

I did over-weather the Redemptor though. Less is more. Next one will be better.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks! I over-weathered them a bit, it doesn't show so much in the picture due to clever posing ;-) They're fine really, I tend to be hard on myself.

I'm currently working on a Primaris Lieutenant who will be done soon... I was distracted by building and painting a Rukkatrukk Squigbuggy for my Evil Suns. I'm hobbying back and forth between the two armies so I don't burn out. Shelter in place sucks, but I sure am getting a lot of painting done. 

Many an enemy has stopped to ponder the significance of the rear-facing storm bolter, only to concede - in that moment of confusion - a window of lethal opportunity to the Imperial Fists.

You've come a long way, mate.

Ha! That's hysterical! The Storm Bolter is on a pin so I can remove it for transport, didn't notice it had spun around in the pic  :-D

And thanks for the kind words.

Many an enemy has stopped to ponder the significance of the rear-facing storm bolter, only to concede - in that moment of confusion - a window of lethal opportunity to the Imperial Fists.

You've come a long way, mate.

Ha! That's hysterical! The Storm Bolter is on a pin so I can remove it for transport, didn't notice it had spun around in the pic  :-D

And thanks for the kind words.

That wasn't the janky conversion bit?

Hmm... Then is it the Iron Halo that I don't recognise? Looks like it could be a button from some jeans or something...

That wasn't the janky conversion bit?

Hmm... Then is it the Iron Halo that I don't recognise? Looks like it could be a button from some jeans or something...

That's the one! It's flat washer and a lock washer glued together, then cut in half. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks! The weathering is almost entirely sponged on. There is one spot on the Redemptor Dread where I experimented with masking fluid weathering, but it isn't visible in the picture. The experiment ended up marginally successful, but I decided that experimenting on an expensive centerpiece model wasn't what I wanted to be doing so switched to the sponge.

...and yeah, there weren't a lot of yellow options back then. I went with GW Bronzed Flesh glazed with GW yellow ink.

Good time for it. I'm doing Orks and Thousand Sons while I wait for the world to reopen.

Nice! I love my Evil Suns, they're so much fun to play.