My IF Modernization

andes

Thanks! The Apothecary was the most challenging model I've painted for the army so far. I did a lot of Google Image Searches looking for inspiration. There's one in particular by Siege Studios that I really liked and found useful FWIW.

I had hoped to make the metal on the servo arm thingies a more sterile looking bright chrome but I just couldn't get it to work on the model... it just ended up looking washed out to me.

• 2 weeks later...

I started work on the Indomitus Blade Guards, but just couldn't get into them so switched over to the Chaplain. He was a blast to paint. I'll take another stab at the Blade Guard next.

Man, I really want to get some games in with these guys. It's a weird feeling to have a new, completely painted but unplayed army... the problem is usually the opposite :teehee:

vN33Tggh.jpg

Edited by andes

• 3 weeks later...

I love the Heavy Intercessor models and will definitely get a box or two when they release. I'm making slow progress on the Outriders right now, maybe I'll take a stab (ha!) at the Assault Intercessors next...

Edited by andes

Thanks! The Outriders are almost done... one way or another I'll finish them this weekend :happy.:

Is your brother's set part of the made-to-order delivery?

Edited by andes

Thanks for the kind words. The 'Rona Lockdown is terrible for everything except army painting.

Next up is my Judiciar. I put a lot more effort into him and, as the cross-ponders say, I'm quite chuffed with how he turned out

http://i.imgur.com/Bkrksf0h.jpg

Thanks!

It's a bummer your brother missed out on the first round, but the box is absolutely worth the wait. Hopefully GW comes through with earlier-than-planned fulfillment.

I finished the first five E2B Assault Intercessors from the Indomitus box. The sergeant's thunder hammer is a kitbash, no special weapons were included on the sprue (no surprise there, E2B and all that). Assault Intercessors don't really line up with my army's theme, so the 10 from Indomitus will probably be all that I do which is a bit disappointing given the upcoming multipart kits are looking to be a lot nicer.

3JGySWfh.jpg

• 1 month later...

Had a bit of a hobby slowdown. Between painting Space Wolves for my friend's army and Indomitus burnout (the models are so fancy and detailed I find they make it really hard to stay motivated... weird, eh?) I haven't been very productive. C'est la vie, hobby is not a job :happy.:

Anyways, I finished Chaplain Sturgis. He's a very serious fellow who keeps his bike showroom-clean at all times, so no weathering. Nobody knows how he does it in the middle of a hot warzone... there are rumors his Servo Skulls have brushes magna-locked to their heads but nobody knows for sure.

Z0NKM7Qh.png

scKEQYyh.png