Agamemnos PDF Plog (by Heckus)

As promised, this week I'll be posting my Fast Attack models.

I have a bit of a "Sentinel problem". I love these darn things and have 12 of them in 4 different paint schemes.

First, I painted these for my urban Catachans. The idea was "construction equipment yellow". Their names are "Aces", "Heartbreaker", and "Lucky" respectively.

med_gallery_69131_9372_1387884.jpg

Then I painted a trio to match my PDF colors. i wanted them to look a bit like Police vehicles

med_gallery_69131_9372_782279.jpg

I rescued 3 more from my FLGS's used bin. One was passable but the other 2 were missing weapons, pilots, and the engines that go on the back. Fortunately I have a fairly extensive bits box and was able to make do.

med_gallery_69131_9372_876680.jpg med_gallery_69131_9372_526831.jpg

I have another that is a twin to this last one but he's awaiting basing materials (darn Apocalypse). Without their canopy that look like this:

med_gallery_69131_9372_600289.jpeg sml_gallery_69131_9372_357530.jpg

Edited by Cap'm Heckus

My Fourth Trio are the ones I did recently the Chalnath event. i had been sitting on these kits for more than a year having picked them up used at a gaming convention for the cost of one new one. They were almost GSC fodder but I rallied and stayed loyalist.

med_gallery_69131_16189_533361.jpg med_gallery_69131_16189_94673.jpg

These are the first ones I ever magnetized so hopefully that means I won't need to buy anymore...

Edited by Cap'm Heckus

Sentinels are great little models, I understand the sentiments! I keep thinking about getting more, but I should paint what I have first :tongue.:

I'm the same way. I have such a painting back log but if i find a model at a good price I can't help but buy it. Sadly, I've not yet found a cheap Hellhound so I only have the one.

That brings us to today's offering: 1 Hellhound.

med_gallery_69131_9372_898912.jpg

pretty basic, but table ready. I've been going back to add detail and weathering to some of my older tanks. This guys needs it. I've also got some track guards primered up and waiting to be added. Might snap off his multimelta too in favor of a heavy flamer or bolter. It seemed like a great idea at the time but this tank needs to keep moving and only hitting on a 5+ hurts.

True. magnets... hmm...

While I ponder that, I just had another idea. I have some spare chimeras that don't get much play. Like this guy:

sml_gallery_69131_9372_785889.jpg

While on my lunch break (work from home) I made this turret piece and found these tubey thingys.

sml_gallery_69131_9372_115602.jpg sml_gallery_69131_9372_488631.jpg

I made the turret bit out of the assault launcher part from a Land Raider (turned it upside down and hollowed out the skull area to make a view port).

It needs a little green putty work but with these bits I should be able to turn that old Chimera in a shiny new Hellhound. I'll clip the lasgun barrels and mount the tubes on the last 2 gun necks. (figure out something to cover the front most).

I'm a little behind this week. Started painting more infantry. But I need to get pics of my heavies up as well as some close ups of my rough riders to round out my fast attacks. To stay on schedule I offer these 2 recently completed tanks (one of which I previewed in the "Today in IG" thread).

My converted Annihilator

med_gallery_69131_9372_765059.jpg

and a repainted Punisher

med_gallery_69131_9372_80817.jpg

More to come.

I still have a number of tanks and other heavy support items to get posted. I've had a busy week but managed to add a few new pieces to the Catachan portion of my army.

This week I painted a Wyvern (I know, they aren't the greatest but I think some of the new strats and Ace abilities could make them work)

med_gallery_69131_9372_349339.jpg

A third infantry squad

med_gallery_69131_9372_290159.jpg

And a Company Commander with Boltgun.

sml_gallery_69131_9372_1291.jpg

I also went through and repainted some of my existing Catachans to add that dark red on all of them. It makes them feel a good bit more uniform.

Thank you.  I have another wyvern kit that I was on the fence as to how to build it.  i think maybe a pair of wyverns might be better than one and a single hydra. 

I'm currently having fun sprucing up my old catachans.  They match nicely with my new scions.  i picked up a metal Harker and Stracken before the shut down and hope to paint them up soon.

Soooo, this next offering might be kind of controversial. Back when GSC came out I was jealous of their mining laser mutants so i decided to make my own. My guys were miners and my army had "Abhumans" so i decided to make a new mutant variant somewhere between a man and an ogryn. I call them "Heavy Weapons T.I.Ms" (no idea what the acronym stands for, its just a play on "teams").

I figure, a HWT is normally a single base (usually), 2 wound, 2 attack, S4 (for catachan) model. So is the "T.I.M.". The only major difference is base size.

med_gallery_69131_9372_141806.jpg

med_gallery_69131_9372_358900.jpg

sml_gallery_69131_9372_226442.jpg sml_gallery_69131_9372_250945.jpg

Thoughts? Comments? Outrage?

and here's another tank

med_gallery_69131_9372_277682.jpg

med_gallery_69131_9372_306006.jpg

3 more LRBT and some heavy weapon teams to go and then I've gotten all of my old stuff photographed. Oh yeah, and a bunch of Chimeras... then going forward this thread will mostly cover new stuff. next I'll need to start on my "Space badgers" marine chapter.

sml_gallery_69131_14683_57442.jpeg

Soooo, this next offering might be kind of controversial. Back when GSC came out I was jealous of their mining laser mutants so i decided to make my own. My guys were miners and my army had "Abhumans" so i decided to make a new mutant variant somewhere between a man and an ogryn. I call them "Heavy Weapons T.I.Ms" (no idea what the acronym stands for, its just a play on "teams").

I figure, a HWT is normally a single base (usually), 2 wound, 2 attack, S4 (for catachan) model. So is the "T.I.M.". The only major difference is base size.

med_gallery_69131_9372_141806.jpg

med_gallery_69131_9372_358900.jpg

sml_gallery_69131_9372_226442.jpgsml_gallery_69131_9372_250945.jpg

Thoughts? Comments? Outrage?

Nice conversion work there

Certainly a few references in the lore to guardsmen strong enough to do this kinda thing

Soooo, this next offering might be kind of controversial.  Back when GSC came out I was jealous of their mining laser mutants so i decided to make my own.  My guys were miners and my army had "Abhumans" so i decided to make a new mutant variant somewhere between a man and an ogryn.  I call them "Heavy Weapons T.I.Ms" (no idea what the acronym stands for, its just a play on "teams").

These muties are outstanding. I think I may have to do something similar for my heavy weapons troops.

T.I.M. could stand for Teraphim-class Imperial Mutants... teraphim are small idols made to represent household gods...

Soooo, this next offering might be kind of controversial.  Back when GSC came out I was jealous of their mining laser mutants so i decided to make my own.  My guys were miners and my army had "Abhumans" so i decided to make a new mutant variant somewhere between a man and an ogryn.  I call them "Heavy Weapons T.I.Ms" (no idea what the acronym stands for, its just a play on "teams").

These muties are outstanding. I think I may have to do something similar for my heavy weapons troops.

T.I.M. could stand for Teraphim-class Imperial Mutants... teraphim are small idols made to represent household gods...

That's awesome.  I like it!