Agamemnos PDF Plog (by Heckus)

Today's progress: I had painted the first 5 of these a while back and always meant to finish the remainder. now i have.

med_gallery_69131_9372_704777.jpg

med_gallery_69131_9372_670017.jpg

4x Hotshot volley guns, and vox. I don't always take the vox but i'd rather have it represented in the squad in case i decide to.

Edited by Cap'm Heckus

• 3 weeks later...

I'm buddies with the Games manager of my FLGS.  He didn't think he was going to get any because they were closed the last 3 months when the ordering took place.  Fortunately, a few showed up this week for him.  It was a nice surprise.

I love your EBay rescue page by the way.  Looks like you got some fun stuff.

Edited by Cap'm Heckus

I'm buddies with the Games manager of my FLGS. He didn't think he was going to get any because they were closed the last 3 months when the ordering took place. Fortunately, a few showed up this week for him. It was a nice surprise.

I love your EBay rescue page by the way. Looks like you got some fun stuff.

Guess it helps having friends in high places!

I'm buddies with the Games manager of my FLGS. He didn't think he was going to get any because they were closed the last 3 months when the ordering took place. Fortunately, a few showed up this week for him. It was a nice surprise.

I love your EBay rescue page by the way. Looks like you got some fun stuff.

Guess it helps having friends in high places!

Why thanks! I've got a couple of auctions that I'm still following but not expecting to bid on and then I'm done for a bit - spent far too much already, and have plenty to clean and paint!

In other news, what're the odds of a group shot? Urban Catachans are clearly the best Catachans, would love to see them together!

I've been meaning to get a group shot.  I'll work on that.

• 2 months later...

Small Update: So I got side tracked a couple of things: First, I started going back into the office a few days a week which has seriously cramped my painting time. Second, my wife and son dragged me back into playing an MMO (GW2) which is a huge time sink. Third, with 9th edition coming out I decided to start Blood Angels. Here are my first 2 minis for that (I'll start a thread for them once I have more painted):

med_gallery_69131_16567_1224922.jpg

For my Urban Catachan's I have the following updates:

• One HB/HB chimera mostly done.
  • Harker is mostly done
  • One Catachan special edition Colonel assembled and staring at me in judgement as to why I haven't painted him yet.
  • One Hydra tank primered in 3 batches ( grey hull, silver guns, and red gunner shield)
  • I bought another Russ kit
  • I bought a squad of Catachan heavy weapons (but haven't decided what weapon option to go with for the new edition).
  • Ordered the new Ogryn squad from Victoria Miniatures (just today so it may be a bit), a 5-man squad of the Border World rangers w/ sniper rifles, and 2 of the Ogryn special character (both free :teehee: ).

So that's where I stand currently.

EDIT: update pic of current chimera (not nearly done):

med_gallery_69131_9372_1240886.jpg

Edited by Cap'm Heckus

Great, now i'm gonna see that every time I field him... Thaaaaaanks. So glad i didn't pick purple as part of my colors.

Aaaaanyway, i also finished Sgt. Harker

med_gallery_69131_9372_476185.jpg

NOTE: I really need to find a way to clean the white mat in my light box. Lots of fuzzies and black primer dust.

Edited by Cap'm Heckus

• 2 weeks later...

Update: I found this guy years ago in FLGS used bin. It was in ROUGH shape with no rear railing, no hatch or front gun, and a really hurtful primering job. I cleaned it up as best I could, replaced some pieces and added a few touches of my own. Enjoy:

med_gallery_69131_9372_339991.jpg

med_gallery_69131_9372_1269089.jpg

med_gallery_69131_9372_222366.jpg

She still needs a few decals and some weathering but she's in a better place and I'm off to bed. Just wanted to share.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's what I'm working on this week:

med_gallery_69131_9372_49588.jpg

• I picked up Ripper Jackson this morning (2 actually - never know when I might need another down the road...).
  • I used the spare head from the Catachan Colonel to make another Colonel piece and I assembled some command squad members.
  • I got Stracken painted.
  • I painted the turret and tank commander for a new Leman Russ (need to wash and dry brush the hull).

EDIT: side topic, Ripper, Sly and the Catachan Colonel come with Marine-sized bases. For reason, I put Stracken and my kit-bashed Col on them as well. The larger bases make them stand out a bit more (in a good way) but they give a few extra mm to their foot-print. I can't see anyone complaining about if they did i just assume I'll measure distances from the middle of the mini rather than the base edge (for orders and such). Any thoughts?

Ripper's stat sheet doesn't have any special rules and just says to use her as a sgt for a veteran squad. My plan to to make her a lieutenant. Also, she was a bit of a pain to assemble...

Edited by Cap'm Heckus

In the works: I stripped and soaked 40 metal stormtroopers. They'd be sitting in "dip" for about a year (might've forgotten i had them...).

med_gallery_69131_9372_941160.jpg

Of the 40 there are 6 sergeants but only 2 special weapons (1 flamer/1 melta). I think the math works or for 2 10-man squads and 4 5-man squads. Now if only my area would get some Chaos Black primer back in stock.

Edited by Cap'm Heckus

This week I finished my catachan command squad

med_gallery_69131_9372_720822.jpg

and decided to repaint my red sentinels to fit my catachan army instead of preatorians (too many projects, I'm deciding to refocus)

med_gallery_69131_9372_1165161.jpg med_gallery_69131_9372_679026.jpg

I swapped the driver for a catachan and added a roll bar and fire effects to the flamer barrel (all of my infantry flamers have it). I also repainted the legs to be all metal like my armored sentinels. I wish I could paint the hull in my standard grey, but I'm lazy and that red looks really nice.