I see there are a couple games going (or just getting going, as the case may be), but is anyone interested in a game of something? At this point I could go for any of FFG's games.

What about you?

Hail Brother Fenrykus!

I see from your post in the introduction section elsewhere, that you are you are coming in from the cold so to speak - welcome (back?) to the RPG nook.

I'm sure there will be some salivating over your proposal :)

MR.

What game would people like to play?

I personally would love to play a Cultist-based Black Crusade adventure, and I've had a special hankering for a Rogue Trader adventure, though I know the latter can be a little more tedious to set up.

I'm always up for Only War and Dark Heresy, though I have next to no practical experience with DH2e.

Deathwatch is lowest on my list, but I still enjoy it.

I like things that are often morally gray when it comes to plot. I was a huge fan of the Lion when he was morally ambiguous when it came to who he supported during the Heresy.

So system wise, I'm fine with anything so long as the plot is good, I prefer story over mechanics.

Would be interesting to see a cultist game go from the ground up, so you start as Pleb McPut-on and end up as Lord of Darkspire, plenty different to the usual Astartes fare, more dangerous and challenging, where everything is your enemy and a sideways look from the wrong noble will get you shanked.

MR.

Would be interesting to see a cultist game go from the ground up, so you start as Pleb McPut-on and end up as Lord of Darkspire, plenty different to the usual Astartes fare, more dangerous and challenging, where everything is your enemy and a sideways look from the wrong noble will get you shanked.

MR.

This!

I would be knee deep in placeholders, but this could be fun!

Is this a good time to bring up my "The Fall of House x" idea of corrupted Knights again ;)

As Fenrykus says, looks like we have a cabal of 'heroes'...

I don't know BC really well (I've run two games!) and already have my hands full with BAHS, as well as other projects off-board.  Any takers for GM, even maybe Co-GM?

MR.

Well, if you are LOOKING for a game, it might be easier to see if there options to join an existing one. The Fraters running them are quite nice or so I hear ;)

With the regulars here running or posting there already, I gyessvthervaren't a lot of people free to actually run another campaign. Even a cool sounding one as this one.

I have an idea, but I'm waiting to hear back from a few people.

EDIT: If I don't get an answer in a couple of days, I'll just go ahead.  I think one of the problems we have in the Nook is that we would like a few games running but have very few GM's that can do it.

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

I've approached two other GM's and they've either not replied to me or they are indisposed - both circumstances are understandable at this crazy time.  Since both DW campaigns have ground to a halt, I can, if anyone wishes, put DW:BAHS on hiatus and run a BC game instead.  I have limited experience with BC, but I do have the books, so I will be relying more on players to step up and do their part.

I understand our players have done a lot of work on their characters for BAHS and we have some great initial posts.  I'll be messaging anyone who doesn't immediately reply.

So, the question is: Do you want me to fold the DW and replace it with a twist on this?

Yes/No.

MR.

@Steel, was going to try and capitalise on the threads stitched by Noctus Cornix and have all you guys forming into one Legion.  I'm willing to take suggestions on that though as I want to try and launch this as an event for the Nook.

Any suggestions welcome.

@Beren, you're welcome to hook up :smile.:

You will all start out as pesky meatbag humans though...just to make it interesting.  My ideas are percolating at the moment.

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

@Steel, was going to try and capitalise on the threads stitched by Noctus Cornix and have all you guys forming into one Legion.  I'm willing to take suggestions on that though as I want to try and launch this as an event for the Nook.

Any suggestions welcome.

@Beren, you're welcome to hook up :smile.:

You will all start out as pesky meatbag humans though...just to make it interesting.  My ideas are percolating at the moment.

MR.

Aww....

if we are going to start as meat-bags, I can figure something out.

So if we go about a BC game, we're going to have to get serious.  I want to really nail this down now as I don't want to expend a lot of effort for nothing for either players or the GM or the forum, because I'm determined to try and launch something for all of us down here in the Nook.

Loosely, I am proposing as follows:

• Heresy based
  • Night Lords based (although this could change at this stage)
  • You start as meatbags who have been put in prison (lawfully or not)
  • BC Core Ruleset (with adaptations for armour)
  • Heresy gear
  • People who apply in here are established
  • Event applications are like a gang, they have to beat/kill/stab/bribe their way in (like the bit In Dark Knight)

Thoughts?

Also, please have a think about Mol's offer of an Only War game, as I've never even seen one, and this thread is about getting games going.  If necessary, I'll bust this thread off into different parts.

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

You know me MR, I'm always down for a PBP game,

I do and always glad to have you on board. :Elite:

I could certainly give both campaigns a shot.

Thanks Beren, more the merrier. :thumbsup:

Stupid brain is now saying I should also look into Rogue Trader so we can do that Game of Throne of Knights of Heresy thing, although the BC game is now taking shape in my head and should be called We Have Come For You/Clad In Crimson Midnight.  I am open to changes/suggestions etc, please feel free to post them as we're still thrashing it out.

We could tie the Knight Of Thrones into the BC game too...(SHUT UP BRAIN!)

MR.

I like all of this and all of you! (This is so much faster than clikcking individual likes).

Totally ok with putting things on hold since we haven't started anything serious on your campaign, Mazer. I have a solid concept there and if everything, can still use it as an inspiration for a Killteam :)

Bit relieved actually since I propably can't really keep up with a third game :p

I am biased towards BC obviously. I like the Heresy-resque starting point but am not set on a Legion. Of course, I kind of nudged the Knight of Thrones thing, so .. mind blown here!

Impartial on "Only war" ... guess I would wait for some details or would have to see other peoples ' char ideas first to see if something clicks.

Just my 2 p