As I said, I'm pretty much down for anything. I've put together a rough draft for a Cultist character so I can start to get an idea of where I want to take him, but I can just as quickly whip something up for any system.

I can also help with some game setup if needed, and maybe help run the game, but my experience falls off quickly when it comes to psychic powers and balancing encounters.

Edited by Fenrykus

EDIT: Reading a bit further into the potential direction, I'm still interested but might follow along and read more on the FFG books to get a better understanding of what this could look like and involve.

Edited by Llagos_Tyrant

EDIT: Reading a bit further into the potential direction, I'm still interested but might follow along and read more on the FFG books to get a better understanding of what this could look like and involve.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. 

I second Fenrykus' statement, please don't hesitate to ask us anything, we have several experienced players and gamesmasters in the RPG section who are more than willing to listen.  Similarly don't hesitate on making suggestions or contributing with your own ideas.

We welcome them fully.

That's how we make this interesting for everyone :smile.:

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

I have an Only War mission ready to go and entirely playable, which will massively reduce my prep time. I am working on a post to create a different character creation system to reflect my vision of the Penal Legion system - it will involve some slight alteration to the Regiment creation system, but I believe it should allow players to create interesting characters. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Still Haven't gotten a game as the last two I tried to join, One ended and the other is on break. SO I am seeing if anyone else is thinking of starting a game and needs players. Currently as I can see there are no active RPGs and I think there are still a few active RPers. (I am not that good as a GM so I just want to be a player.)

I lament my absence and regret my Badab War themed campaign had to be shelved, knowing all too well the frustrations the denizens of the RPG Nook are labouring under!

I acknowledge my error and will endeavour to correct it. :)

My time IS very tight, but the Deathwatch rulebook does allow support for a Solo player in the guise of a 'Kill Marine'.  It would have to be a fairly straightforward story, and handled more narratively (although I tend to cling to Combat Crunch) and with less investment than Commissar Molotov's Blackthorn campaign, (he's been planning that for years after all!) but if you are interested, TechCaptain I'm prepared to try and make it work, as you've been hankering to get stuck in for a while.

I may be able to handle another Solo player if someone else wants a bit of a punch-up, but again, I can only really offer Deathwatch as it's all I am truly familiar with.  The reason I'm proposing Solo play over Party play is down to making it work at the granular, individual level considering the manic circumstances we're all in.

That is not to say that your Solo stories cannot interconnect or have a mutual, knock-on effect! :D

Quick considerations:

• I will need fresh characters - not ones that will appear in, or are built for, other campaigns.
  • I will not need excel-style character sheets at this time.  If we absolutely do,  we'll sort them out later.
  • No Blackshields.
  • I have never Solo GM'd before, adjust your expectations accordingly.

The nature of playing-by-post will assist with the logistics.

Let me know what you think.

MR.

I lament my absence and regret my Badab War themed campaign had to be shelved, knowing all too well the frustrations the denizens of the RPG Nook are labouring under!

I acknowledge my error and will endeavour to correct it. :smile.:

My time IS very tight, but the Deathwatch rulebook does allow support for a Solo player in the guise of a 'Kill Marine'.  It would have to be a fairly straightforward story, and handled more narratively (although I tend to cling to Combat Crunch) and with less investment than Commissar Molotov's Blackthorn campaign, (he's been planning that for years after all!) but if you are interested, TechCaptain I'm prepared to try and make it work, as you've been hankering to get stuck in for a while.

I may be able to handle another Solo player if someone else wants a bit of a punch-up, but again, I can only really offer Deathwatch as it's all I am truly familiar with.  The reason I'm proposing Solo play over Party play is down to making it work at the granular, individual level considering the manic circumstances we're all in.

That is not to say that your Solo stories cannot interconnect or have a mutual, knock-on effect! :biggrin.:

Quick considerations:

• I will need fresh characters - not ones that will appear in, or are built for, other campaigns.
  • I will not need excel-style character sheets at this time.  If we absolutely do,  we'll sort them out later.
  • No Blackshields.
  • I have never Solo GM'd before, adjust your expectations accordingly.

The nature of playing-by-post will assist with the logistics.

Let me know what you think.

MR.

You know me MR, I'm down  for some RP action.:yes:

• 1 month later...

I'd love to see this forum take up the game that started it all for FFG - a Dark Heresy investigation! 

Or a game of "not-watch" using the Deathwatch rules system to play Marines from the same Chapter? Each player could be a Squad Sergeant in a Battle-Company, with NPC squadmates? Or players playing Scouts during their initiation into the Chapter? *

*This could link to the Liber - players construct a Chapter and then explore life within it?

It would also be good to see someone taking up Wrath and Glory and showing us how to do it!  

I heard someone say Roleplay and got here as fast I could.

I had an idea not too dissimilar to this, asking the Liberites who are good at such things, to design a character who would then go into a RP game.  It could be done with either DW or OW, as players could design a guard regiment too.

It's a good idea and could serve as a platform for launching something skin to a challenge, a board event.

That was supposed to happen with the Knight Of Thrones Game, but the world decided to laugh at us all.

MR.

I'd love to see this forum take up the game that started it all for FFG - a Dark Heresy investigation!

I have fond memories of Dark Heresy. The characters may have been barely competent at best, more dangerous throwing their guns than shooting them, and at high risk of death from falling damage should they trip over their own feet, but they were fun. More distinct than marines without being as fractured as a rogue trader party.

I liked the idea then and now and over in the Liber....

even if my Excited Fanboy nature and enthusiasm clearly outstrips my abilities and available time :p

But I like the ideas of having some stories connect the adventures of different squads of astartes, sisters, guardsmen or ... dare we say it..scions and knights...

I heard someone say Roleplay and got here as fast I could.

I had an idea not too dissimilar to this, asking the Liberites who are good at such things, to design a character who would then go into a RP game.  It could be done with either DW or OW, as players could design a guard regiment too.

It's a good idea and could serve as a platform for launching something skin to a challenge, a board event.

That was supposed to happen with the Knight Of Thrones Game, but the world decided to laugh at us all.

MR.

Sadly we had an OW game going and it fizzled due to some issues that came up with game mechanics, which was too bad as I was just starting to like the character I had there... The same thing for the Knights of Thrones game, Sev was setting up to be a lot of fun.

But like I always say, I'm always down for some RP Games.

Sadly we had an OW game going and it fizzled due to some issues that came up with game mechanics, which was too bad as I was just starting to like the character I had there... The same thing for the Knights of Thrones game, Sev was setting up to be a lot of fun.

Ah, Sev was for the Badab War game, the KoT style game was the brainchild of Noctus Cornix ;)

Although I have to admit, we had a slew of great characters for DW: Beneath A Hateful Sky.

MR.

Ah, Sev was for the Badab War game, the KoT style game was the brainchild of Noctus Cornix :wink:

Although I have to admit, we had a slew of great characters for DW: Beneath A Hateful Sky.

MR.

Right! I forgot about that one... for some reason I was rolling them into the same thing in my head.

Still, Sev was just the right amount of bitter and hateful about the world to make him a fun sadist to play.... kind of the villain in most of the campaigns, but he's the hero of his own story.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to be a GM very long ago for D&D and found it wasn't really my cup of tea. But if people don't remind a purely Narrative RP where basically I will set you a scene and a mission and you guys will direct how it goes I can give it a shot. No promises It will be any good. It would be for a Only War style kind of thing, but I would like you guys to create a Regiment that you all belong too or something. 

I may be interested, depending on what sort of character would be possible.

I was actually talking to Commissar Molotov earlier today about how to start a game/be a GM as while I have never done so given the interest in recent days I thought I might give a rules light narrative focused campaign a go. Still working out some details and hope to present them tomorrow to see if anybody is interest.

Edit: Concept thread is now up : http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/368668-archeotech-a-narrative-game-concept-and-recruitment/

Edited by Trokair