Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Any Interest In A Game

RPG FFG Roleplaying Game Deathwatch Only War Black Crusade Rogue Trader Dark Heresy

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

Boyadventurer

Boyadventurer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 618 posts

If another Deathwatch campaign opens up, I'm so down to play. I didn't make the cut in the most recent recruitment unfortunately but I've got a character all lined up. I've got all the books and have been trying to get a group together for a few years. I'm not really able to dedicate 3-4 hours at a time for regular rpg sessions now, so PBP seemed like the perfect answer.

• Commissar Molotov likes this

gallery_48988_15465_18333.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.pnggallery_45765_13882_2878.pnggallery_96397_14126_674.png

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

++ SCLOPETATOR SIMULAMINIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,086 posts

Being a GM is great, as it's always your turn!

I'm not going to steal any of Tech or Trokair's thunder here (That sounds like a Heavy Metal Band msn-wink.gif ) if you lads want to try and run a game, we'll help as much as we can.  We need more GM's in the Nook, it's that simple, and we don't have many that are available.  The ones we do are near to full capacity.

But.

The best way to learn is to play, and ask lots of questions a Vet GM does not care about answering.  I'm in a down spot between projects at the moment, and whilst I am busy elsewhere, I could run a DW game.  I know, I know - it's Deathwatch - again, but it's what I know, and what brought a few folks into the fold anyway, so please, no tomatoes! happy.png

I only have two requests up front:  No Blackshields, no Librarians (maybe later on).  If you've already got a character concept (or alternative) you were working on for Part III of Blackthorn and didn't get picked up for that, we can just port them across.  This will be a one-shot, pre-designed and structured game.  If it goes ok, we can try another.

Respond here or you can PM me if interested.

MR.

• Commissar Molotov, Steel Company, Trokair and 1 other like this

Indexes: IA: Scions of Gehenna IA: White Paladins

The blanket of fire from the pirates thinned as they desperately tried to kill everyone, a costly mistake the Infantry would exploit.  Another explosion blossomed in a muted boom, tearing a man off his feet, sending him flying backwards almost gracefully, to crunch down fifteen metres from the initial point of impact, trailing blood from a ruptured knee joint.  Low gravity combat defied the usual expectation of seeing violent movements realised quickly.  It was horrifically deceptive.

Arron Owen, The Ares Gambit.

Trokair

Trokair

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,482 posts

I would be interested, and have the beginnings of a character already in the works courtesy of CM recruitment thread.  A short campaign could also be great in just getting the hang of it as a player before trying to run a game myself.  

I guess at this point I am interested in any game to have a go at and see how it goes.

Edited by Trokair, 22 January 2021 - 09:56 PM.

• Mazer Rackham likes this
My Assorted Projects
Facing the Unknown , Facing the Unknown II

He's a psychic-power immune (kind of) chaincannon armed Havoc Marine - I think Tro has enough toys! tongue.png

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

++ SCLOPETATOR SIMULAMINIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,086 posts

@ Trokair, that's not a problem.  I'll shortly be putting together something to start discussion.  We will be going in a Rank 3, that way you guys can lay waste, learn how to do XP, all that jazz.

EDIT: You can now find the thread mentioned above here.

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham, 23 January 2021 - 12:36 AM.

• Trokair and TechCaptain like this

Indexes: IA: Scions of Gehenna IA: White Paladins

The blanket of fire from the pirates thinned as they desperately tried to kill everyone, a costly mistake the Infantry would exploit.  Another explosion blossomed in a muted boom, tearing a man off his feet, sending him flying backwards almost gracefully, to crunch down fifteen metres from the initial point of impact, trailing blood from a ruptured knee joint.  Low gravity combat defied the usual expectation of seeing violent movements realised quickly.  It was horrifically deceptive.

Arron Owen, The Ares Gambit.

Xin Ceithan

Xin Ceithan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,824 posts
  • Faction: The Obsidian Coil, XXth Legio

Huh, this little fringe forum. Shane I can hardly keep up with the campaign I am already involved in :)

Call_of_Chaos_7_Banner_01c.jpgCall_of_Chaos_9_Banner_01b.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: RPG, FFG, Roleplaying Game, Deathwatch, Only War, Black Crusade, Rogue Trader, Dark Heresy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users