If another Deathwatch campaign opens up, I'm so down to play. I didn't make the cut in the most recent recruitment unfortunately but I've got a character all lined up. I've got all the books and have been trying to get a group together for a few years. I'm not really able to dedicate 3-4 hours at a time for regular rpg sessions now, so PBP seemed like the perfect answer.

Being a GM is great, as it's always your turn!

I'm not going to steal any of Tech or Trokair's thunder here (That sounds like a Heavy Metal Band :wink: ) if you lads want to try and run a game, we'll help as much as we can.  We need more GM's in the Nook, it's that simple, and we don't have many that are available.  The ones we do are near to full capacity.

But.

The best way to learn is to play, and ask lots of questions a Vet GM does not care about answering.  I'm in a down spot between projects at the moment, and whilst I am busy elsewhere, I could run a DW game.  I know, I know - it's Deathwatch - again, but it's what I know, and what brought a few folks into the fold anyway, so please, no tomatoes! :happy.:

I only have two requests up front:  No Blackshields, no Librarians (maybe later on).  If you've already got a character concept (or alternative) you were working on for Part III of Blackthorn and didn't get picked up for that, we can just port them across.  This will be a one-shot, pre-designed and structured game.  If it goes ok, we can try another.

Respond here or you can PM me if interested.

MR.

I would be interested, and have the beginnings of a character already in the works courtesy of CM recruitment thread.  A short campaign could also be great in just getting the hang of it as a player before trying to run a game myself.  

I guess at this point I am interested in any game to have a go at and see how it goes.

Edited by Trokair

@ Trokair, that's not a problem.  I'll shortly be putting together something to start discussion.  We will be going in a Rank 3, that way you guys can lay waste, learn how to do XP, all that jazz.

EDIT: You can now find the thread mentioned above here.

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

• 3 months later...

Although I'm certainly in no position to run it, I have toyed with a future game concept: a mission where players take on a role as Astartes scouts, using some of the rules from Rites of Battle. Although my original concepts revolved around the Ultramarines, the Crimson Fists and the Scythes of the Emperor (for reasons that might be obvious), my updated pitch focused on the Imperial Fists. It calls to mind the Watson novels, and the Fists recruit from a multitude of worlds.

Whilst having all the players be from one Chapter means that things are somewhat samey from a mechanical, rules-based perspective I'd thought about having players select a homeworld, perhaps even using the Dark Heresy homeworlds as a base - so you could have the recruit from the hives of Necromunda alongside the pilgrim child taken up from Terra, or a feral world barbarian. Your original homeworld could colour your personality as you begin to absorb into the Chapter, and provide you with different skills or options.

One to be filed away for later (or taken up by someone else, if they are willing?)

From someone who played a similar concept in a 30k format it's a good one. Especially if you treat them as developing personalities. It was a similar concept that eventually became the Chapter Sanguine Templar.