Hi folks, i recently returned to the hobby having spent some time away (8yrs since i was last here!) and thought that by posting something it would force my hand to actually completing it.
I've been collecting on and off for 20 something years and clearly a lot has changed, but thankfully my stash of hoarded minis (while many are missing) turned up some gems when i decided to pull them out of storage.
Most notably - these guys:
some might scream sacrilege, but the box had been opened years ago, although i couldnt bring myself to clip the sprues and actually assemble them for fear of not doing them justice..
but since its now 2020 and theres not a lot to do ive busted them out, results below:
turns out the photo looks a lot better on my phone.. might have to work on photography as this project progresses...
you will also note that while RTB01 came with 30 marines i have 40 assembled! magic? heresy? turns out i actually had a little 10man squad handy too
Turns out its still a pretty great kit to mess around with and considering the limited number off individual pieces i tried to make sure they were as interesting/dynamic as i could get them, to reduce the monopose factor.
here they are in a more detailed weird montage form:
Now that the modelling part is done (over s series of weekends) i need to get them painted!
I'm a little torn about this because being a long-standing DA fan i can really see them all being painted in the old first legion black, although part of me wants to set a few aside and recreate some of the other legions from back in the day.. BA, UM, CF, SW, LotD etc.. but here's always something nice about having a consistent dedicated approach - first world problems i guess!
Anyway, just wanted to share and will be sure to keep progress (and motivation) updated.