Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Unification Wars and Solar Conquests

Events Unification Wars A Broken Throne History

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,743 posts
  • Faction: Inkspillers

Here we'll detail and discuss our version of the Unification Wars and the conquest of the Solar System.

Carrying over from our previous Legions' projects, I believe we're OK to keep:

The Fall of Madagac
Fought against the rulers of this nation, east of Nordafrik, this battle saw tens of thousands of Imperial soldiers fight against the Madagac army before the Emperor and Eagle Warriors broke through and slew the enemy commander.

The Battle of Magellos
An action fought by the VIth Legion against the forces of the Pan-Pacific Empire on the equator, west of Central Merica.

The Yurfik Campaign
After Albyon, the XIIth were sent north and fought against the powerful and bellicose armies of Yurfik, eventually forcing them to submit to the Emperor. The III Legion would arise from this region.

Ursh
Ursh was conquered by a combined force of the XIII and III Legions in conjunction with Prussan Grenadiers and Thunder Warriors. At this battle the III claimed Kalaggan's head as trophy and the XIII earned the right to wear the Imperial Aquila as their symbol.

Veregav
Home to the Cult of the Eternal Dirge, which was destroyed by the Lighting Bearers.

The Torching of Canare
A bloody uprising by heretics saw the city of Canare sealed off from the rest of Terra. The XXth Legion were deployed to purge the rebels, razing the city in the process.

The Conquest of Luna
The III Legion led the surprise attack on Luna, supported by two others as they battled the monstrous battle-servitors of the Selenar Cults. This secured the genetic expertise and facilities of the Selenar for the Legiones Astartes.

More tenuous is:

The Siege of Hive Valerian
An Imperial army led by the future Warbringers broke the fortifications of Hive Valerian, situated top the towering cliffs above the Kuril Gorge in the northwest of the Pan-Pacific Empire. Here the genetic lore was retrieved that would allow the Legion to expand properly for the first time.

Edited by bluntblade, 17 April 2020 - 09:36 PM.

• Kelborn likes this

Humble scrivener - alternate Episode IX attempt now complete!

Caretaker of the Lightning Bearers and member of the Broken Throne alt-Heresy project

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,743 posts

And on the Solar System front:

The Jovian Campaign

The future Steel Legion fought against xenos in the atmosphere of Jupiter itself and suffered extensive casualties in this unforgiving theatre. The experience also revealed serious flaws in the collective psyche and methods of the early Legion.

The Conquest of Cassini

The XIIth Legion, then named the War Heralds, led the battle against the debased and hostile abhumans of the frozen moon, abetted by the Wedal Glaceguard and Angkorian Dragoons. This campaign was also notable as one of the first in which the Void Hoplites of the Satyrnine Ordo fought as part of an Imperial force.

The Battle of Oberon

The Blood Wolves took severe casualties in this campaign, temporarily forcing them to campaign alongside the Juggernauts.

Pluto

The Apostles of War took a part in the conquest of Pluto.

Sedna

Eight Legiones Astartes are known to have fought in the campaign to cleanse this mysterious planetoid, known as the "False World." So far this includes the I, II, III, IV, VI, VII, XI and XII.

Edited by bluntblade, 24 April 2020 - 11:26 AM.

Caretaker of the Lightning Bearers and member of the Broken Throne alt-Heresy project

Beren

Beren

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,024 posts

Going off my latest thoughts on the pre-Primarch Dreamwalkers, they'll favour long and drawn out battles (over days or weeks) that don't particularly require finesse. Psyker related battles may carry additional risks to their loss of cohesion. As the unifaction/sol-system wars drag on they'll gradually get more and more cohesive as they adapt to their issues, and prior to departing the sol system for the Great Crusade proper they'll undergo a reorganisation (or rather a formalisation of existing improvised structures and techniques) that allow them to function as an independent Legion.

I'm thinking that the purging of the moons of Neptune that was attributed to the pre-Primarch blood angels might be a good campaign for them, given that it was a protracted and independent campaign that would allow solid command chains and methodologies to form and solidify. Howver I'm aware that the Wings of Woe are on triton and the Cardinal Guard are also at Neptune to some degree, so perhaps a similar campaign elsewhere? Maybe in the Oort cloud?

FunkyMonkey

FunkyMonkey

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 181 posts

I had written a small piece in the Tyrant's Fists' background regarding campaigning in Saturn.  If no one else has plans for Saturn, we can put the TF there.  Alternatively, Saturn has many moons, so multiple legions can take on the campaign.

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,743 posts

I don't know if we have much canon info on xenos occupation there - though the Saturnine culture did join willingly, as did the Jovians - to a lesser or greater extent. So we should tread cautiously there. 

Edited by bluntblade, 04 April 2020 - 07:59 PM.

Beren

Beren

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,024 posts

I forget which, but there was a significant human non-compliant faction on one of them. The Ringers, I believe they were called.

FunkyMonkey

FunkyMonkey

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 181 posts

What I wrote in my little bit was that the main Saturnine polity did enter negotiations do join the Imperium, but it took the Imperium crushing their enemies, the Saturnine Ringers, to seal the deal, which is where the TF came in.

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,743 posts
I wouldn't want to go that specific, even then. But feel free to have them whack the Ringers.

We might as well just call shotgun on Sedna places - at least the seven which aren't logically going to be filled by the First. So: shotgun a place on Sedna!

Tally so far:
I
II
IV
VI
VII
XII

Edited by bluntblade, 10 April 2020 - 07:46 AM.

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,743 posts

The VIIIth and XIVth Legions will support the Blood Wolves in conquering Luna.

MikhalLeNoir

MikhalLeNoir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,814 posts
  • Faction: XIth Legion Wardens of Light
Shotgun!!!

Open for Comissions, just PM me. The Wardens of Light were like golden blades, cutting down their enemies scarring the darkness.

gallery_78117_10471_62812.png

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,743 posts

The Cassini Campaign will be led by the XIIth Legion, backed by the Wedal Glaceguard and Angkorian Dragoons. There should be room for another couple regiments and a Legion.

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,743 posts

Updated Jurfik to be brought to the table by the XII Legion.

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,743 posts

One to add: the Panamakal Pass in Mezo Merik. An eastern stronghold of the Pan-Pacific Empire, it was assailed by a large Imperial host and at length its defences were broken by the XVIth Legion.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Events, Unification Wars, A Broken Throne, History

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users