Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Psychic Awakening: Pariah

• Please log in to reply
218 replies to this topic

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,037 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

New models (thanks Lord Marshall)!

gallery_45765_5904_929042.png

unknown.png

Not sure if this has been posted? Or where it should be posted?

5860ed03-psychic-awakening-pariah.jpg

Swear to god if this is real and the name is connected to them bringing back Necron Pariahs, I will buy them no matter the price

Edited by Dosjetka, 18 April 2020 - 01:47 PM.
=][= Edited title and added pics. =][=

• jeremy1391, templargdt, N1SB and 5 others like this

bRxSYDV.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

Brother Casman

Brother Casman

++ ACCUDO FULMINEUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 1,938 posts
  • Faction: Blood Ravens
Might be the name of the next book, given that it's coming from "C&C Offset Printing Co. LTD"
Active Projects: The Great Repaintening! - follow along on my journey to repaint a Blood Ravens army. | Adeptus Titanicis: Legio Metalica - a slow-grow plog of tiny titans and tinier knights.
Finished Projects: Brother Casman's Waaagh! - All of my Orks... for now. | Brother Casman's Terrain Extravaganza! - Getting the "Third Army" on the battlefield

In the operations of war, [...] the expenditure at home and at the front, including entertainment of guests, small items such as glue and paint, and sums spent on chariots and armor, will reach the total of a thousand ounces of silver per day. Such is the cost of raising an army ...

Scribe

Scribe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,941 posts
  • Faction: Khorne

I still hold that the old Necron stuff, the last page of the 3rd (I think it was 3rd?) edition book, and the stuff between AdMech/Necron at the time, was leagues better than what we have now.

I too, hope we can get Pariahs again.

• Interrogator Stobz, Marshal Loss, templargdt and 4 others like this

DISOBEY

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

The new Lelith Model is a poor reflection of the character. The Head, Facial expression, Pose, and Musculature is wrong.

Brother Casman

Brother Casman

++ ACCUDO FULMINEUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 1,938 posts
+++ Housekeeping Note +++

I've split this off into its own thread, since it's likely separate from the War of the Spider.
Active Projects: The Great Repaintening! - follow along on my journey to repaint a Blood Ravens army. | Adeptus Titanicis: Legio Metalica - a slow-grow plog of tiny titans and tinier knights.
Finished Projects: Brother Casman's Waaagh! - All of my Orks... for now. | Brother Casman's Terrain Extravaganza! - Getting the "Third Army" on the battlefield

In the operations of war, [...] the expenditure at home and at the front, including entertainment of guests, small items such as glue and paint, and sums spent on chariots and armor, will reach the total of a thousand ounces of silver per day. Such is the cost of raising an army ...

Chapter Master Valrak

Chapter Master Valrak

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,800 posts

Who has time to do this? xD

• Silent Observant and Indefragable like this

Mt7WQJG.png

-----------
Youtube - Twitch - Discord - Twitter - Steam Warhammer Group

-----------

My WIP Imperial Fists Army  happy.png

Nemesor Tyriks

Nemesor Tyriks

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,602 posts

I would gladly take Pariahs back but I am hesitant to jump to conclusions from a title.  

• Karhedron likes this

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,447 posts

Not sure if this has been posted? Or where it should be posted?

5860ed03-psychic-awakening-pariah.jpg

Swear to god if this is real and the name is connected to them bringing back Necron Pariahs, I will buy them no matter the price

War of the Spider was discovered the same way, wasn't it? So unless it's a fake, it's got a good chance for the name to be true, if maybe missing a word or letter. Could be "The Pariah", or "Pariahs", or some other variation.

*Adjusts tinfoil hat*

You know who else is called the Pariah? Ephrael Stern's Harlequin pal. And Ephrael herself also fits the description of a pariah as she's an outcast. And both their factions are also due to be featured in a Psychic Awakening book, just like the Necrons. Triple pariah party.

Yes I'm Pepe Silvia-ing this.

Edited by DeadFingers, 30 March 2020 - 09:46 PM.

• templargdt, Son of Carnelian, Aarik and 2 others like this

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,832 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

Looking forward to the people who kept saying Necron Pariahs were dumb and they're never coming back to suddenly rejoice and say they always loved 'em.

• Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra, Black Blow Fly, Marshal Loss and 5 others like this
gallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_9366.png

Captain Idaho

Captain Idaho

++ ARGENTARIUS IRACUNDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 17,750 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
Loved the old Necrons fluff. Any move back to it to repair the damage done is good for me.

New models are needed - Pariahs, Warriors and Destroyers and I'll buy an army straight away!
  • mithrilforge, Lucerne and Hathor42 like this
I've started up a new YouTube channel! Please support me as I attempt to grow it.

Serious Geeks

Scribe

Scribe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,941 posts

I mean it would make sense. Pariah's are the necron response to Psyker activity, or used to be.

God I miss that fluff...

• mithrilforge and Trollbeard like this

DISOBEY

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

The new Lelith Model is a poor reflection of the character. The Head, Facial expression, Pose, and Musculature is wrong.

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,832 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

My guess is Pariahs for Necrons (duh), Primaris Watch-Master and, uh, well Harlequins might not get completely slaughtered to a man in the fluff bits?

• templargdt likes this
gallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_9366.png

Scribe

Scribe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,941 posts

I would really like a kit that puts some more variation it Harlequins, the poses (especially the flying kick one) are just too locked in.

DISOBEY

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,037 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

Imo it's really obvious what GW should do: give fans the ability to play Necrons as oldcrons or newcrons. Can easily be in the same book. Oldcrons have more limited options with some fluffy flavour added, maybe even just as a dynasty that empowers your C'tan. Sort of like how Maynarkh were a deliberate homage to 3rd ed. I'd leap on that, wallet in hand.

I still hold that the old Necron stuff, the last page of the 3rd (I think it was 3rd?) edition book, and the stuff between AdMech/Necron at the time, was leagues better than what we have now.

3rd ed book was legit scary in places - so incredibly memorable.

• templargdt, Lucerne, Scribe and 6 others like this

bRxSYDV.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

Black Blow Fly

Black Blow Fly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,187 posts
  • Faction: TODESKOMPANIE

Pariahs are Primaris Cronz.

=][= fortis Fortuna adiuvat . =][=
my 40k FB Page:
https://m.facebook.com/Terminus6Est
Terminus Est
Blood and Honor!

NTaW

NTaW

++ SUSPECTAVI VENEFICI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,601 posts
I would imagine that if this book title is correct then it bodes well for the return of the Necron Pariah, whether as a character or unit.

Curious if we'll see the title of this book announced/confirmed this weekend with the planned WC reveals.

Edited by NTaW, 30 March 2020 - 08:06 PM.

• mithrilforge likes this

Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra

Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,262 posts

Or we just get a few new units for the Sister of Silence, and that's it.

• Inquisitor Eisenhorn and Qkhitai like this

we_badge_ezra.png

Scribe

Scribe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,941 posts

Pariahs are Primaris Cronz.

Unlikely. There is no need for it as their range is not old enough, nor purchased in numbers high enough, to need a full reboot to fill GW's spreadsheets.

More likely: Its a unit type that is relevant to the meta arc, and a unit type that once existed. Hits the relevancy check mark and the nostalgia check mark.

DISOBEY

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Captain Idaho

Captain Idaho

++ ARGENTARIUS IRACUNDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 17,750 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines

Imo it's really obvious what GW should do: give fans the ability to play Necrons as oldcrons or newcrons. Can easily be in the same book. Oldcrons have more limited options with some fluffy flavour added, maybe even just as a dynasty that empowers your C'tan. Sort of like how Maynarkh were a deliberate homage to 3rd ed. I'd leap on that, wallet in hand.

Agreed on both counts, good sir.
  • Marshal Loss likes this
I've started up a new YouTube channel! Please support me as I attempt to grow it.

Serious Geeks

Fenriwolf

Fenriwolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 222 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Fists

You know who else is called the Pariah? Ephrael Stern's Harlequin pal. And Ephrael herself also fits the description of a pariah as she's an outcast. And both their factions are also due to be featured in a Psychic Awakening book along with Necrons. Triple pariah party.

Yes I'm Pepe Silvia-ing this.

Wasn't Stern mentioned/involved in some sort of way with the eldar PsyAw?

That might not be so unlikely...

Edited by Fenriwolf, 30 March 2020 - 08:36 PM.

redmapa

redmapa

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,829 posts
  • Faction: Reclaimant Crusade

Yeah Stern was mentioned in the first book and she warned Yvraine of some unknown evil that was approaching, so she's active again and she's at least getting a new book sometime this year so this idea of her being in a more active role in Psychic Awakening might not be so far fetched though I would think DW will have a role against the Necrons since there are no other xenos left to pair them with.

War of the Spider has a bunch of factions thrown in, maybe Pariah will be the same with Stern acting similar to Fabius in terms of rules, DW vs Necrons vs Harlequins with Stern thrown in, I find it likely.

• Chapter Master Valrak and Red_Shift like this
++NO PITY.NO REMORSE.NO FEAR++
++Light your way in the darkness with the pyres of burning heretics.++

++We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on fighting
Till the end
++

templargdt

templargdt

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,025 posts

Absolutely true.  Great book, whoever wrote it was really talented (lexicanum says it was a team effort.)  The only other 3rd edition book I had was Demonhunters and the fluff in there was pretty fantastic as well. 

Once Engine War is done, there is Talons of the Emperor and then can't be that many factions left to be included... Necrons, Harlies, deathwatch... is that it?  

Anyway, I'm really enjoying the Psychic Awakening series, more than I thought I would.  

• Marshal Loss and Lucerne like this

1 John 4:8

ijLM8FY.jpgO787td6.jpg

Sons Of Dorn VII

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,447 posts

Necrons, Harlies, deathwatch... is that it?  

And Sisters of Battle, confirmed by GW's Facebook. Unless there are more surprises like Bile and Assassins, for example the Inquisition, which nobody expects, then those four are it.

Edited by DeadFingers, 30 March 2020 - 10:23 PM.

• templargdt, Chapter Master Valrak and Dark Shepherd like this

Chapter Master Valrak

Chapter Master Valrak

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,800 posts

Necrons, Harlies, deathwatch... is that it?  

And Sisters of Battle, confirmed by GW's Facebook. Unless there are more surprises like Bile and Assassins, for example the Inquisition, which nobody expects, then those four are it.

Completely forgot about Sisters!

Mt7WQJG.png

-----------
Youtube - Twitch - Discord - Twitter - Steam Warhammer Group

-----------

My WIP Imperial Fists Army  happy.png

Hellex_The_Thanatar

Hellex_The_Thanatar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,122 posts
You know who's a pariah?

Cypher. And. The. Lion.

They would never release a 40k primarch before the 30k one but now...?

Dun dun dunnnn.
  • bdawalt likes this

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,447 posts

They would never release a 40k primarch before the 30k one but now...?

Magnus would beg to differ.

• bdawalt, Marshal Loss, templargdt and 1 other like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users