Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Psychic Awakening: Pariah

• Please log in to reply
218 replies to this topic

bdawalt

bdawalt

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 149 posts
OH MY... Please pardon me, the back of my bone-white robe has just turned Brown and I need to go change it...
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,798 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard

They would never release a 40k primarch before the 30k one but now...?

Magnus would beg to differ.

Yeah but he never does as he is told. 

• templargdt, PJ1933, AfroCampbell and 5 others like this

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

"If you mean, "Are we all going to get killed?" Yes. Clearly, Guilliman is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to the Cicatrix." Captain Blackadder

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,734 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

Primaris watch master in gravis with that custodes pole axe + boltstorm gauntlet would be sweet. Also Necron pariah's would be cool. They had to make Necron's tomb kings in space because they squatted Tomb Kings in fantasy I always thought. Imagine if we saw silent king return because of a new C'tan came back would be epic. 

gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

templargdt

templargdt

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,024 posts
  • Faction: Blood Ravens

Necrons, Harlies, deathwatch... is that it?  

And Sisters of Battle, confirmed by GW's Facebook. Unless there are more surprises like Bile and Assassins, for example the Inquisition, which nobody expects, then those four are it.

Assassins are in Talons of the Emperor, won't be surprised see Inquisition in there as well.

Also, nice reference.  Hat Tip.

So Pariah would be Sisters, Necrons, and Harlequins.  Sanctuary 101 redo?

Edited by templargdt, 31 March 2020 - 03:17 AM.

• Dark Shepherd likes this

1 John 4:8

ijLM8FY.jpgO787td6.jpg

Sons Of Dorn VII

Torvak Kyre

Torvak Kyre

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 489 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves and Luna Wolves.
As much as I’d love it, I’m worried that the role of elite Necrons running around with Warscythes is already filled by Lychguard. Now I’m aware that there’s a lot more to them than that, but I’m not sure GW would be willing 2 units that are so visually similar.

"Our names may be forgotten, and our bones crumble to dust, but our deaths will echo through the millennia to come."

Jings

Jings

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 264 posts

As much as I’d love it, I’m worried that the role of elite Necrons running around with Warscythes is already filled by Lychguard. Now I’m aware that there’s a lot more to them than that, but I’m not sure GW would be willing 2 units that are so visually similar.

What, like the entire Space Marine range? ;)

Edited by Jings, 31 March 2020 - 02:00 PM.

• mithrilforge, templargdt, Plaguecaster and 6 others like this

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,445 posts

If Necron Pariahs are indeed coming back, I'd be surprised if their appearance and wargear wasn't entirely different.

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,544 posts

Necrons, Harlies, deathwatch... is that it?

And Sisters of Battle, confirmed by GW's Facebook. Unless there are more surprises like Bile and Assassins, for example the Inquisition, which nobody expects, then those four are it.
Assassins are in Talons of the Emperor, won't be surprised see Inquisition in there as well.

Also, nice reference. Hat Tip.

So Pariah would be Sisters, Necrons, and Harlequins. Sanctuary 101 redo?

I assume with Deathwatch too. No other place for the watch to go...

Montford

Montford

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 929 posts
  • Faction: Sisters of Battle/Red Templars

Ephrael Stern, who apeared in the fluff in the first PA book, was certainly considered to be a pariah by many in the Ecclesiarchy, so if the Adepta Sororitas are in this PA book I do hope to see rules for her as well.

Peace may cost less than war, or infinitely more, for war cannot cost more than one's own life.

-Klingon proverb

templargdt

templargdt

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,024 posts
  • Faction: Blood Ravens

Ah, so Deathwatch and Sisters versus Necrons with Harlies being a pain in the neck in typical Eldar fashion.  Sounds decent.  Whoever in the design team built the plan for this series did a good job, hope they get some recognition at GW.

• Dosjetka, Scribe, Llagos_Tyrant and 1 other like this

1 John 4:8

ijLM8FY.jpgO787td6.jpg

Sons Of Dorn VII

Hellex_The_Thanatar

Hellex_The_Thanatar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,120 posts
I had thought sisters being at the intro of PA were exempt but maybe I misread!

Montford

Montford

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 929 posts
  • Faction: Sisters of Battle/Red Templars

Sisters of Battle have not had any rules or updates in any of the PA series thus far. BoLS saw the word "Faith" in one of the book titles, a Sisters character in the YouTube teaser, and made the assumption (and never realized they were wrong even months after the book published and they'd read it! :D )

Edited by Montford, 31 March 2020 - 11:44 PM.

• Black Blow Fly likes this

Peace may cost less than war, or infinitely more, for war cannot cost more than one's own life.

-Klingon proverb

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,445 posts

Sisters of Battle have not had any rules or updates in any of the PA series thus far. BoLS saw the word "Faith" in one of the book titles, a Sisters character in the YouTube teaser, and made the assumption (and never realized they were wrong even months after the book published and they'd read it! biggrin.png )

I know it's hip to dump on BoLS and Spikey Bits, but really, until GW's Facebook confirmed it, nobody was fully sure if they considered Sisters covered by Psychic Awakening due to their battlebox and Codex coming out alongside Faith and Fury like they were part of the same release. It was their icon on the map, not Black Templars, and they're heavily involved in that volume's story. I think it's fair to say people were cynical about it, since GW have given plenty of reasons in the past to feel that way.

• templargdt, Panzer and TheMawr like this

Klod

Klod

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 293 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

https://wh40k.lexica...om/wiki/Kyganil

GrinNfool

GrinNfool

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 368 posts

Eh since Ephrael appeared in Phoenix its possible, would be a link in for the harlies too.  Eph would certainly attract the sisters while Harlies would attract the DW in a death masque 2.0 type thing?  Hard to guess though since Pariah also has necron connotations.  That said thats the title of the book, if it was referring to the necrons I would assume it would be plural.  We will see, thats still 3 books out, and quite possibly everything will get pushed back by a month due to the pandemic.

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,016 posts
  • Faction: Pretty much all of them!

They had to make Necron's tomb kings in space because they squatted Tomb Kings in fantasy I always thought. 

Except the "Tomb Kings in Space" 5th Edition Necron book came out four years before Tomb Kings were "squatted", which only happened when Age of Sigmar came out.

It's much more likely that the Necron book from 5th Edition was simply heavily inspired by the Tomb Kings and GW's tendency for races in 40K and WFB to have direct analogues of each other.

• Black Blow Fly, templargdt, Irbis and 1 other like this

gallery_84244_11417_1545.gifgallery_84244_11417_3775.gifgallery_84244_11417_2850.gifgallery_84244_11417_880.gifgallery_84244_11417_1641.gifgallery_84244_11417_2552.gifgallery_84244_11417_215.png gallery_84244_11417_18892.jpggallery_84244_11417_30096.jpggallery_84244_11417_17741.pnggallery_84244_11417_22884.pnggallery_84244_16660_5008.jpggallery_84244_11417_13552.png

Shinespider

Shinespider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,063 posts

I think it's less a desire to establish analogues and more a desire to give a very one-dimensional race the capacity for actual characters and motivations. 

• Magos Takatus, Noserenda, Nemesor Tyriks and 1 other like this

Call_of_Chaos_11_Banner_02.jpg

Captain Idaho

Captain Idaho

++ ARGENTARIUS IRACUNDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 17,747 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
It didn't work, because Necrons are just humans with a different Codex now.

Lovecraftian horror from an unknowable intelligence is sorely missing from 40K. We got Tyranids but they are less cosmic horror and more mysterious alien apocalypse.

But hey that's taking it off subject. Let's discuss it in the Necrons forum ;)
  • Black Blow Fly, Lexington and Scribe like this
I've started up a new YouTube channel! Please support me as I attempt to grow it.

Serious Geeks

Iron Father Imeran Byon

Iron Father Imeran Byon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 578 posts
  • Faction: Iron Hands

Eh since Ephrael appeared in Phoenix its possible, would be a link in for the harlies too.  Eph would certainly attract the sisters while Harlies would attract the DW in a death masque 2.0 type thing?  Hard to guess though since Pariah also has necron connotations.  That said thats the title of the book, if it was referring to the necrons I would assume it would be plural.  We will see, thats still 3 books out, and quite possibly everything will get pushed back by a month due to the pandemic.

Thinking about it, this might be Kyganil's boot, then? Maybe?

2019-07-30.jpg

The fact that it's indeed "Pariah" and not "Pariahs" makes me lean way more towards a single person/entity being in the focus of that book. So either Kyganil or maybe Ephrael.
I do hope for the Necrons that there are new models coming, seriously. And at the very least: decent rules. But reading GrinNfool's post makes me anxious that they may be relegated to the "and also there were" in the book, much like Genestealer Cults were.

Lifeafter

Lifeafter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 29 posts
  • Faction: Deathwatch

Aren't the Blanks called pariah's in the novels? Like, Eisenhorn had one on his team that he fell in love with. It could be referring to those in Inquisition and not a new/old necron unit.  

Got a couple of couches, I sleep on the love seat.

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,798 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.

Aren't the Blanks called pariah's in the novels? Like, Eisenhorn had one on his team that he fell in love with. It could be referring to those in Inquisition and not a new/old necron unit.  

Id be more than happy with that. 

Just had a thought, were any of the primarchs pariahs? 

Edited by Slave to Darkness, 02 April 2020 - 12:29 AM.

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

Blog - Gates of Helvete

"If you mean, "Are we all going to get killed?" Yes. Clearly, Guilliman is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to the Cicatrix." Captain Blackadder

The Observer

The Observer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,385 posts
  • Faction: The Legions of Yore

Nope, and considering what we find out about the Pariah gene and attempts of broad spectrum gene-seed implantation into blanks in the seventh horus heresy blackbook, it also seems impossible for one to be a blank. It basically boils down to the issue of all primarchs being inherently psychic due to the Emperor's own genetic material passing down his inherently psychic nature - no matter how vestigial its influence and/or presence in the final genetic sequence is.
  • Slave to Darkness likes this
Instagram Handle: count.hodo

12.jpg

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,798 posts

Nope, and considering what we find out about the Pariah gene and attempts of broad spectrum gene-seed implantation into blanks in the seventh horus heresy blackbook, it also seems impossible for one to be a blank. It basically boils down to the issue of all primarchs being inherently psychic due to the Emperor's own genetic material passing down his inherently psychic nature - no matter how vestigial its influence and/or presence in the final genetic sequence is.

Okiedokie. Thought I'd ask as I gave up on the heresy series years ago. I have no idea on whats going on at all now lol

• The Observer likes this

Blog - Gates of Helvete

The Observer

The Observer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,385 posts
  • Faction: The Legions of Yore

Okiedokie. Thought I'd ask as I gave up on the heresy series years ago. I have no idea on whats going on at all now lol

Yeah I get that. Let me see if I can dig up the actual text for you and edit it in.

Edit: Here we go:

zQej8lS.png?1

Edited by The Observer, 03 April 2020 - 04:33 PM.

• templargdt, klisof and Slave to Darkness like this
Instagram Handle: count.hodo

12.jpg

jaxom

jaxom

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,891 posts
Harlequins getting a special character would make sense as they currently don’t have one. I could see Necrons getting more subfactions like Destroyer Cult, C’tan Slaves, Cryptek Somethings.
  • Noserenda, Slave to Darkness and Kervin40k like this

gallery_48988_15094_2398.png sml_gallery_48988_11572_4589.png

Past Event Banners

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users