PA: Pariah and Ephrael Stern

So, no rules preview yet (Should we assume she has the OoOML keyword?), but I presume she was planned for the Sisters right off the bat and simply left out for the sake of Psychic Awakening, which would explain why GW chose that order as their go-to cover for the sisters...

aM2_~b0G0hX_7Uy_.jpg

https://youtu.be/oYNwYo9GA7w

Edited by Spinsanity

I'm hoping she'll be available to all Orders. Whilst she was OooML, she is more of a loose cannon, who'd step in if any Order needs her help, I feel. If she is OooML, then that's a shame. We need more characters for other Orders to be honest.

I’m so torn right now. On one hand, I don't like the model at all and was thinking I’d use Canoness Veridyan as a stand-in (assuming she does have a pistol!), but on the other I have my first few boxes of sisters in the way I was planning of painting in OoEC colors, but assuming the OoOML gets yet another extra character option on top of the one they already have, I’m starting to think going with that one might be a more rewarding option... /sigh Edited by Spinsanity

I’m so torn right now. On one hand, I don't like the model at all and was thinking I’d use Canoness Verifyan as a stand-in (assuming she does have a pistol!), but on the other I have my first few boxes of sisters in the way I was planning of painting in OoEC colors, but assuming the OoOML gets yet another extra character option on top of the one they already have, I’m starting to think going with that one might be a more rewarding option... /sigh

Pretty sure Stern was a Seraphim superior, so a pistol of some kind and power sword would almost certainly be her weapons

I’m so torn right now. On one hand, I don't like the model at all and was thinking I’d use Canoness Verifyan as a stand-in (assuming she does have a pistol!), but on the other I have my first few boxes of sisters in the way I was planning of painting in OoEC colors, but assuming the OoOML gets yet another extra character option on top of the one they already have, I’m starting to think going with that one might be a more rewarding option... /sigh

Pretty sure Stern was a Seraphim superior, so a pistol of some kind and power sword would almost certainly be her weapons

That and.... You can partially see the pistol holster on her right thigh in that picture :lol:

I'm really torn on this one. I've wished, hoped and dreamed about having her thru the years but the model is a bit, well, lackluster. Maybe with a different paint job i`ll like her better. The harlequin, I don't know. The straight swords turn my off. Hopefully they are loose so I can replace them with my left over bits. I do like his pose tho, the determined look as stepping out of the webway. I'll also get rid of the face, mask only.

I'm hoping she'll be available to all Orders. Whilst she was OooML, she is more of a loose cannon, who'd step in if any Order needs her help, I feel. If she is OooML, then that's a shame. We need more characters for other Orders to be honest.

Thank the Emperor there is another model with links to the Order of Our Martyred Lady, without it people might have started to think there are other orders of sororitas with narative significance.

The model does look cool however.

Be more positive! With the WarCom article specifically saying she'll be available for any Imperium force as well as for Sisters, then it is likely her Order allegiance won't be all that big of a deal.

And for situations where you don't like the rules, she'll still make a pretty great base for conversions. Don't fret, it's far more than expected and a welcome inclusion following the absolutely fantastic update the army just received.

I never noticed the part about being able to go with any Imperium army. I'll be getting her in any case ^_^

Be more positive! With the WarCom article specifically saying she'll be available for any Imperium force as well as for Sisters, then it is likely her Order allegiance won't be all that big of a deal.

And for situations where you don't like the rules, she'll still make a pretty great base for conversions. Don't fret, it's far more than expected and a welcome inclusion following the absolutely fantastic update the army just received.

I was not making any comment about how she would work gameplay wise. Whether she screws up Convictions is not something I'm not overly worried about because GW figured out a decent enough rule with the Inquisition to not mess things like that up.

My point was that the Order of Our Martyred Lady is the the only order that seems to getting represented in the setting narrative and visuals.

That said the statement that Stern will work for any Imperial force is giving me flash backs to the end of 7th ed where St Celestine was a better choice for every other Imperial army because her rules were not particularly geared to the Sisters to much and everyone esle could support/utilise her better.

If she isn't order specific, I'll probably find a spot for her in my army. As for the harlequin....I might go find an alternate model I like and just use that instead of this dude. Not a fan of the model. Like it's probably good, but it doesn't look like it would go with anything else sisters related at all.

She was last being hunted by the Inquisition, Ahriman, and who else? It'll be interesting to see how they fit it all together and how they intend to patch things up between her and the imperium.

She's one of the few human souls to ever travel to the black library after all.

The cape is questionable and I would have prefered her with a jump pack as a Seraphim (whether she has rules for it or not) the hair makes no sense at all. How is a bob haircut supposed to pull up that way from her head?

Looking forward to the rules. Hopefully she doesnt need her own detachment....

I read the article too, but, if were talking about a bob haircut.

It would still be all cut to a length that would make meet at the bottom no matter where it started from. The longer hair being from the top of the head, the shorter hair being from the neck.

The fig looks like she has really long hair attached at the bottom of her neck flopping up at an absurd angle. Especially so with a bob haircut. Sorry, it looks absurd.

The hair makes no sense at all. How is a bob haircut supposed to pull up that way from her head?

She no longer has that haircut. Instead of the classic Sister's style she now has her hair pulled back in a loose ponytail, with some loose strands on the right side.

Exactly how loose is the ponytail? All that hair seems to be flying up from the base of her neck on her right side with nothing gathering it at all in to any form if ponytail.

It looks nothing like a bob or ponytail.

Edited by Aqui
No need for the crudity.

Exactly how loose is the ponytail? All that hair seems to be flying up from the base of her neck on her right side with nothing gathering it at all in to any form if ponytail.

It looks nothing like a bob or ponytail.

I don't know what to tell you other than to take  a closer look or wait till the model is out (and I guess once its out I can see if I'm right or wrong).

Edited by jakerichmond

I was not making any comment about how she would work gameplay wise. Whether she screws up Convictions is not something I'm not overly worried about because GW figured out a decent enough rule with the Inquisition to not mess things like that up.

My point was that the Order of Our Martyred Lady is the the only order that seems to getting represented in the setting narrative and visuals.

That said the statement that Stern will work for any Imperial force is giving me flash backs to the end of 7th ed where St Celestine was a better choice for every other Imperial army because her rules were not particularly geared to the Sisters to much and everyone esle could support/utilise her better.

Celestine only had Triumvirate rules at the end of 7th ed, where the rules were based on the narrative but the narrative was based off being able to package single character models in a corporate release schedule no longer suited to that sort of thing. The point of the Triumvirate rules was that people didn't need the correct Imperial subfaction to play defence of Cadia games and have the defence of Cadia cast (isn't it sad Creed).

Celestine is back to being a Sisters character, Cawl is an actual admech character (when first introduced he was good in every imperial army and now he's literally useless) while Greyfax remains an ally character as suits an Inquisitor. So there's nothing anti-Sisters about putting a new unit in Triumvirate Celestine's slot, not when there's enough Martyred Lady characters anyway.

Narratively Ephrael Stern's faction association is closer to Cypher than anyone else so she shouldn't be a Sisters character any more than he's a Dark Angels character.

Edited by Closet Skeleton

as excited as I was to see ephreal stern make a return, the sculpt is a serious disappointment.   For starters, it doesn't really resemble the character at all.  Has the artist who developed it never looked through the comic series.   She was a seraphim, she was always spotted with her jump pack.  She also never had a cape.  She was a fighter first and foremost, and almost no sisters wear a cape, cloak or shawl, except those in robes, or maybe the occasional canoness.   The cape was added to help with her downward movement and honestly its poorly executed.  The hair, i mean the hair is just awful. I undestand it is suppose to be going up because she is falling down, but again, no jump pack, so why was she in the air.  The scenery doesn't help with the narrative.   Then there is the fact that she now comes paired with a harlequin character, who also in most of the comics wore a mask.   His pose doesn't match hers at all, so the story between the two figures doesn't line up.  I understand as a character he was always more serene in temperance, but the set as a pair they don't match up, and because of the bases also not matching up, it will be harder to put them both in the same army.    On the whole this model is poorly executed, and one could easily take her sword and build a better looking and more suited model with the rest of the line to fit the character.   The artist took his own jab at the model, tried to make her look powerful and failed at the same time as not making the model actually look like the character.   I mean he has reference images which is the sadder part.   

images-34.jpg

Found this this morning. I now see what they were trying to achieve. But with all the other reference material why this one?

Perhaps she will come with an option to put a jump pack....er...well we can hope.

Edited by Dread

as excited as I was to see ephreal stern make a return, the sculpt is a serious disappointment.   For starters, it doesn't really resemble the character at all.  Has the artist who developed it never looked through the comic series.   She was a seraphim, she was always spotted with her jump pack.  She also never had a cape.  She was a fighter first and foremost, and almost no sisters wear a cape, cloak or shawl, except those in robes, or maybe the occasional canoness.   The cape was added to help with her downward movement and honestly its poorly executed.  The hair, i mean the hair is just awful. I undestand it is suppose to be going up because she is falling down, but again, no jump pack, so why was she in the air.  The scenery doesn't help with the narrative.   Then there is the fact that she now comes paired with a harlequin character, who also in most of the comics wore a mask.   His pose doesn't match hers at all, so the story between the two figures doesn't line up.  I understand as a character he was always more serene in temperance, but the set as a pair they don't match up, and because of the bases also not matching up, it will be harder to put them both in the same army.    On the whole this model is poorly executed, and one could easily take her sword and build a better looking and more suited model with the rest of the line to fit the character.   The artist took his own jab at the model, tried to make her look powerful and failed at the same time as not making the model actually look like the character.   I mean he has reference images which is the sadder part.   

It is not a cape.. it is her robes.

It is coming from her waist, not her shoulders.

The length from her waist to her feet is longer than the length from her waist to her head, which is why the dress is above her head in that pose.

As you can see in the picture below the lower part of this model's robe is blowing in the wind.

Now try to imagine her jumping off of something and her dress flying up in totally family friendly, no censorship required way.

99070108006_SoBImagifierLead.jpg

And you can see a better visual of the exaggerated effect here.

If I was going to build a cosplay for my wife, I would probably start with a dress like that for the robes, and then follow the armor tutorials.