Crypteks' Conclave 2020

med_gallery_48988_16228_49056.png

Welcome, distinguished members of the Necrontyr scientific community, to this scientific summit! Over the next one-twelfth of this planet's revolution, we look forward to seeing your most nightmarish, your most insane, your most inspired creations and war machines.
Please, take advantage of the full facilities available here, and if you get a chance please convey your thanks to the Naculan Chief Cryptek who has allowed us the use of this facility. Now, off you trot, let's see what you've got for us!

Welcome, everyone, to the first (hopefully) annual Crypteks' Conclave, a new event where you, distinguished Phaerons, get to display your creativity and show off your best conversion work over the next month.
For the purpose of this challenge, we'll be defining a conversion as any model that has:
-greenstuff, that is intended to alter the shape or form of the model
-bits from another kit (dual kits, i.e. Lychguard/praetorians and Immortals/Deathmarks, and if it comes up warriors/scarabs, will be handled on a case by case basis if you combine bits from the kit but not any others)
-3rd party bits
-3d printed parts, or any other material that would normally not be found in a GW model/unit

The goal of the event is to convert a model, either from the necron faction, outside of it, or certain Age of Sigmar models, to a model or unit with rules in the Necron codex (or applicable gaming system like Kill Team), though if you'd just like to have fun and build a single tomb blade, for instance, that's perfectly OK! So long as you've got a model to the conversion standard you'd like by the time the competition is over, you win yourself a completion badge.

The competition will run for a month, starting April 7th, and ending May 7th. The ending time will be midnight GMT, if it comes down to that.

To enter, you may make a vow in the following format, though so long as it contains the relevant information you may make a vow in whatever format you prefer.

I, <name>, promise to submit to the Crypteks' Conclave my creation of <model you'll be entering> for review before the Conclave dismisses.
You may vow multiple models, and if you complete one vow you may make another vow. Failing the second vow will not render you ineligible for the completion badge for your first vow.

The following badges will be up for grabs:

Completion: Warrant of Technosorcery

Including bits from other armies: Xenospecies Experimenter

Finishing a vow within 24 hours of declaring it, or 24 hours before the time expires: Time is of No Consequence

gallery_48988_16228_15684.pnggallery_48988_16228_1694.pnggallery_48988_16228_23879.png

Participation list:

Midlight: Illuminor Szeras

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch: Ghost Ark

Edited by Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

This sounds fun!! I've seen a conversion for Flayed Ones using Sylvaneth bits that seemed pretty interesting..... and I have Sylvaneth bits here. :devil:

Well, I certainly encourage you to hop in! I look forward to your vow!

I have one that I've been thinking of for a while. So, it seems I'm going first.

I, Midlight, promise to submit to the Crypteks' Conclave my creation of  Illuminor Szeras for review before the Conclave dismisses.

Well, first out the gate isn't so bad! Illuminor Szeras is one of those units ripe with potential for conversion. Vow recorded, brother. :tu:

As for my own part:

I, Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch, and sponsor of this conclave, promise to submit on behalf of my own technomancers to the Conclave for review my creation of a Ghost Ark, built from the bones of an Adeptus Mechanicus Skorpius Dunerider, before the Conclave dismisses. 

Progress update. I have made most of the body, mainly using bits from the cryptek with canoptek cloak.

Needs a little greenstuff work to tidy up some edges and the such. Next item on the list is the face. I may be looking through my mechanicus spares for some of the more heavily augmented faces, I want something with lots of occular devices.

I, Mechanicus_Adept, promise to submit to the Crypteks' Conclave my creation of 2x heretics with flamers (KT)for review before the Conclave dismisses.

I, Mechanicus_Adept, promise to submit to the Crypteks' Conclave my creation of 3x heretic astartes (KT)for review before the Conclave dismisses.

this is the start of new kill team i want to finish by end of summer. I am no expert, but i like my result.

edit:

Hidden Content

gallery_51734_16343_531164.jpg

gallery_51734_16343_381971.jpg

Edited by Mechanicus_Adept

Progress update. I have made most of the body, mainly using bits from the cryptek with canoptek cloak.

Needs a little greenstuff work to tidy up some edges and the such. Next item on the list is the face. I may be looking through my mechanicus spares for some of the more heavily augmented faces, I want something with lots of occular devices.

Progress is progress! Cloaktek is a good place to source bits. 

I, Mechanicus_Adept, promise to submit to the Crypteks' Conclave my creation of 2x heretics with flamers (KT)for review before the Conclave dismisses.

I, Mechanicus_Adept, promise to submit to the Crypteks' Conclave my creation of 3x heretic astartes (KT)for review before the Conclave dismisses.

i will be posting pictures here later

Now you've got me extra curious with promises of heretic astartes. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Yea, my first though at seeing Szeras after ‘holy :cuss that’s amazing’ is ‘aw crap, my conversion’s done, ain’t it?’

In any case, a conversion is still a conversion, so whenever you feel up to it (as always, RL and your health comes first), you can get back to creating.

Well, I got a little more work done on Szeras this weekend. I'm now happy with his main body. Unfortunately none of my mechanicus heads really fit with the look I was going for, so I've gone with one of the spares I have from a lychguard squad.

I have sorted out one of his arms, his main weapon arm, looks pretty good to me. Just the other arms to sort out and he'll be good to go.

I, Dallo, promise to submit to the Crypteks' Conclave my creation of a Necron Lord for review before the Conclave dismisses.

A while back I bought a friend out of the hobby and he had a pile of Necrons. I think it’s about time I used some of them.

Dallo

Hi folks,

Looks like I've missed out on the Completion in 24 hours badge by a few minutes. For what it's worth, it was completed in less than 24 hours, but the photos and upload took a little longer. :blush.:

Here is my converted Necron Lord.

PgTRZM1l.jpg

USE7s0xl.jpg

moZWqwYl.jpg

7kgkowDl.jpg

C&C Welcome.

Dallo

I, Dallo, promise to submit to the Crypteks' Conclave my creation of a Necron Lord for review before the Conclave dismisses.

A while back I bought a friend out of the hobby and he had a pile of Necrons. I think it’s about time I used some of them.

Dallo

Hi folks,

Looks like I've missed out on the Completion in 24 hours badge by a few minutes. For what it's worth, it was completed in less than 24 hours, but the photos and upload took a little longer. :blush.:

Here is my converted Necron Lord.

[snip]

C&C Welcome.

Dallo

*whistles slightly* I don't know what you mean, more than 24 hours. Forum fudge time is more'n 20 minutes, right? (plus, I think we're all familiar with the struggle and stress of getting a good picture.)

Looks very good, I like the casual pose he's got with the sword over one shoulder.

What kit is the metal arm from?

I, Badgers, pledge to submit to the Crypteks' Conclave my creation of a Flayed One for review before the Conclave dismisses.

I've kept putting signing up off, but no more. I'll try and get the Flayed One done as soon as I can. :happy.:

Edited by BadgersinHills

So, we have come to the end of the first Crypteks' Conclave! Five board members entered the challenge, and four of them walked away with a badge to show for their effort.

The Conclave is proud to award Warrants of Technosorcery to BadgersinHills, Brother Dallo, Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch, and Midlight.

gallery_48988_16228_15684.png

The Conclave would like to especially mention Brother Dallo, Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch, and BadgersinHills for looking outside their own domains to source materials for their projects.

gallery_48988_16228_1694.png

Of note is Brother Dallo, for whom Time was truly No Consequence.

gallery_48988_16228_23879.png

As a whole, the Board considers this to have been a successful Conclave, and would like to award the title of Master of the Conclave to Brother Dallo for submitting multiple entries, and passing all the challenges set forth by this Board. (There will be an additional badge which you may wear in your sig, once I get it made :sweat: )

Thank you to everyone who participated! Now then, off you trot. I hope to see you all next year, but in the meantime, I think Grotsmasha's Lockdown Painting Competition might be an excellent way to get your new creations painted....:wink: :wink: