Space Wolves Showcase: Troops

PeteySödes

gallery_2327_15075_2353.jpg

- TROOPS -

Gather around warriors of Fenris and observe your battle brothers with whom you lock shields against the enemies of the Allfather. Look upon the brave sons of Russ be they Intercessor, Grey Hunter, or Blood Claw and be proud! For it is they who fight in the thick and form the mighty battlelines of the 6th. They whose sagas may just be beginning or whose deeds are known to many. Raise a horn and drink in celebration of the backbone of the Space Wolves...

As we enter this new stage of our glorious chapter, post your troops squads and inspire the new blood or push the old to greater deeds!

Grey Hunters - Blood Claws - Intercessors - Infiltrators - Incursors

Here are a couple of squads of Intercessors I made using the Dark Imperium models and wolfed up the pack leaders with a few bits from my bitz box. Pretty simple but I am pleased with the way they turned out. I am planning to do a couple of veteran packs with auto bolt rifles and thunder hammers next.

med_gallery_82363_15236_117277.jpg

med_gallery_82363_15236_609763.jpg

Great idea Petey!

Lovely models on show here. Let's make Russ proud.

I've got some Blackmanes (how original right?).

Here are some grey hunters led by a Wolf Guard Terminator (love leading the squads with Termies when I can, it's so characterful).

img_20200406_224740.jpg

Another squad of Grey Hunters led by a Termie, while taking the photos I realised I had 3 painted troop units, if you ignore the sneaky 5th edition Wulfen (at your peril).

img_20200406_225202.jpg

And now the blood claws, all these units were made to fit in drop pods (back when you could put Termies in pods).

img_20200406_225023.jpg?w=1024

Sadly, all I have to contribute right now is a partial pack of Drakeslayers Blood Claws led by a Wolf Guard Pack Leader - unfortunately they are still missing their basing, Great Company marking, and a decent photo backdrop:

med_gallery_59244_10222_178100.jpg

(Should be able to click the picture to view a larger image)

I am building a couple of Intercessor Pack Leaders with Thunder hammers. The Thunder Hammer hands came from the Wolf Guard TDA sprue. The slightly larger hands on TDA don't look out of place on Primaris infantry fortunately. One arm is the point hand, the other is the hand that holds the combat knife (which I din't use since Intercessors can't take them anyway :rolleyes: ).

med_gallery_82363_15236_123657.jpg

Here they are on the corresponding bodies.

med_gallery_82363_15236_403476.jpg

Some really lovely Intercessors on here!

I put my troops pics up on twitter and someone (@ArtistsEmpire) tagged me with this pic back! I thought it was really cool so thought I would share it with my brothers here.

img_20200409_131721.jpg?w=1024

Some really lovely Intercessors on here!

I put my troops pics up on twitter and someone (@ArtistsEmpire) tagged me with this pic back! I thought it was really cool so thought I would share it with my brothers here.

img_20200409_131721.jpg?w=1024

Hot damn!

You win the internet today

Hmmm... Maybe this should get pinned as well ?

These showcase threads are documented here as they are created:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/282447-space-wolves-resources/

It will will be focused again when we feature another troop unit in the UotW. Until then keep posting your troops! :thumbsup:

Jus saw this, great Idea, lots of Inspiration allready, thx Guys. Love what I am seeing, sadly ran out of Likes. Just finished my first Grey Hunter Squad, chuffed that I can participate for once. Wished I had better Pics:

( A cheeky Long Fang sneaked into those Shots)

sbUn7dt.jpg?1

jgLgEZl.jpg?1

YSL0QCc.jpg

Finished the Pack Leader today, missing some Decals

Edited by Oshikai

Hmmm... Maybe this should get pinned as well ?

These showcase threads are documented here as they are created:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/282447-space-wolves-resources/

It will will be focused again when we feature another troop unit in the UotW. Until then keep posting your troops! :thumbsup:

Ah, I see. I have to admit I was worried a bit this would descend into obscurity before I finish my first troops squad

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...