Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Thinking about starting a Genestealers Cult Army

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Gamerzsatx

Gamerzsatx

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 11 posts

I am looking at starting a Xenos army and looking either Tyranids or Genestealer Cults.  What are you thoughts on starting with this as a base?  What else would I need to field a solid 1500 and 2000 pt list?

10 neophyte hybrids 2 of them have special weapons, 1 has an icon and the squad leader has a power mace and Webber pistol

5 abberants
10 acolyte Hybrids 2 with the lashwhip and sword, 4 with special weapons, 1 with a banner
11 brood brothers 1 with a flamer, 1 with a grenade launcher, 1 heavy weapons team with a lascannon
1 magus (primed)
1 brood lord (painted) with 2 familiars
1 iconward
1 abominant 
24 purestrain genestealers 
1 Goliath rock grinder 
1 leman Russ battle tank with 2 plasma cannon sponsons and a lascannon 
1 Primus (painted)

Thanks the input..

Debauchery101

Debauchery101

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,119 posts

I am looking at starting a Xenos army and looking either Tyranids or Genestealer Cults. What are you thoughts on starting with this as a base? What else would I need to field a solid 1500 and 2000 pt list?

10 neophyte hybrids 2 of them have special weapons, 1 has an icon and the squad leader has a power mace and Webber pistol
5 abberants
10 acolyte Hybrids 2 with the lashwhip and sword, 4 with special weapons, 1 with a banner
11 brood brothers 1 with a flamer, 1 with a grenade launcher, 1 heavy weapons team with a lascannon
1 magus (primed)
1 brood lord (painted) with 2 familiars
1 iconward
1 abominant
24 purestrain genestealers
1 Goliath rock grinder
1 leman Russ battle tank with 2 plasma cannon sponsons and a lascannon
1 Primus (painted)

Thanks the input..

I would suggest taking an actual Astra militarum battalion. You can take a tank ace, some cheap psykers artillery and nifty stuff like a hades breacher drill vet squad.

They don't get <cult> tag or regiment doctrines but they get better ld. I play them a little bit..I'm not the GSC expert..though my buddy takes 2 tank aces, 1 or 2 basilisk, Cheap troops and 2 or 3 hades drill vets with a couple plasma guns. That drill is actually a pretty tanky unit in hth .The rest of his army is mostly genestealers, broodlord and buffing characters along with tax units
The Pleasure God's Chosen

Emperor's Children (RIP) 2500 pts
Death Guard 3500 pts
Iron Warriors 3000 pts
Enslaved Traitor Guardsmen 1500 pts
Daemons 4000 pts
Salamanders 3000 pts
Necrons 2000 pts

crownedzoidberg

crownedzoidberg

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20 posts

Really depends on what you want to do and what models you like.

If these are the models you already have and want to play - go for GSC.

All that matters is that you got enough models/wounds on the table. If you want to play Tyranids or Genestealer Cult effective, you will have to go hard on horde and use the model count as an advantage to secue objectives. Your opponent won't be able to clean the board and compete on objectives in time.

This means tons of Terma-Horma-gants for Nids, Neophytes and Acolytes for Cult. If you like Purestrain Genestealers, you will probably have to go for Nids, just because there's kraken for extra mobilty. Sadly Genestealers don't get much beneficial synergies in Genestealer Cult.

GSC are one of the hardest armies to start 40k, but it might be rewarding to fight against the odds and prove the statistics wrong.

Edited by crownedzoidberg, 29 September 2020 - 12:35 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users