Acceptable "Looted" Battlewagon Sizes?

Lord_Caerolion

I'm currently converting up a looted Battlewagon from a Plagueburst Crawler I received from the Warhammer Conquest magazine, but I've realized that it's possibly a bit too short. From what I can see, it seems to be just a bit longer than a Rhino chassis. I'm planning to attach a "trailer" style extension to the back of it, to make it a bit longer. 

How strict is the delineation between a trukk and a battlewagon? I'll also be having a zap-gun/killkannon on top, so it'll obviously have non-trukk weaponry. 

The Battlewagon kit, built with the plow as-is out of the box, is 7" long without the deffrolla. It's not that large of a vehicle. The biggest concern would be possibly with the height of the Plagueburst Battlewagon, not it's length.

Also: It's a looted Ork vehicle. Sizes are irrelevant unless they're wildly out of scale :lol:

And to answer about the Trukk: Built out of the kit, the Trukk is about 6" long.

I'll be adding a platform on top of the Crawler with a mixed-parts Mek Gun to count as the Zagzap, so height shouldn't really be an issue.

EDIT: Just did some really rough measurements, the end result should be about 5" tall including the cannon (about 3" or so without), and definitely gonna be around 7-8" in length once the extension is added. 

Will also have two smaller arms from the Deff Dread coming off the "sponsons" that won't be able to reach around the dozer blade, but when has that ever stopped Orks from adding choppyness to stuff?

Edited by Lord_Caerolion

I am using a land raider with a some kind of big turret and cannon on top. Slightly taller than a battlewagon, slightly shorter, but an inch or two wider. You are playing orks, having it in the ballpark is acceptable. A big part of playing orks is converting vehicles to make them orkky and most people would rather see an imaginatively converted vehicle than something set to exact specs. I would not try to use a warbuggy as a battle wagon. but keep it in the ballpark.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, the conversion has come out better than expected. I'll try to get some photos up later.

EDIT: Just some finishing touches, really. Putting a few glyph plates scattered around, and thinking of adding some chainswords jury-rigged to the dozer blade, to count as a deff-rolla.

Edited by Lord_Caerolion