Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2K Mechanized BA

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Sugarlessllama

Sugarlessllama

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 483 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Consuls
When it comes to Blood Angels, I'm longtime fan, first timer player. But my UM successor chapter is at a great stopping point, and I want to paint red for the foreseeable future.

The idea behind this roster is to incorporate a bunch of these new models, (cuz I think they're awesome!) And units that are unique to the sons of sanguinius.

I would love to hear your thoughts.

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Blood Angels) [110 PL, 1,975pts, 7CP] ++

+ Configuration +

**CHAPTER**: Blood Angels

Battle-forged CP [3CP]

Detachment CP [5CP]

+ Stratagems +

Armoury of Baal [-1CP]: 1 Additional Relic

+ HQ +

Captain [6 PL, 143pts]: 2. Artisan of War, Jump Pack, Storm shield, The Angel's Wing (replaces jump pack), Thunder hammer, Warlord

Librarian Dreadnought [9 PL, 142pts]: 1. Quickening, 6. Wings of Sanguinus, Biomantic Sarcophagus, Furioso fist, Storm bolter

Sanguinary Priest [4 PL, 70pts]: Bolt pistol, Chainsword, Jump Pack

+ Troops +

Intercessor Squad [10 PL, 172pts]: 2x Auxiliary grenade launcher, Bolt rifle, Intercessor Sergeant
. 9x Intercessor: 9x Bolt pistol, 9x Frag & Krak grenades

Intercessor Squad [10 PL, 172pts]: 2x Auxiliary grenade launcher, Bolt rifle, Intercessor Sergeant
. 9x Intercessor: 9x Bolt pistol, 9x Frag & Krak grenades

Scout Squad [4 PL, 55pts]
. Scout: Boltgun
. Scout Sergeant: Bolt pistol, Boltgun

+ Elites +

Aggressor Squad [6 PL, 105pts]
. 2x Aggressor: 2x Flamestorm gauntlets
. Aggressor Sergeant: Flamestorm gauntlets

Sanguinary Ancient [6 PL, 63pts]: Angelus boltgun, Encarmine sword

Sanguinary Guard [8 PL, 112pts]
. Sanguinary Guard: Angelus boltgun, Encarmine sword

+ Heavy Support +

Repulsor Executioner [15 PL, 323pts]: 2x Fragstorm grenade launcher, Heavy Laser Destroyer, Heavy onslaught gatling cannon, 2x Storm bolter, Twin heavy bolter, Twin Icarus Ironhail Heavy Stubber

+ Dedicated Transport +

Repulsor [16 PL, 309pts]: Auto launchers, Heavy onslaught gatling cannon, Icarus ironhail heavy stubber, Ironhail heavy stubber, 2x Krakstorm grenade launcher, Twin lascannon
. Two storm bolters: 2x Storm bolter

Repulsor [16 PL, 309pts]: Auto launchers, Heavy onslaught gatling cannon, Icarus ironhail heavy stubber, Ironhail heavy stubber, 2x Krakstorm grenade launcher, Twin lascannon

++ Total: [110 PL, 7CP, 1,975pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe (https://battlescribe.net)

Work hard. Be kind.

Zon

Zon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 67 posts

Given your priority is rule of cool over competitiveness, it looks fun and decently solid. I do have a few suggestions, but they're mainly based on my experiences with more competitively-focused lists. I also don't have my book on me, so I don't know how the points will exactly work out.

- Don't bother making smash your warlord, he'll probably die every game. Use the hero stratagem to give him Artisan without having to auto-sacrifice Slay the warlord.

- I think chaplains are just too good to pass up right now, even for a casual list. They provide a ton of support for a lot of units, and turn your 10-man intercessor squads from respectable to horrifying when combined with Red thirst

- Bolter aggressors tend to be more efficient in most scenarios, but hell, if you think the flamers look cooler, forget about this one

- I'm not sure if 4 sang guard + ancient is enough to be a real threat, especially without dedicated support characters (chaplain, relic banner on the ancient). Not sure what you're willing to tweak in terms of dropping units, but if you can find points, more goldenboys would be a good investment. Also, general consensus is that fists are better than swords (though the swords look way more badass)

- Unchanged, you've actually already got the units to run a battalion and a vanguard/spearhead. 1 extra CP isn't a huge deal, but why pass up on it if you've already got what you need? As a bit of an add-on, you can probably easily find points for another scout squad + chaplain per the earlier suggeston, and run two battalions by splitting up the Intercessors. You can still put two squads of 5 in each Repulsor, so it'd really only be an organizational change. Again, this depends on how much change you're willing to make to the units you've chosen, since you'd have to find something to drop

Just my two cents. Always happy to see a new brother join the vampire boys

• Sugarlessllama likes this

we_badge_skullchaos.png Formerly Skullchaos with the fun little lambda

Jolemai

Jolemai

++ CERDONIS CÆDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,487 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
Moved to the BA army list subforum

gallery_62972_14467_5178.jpggallery_62972_14467_1351.jpggallery_48988_15094_4929.pnggallery_62972_14467_2702.jpggallery_48988_15094_2403.pnggallery_62972_14467_4151.jpggallery_62972_14467_3390.jpg

Blogs Blood Angels | Veritas Vitae | Battle Reports | Terrain | IXth Legion | Miscellaneous Imperials
1000 Scout list W:0 D:0 L:0
1250 Death Company List (jump) W:0 D:0 L:0
1500 Light Mech List W:0 D:0 L:2 Dreadnought List W:2 D:0 L:1
1750 Hybrid List W:0 D:0 L:0
1850 Death Company List (mech) W:0 D:0 L:0
2000 Heavy Mech List W:0 D:0 L:1 Two Towers List W:0 D:0 L:0
Apocalypse W:1 D:0 L:0 | Heresy 2500 Mechanised IXth W:2 D:1 L:0

BluejayJunior

BluejayJunior

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 763 posts

Looks like a fun list! Only real suggestion I have would be to drop the Intercessors down to 5 and use those points to add more Sanguinary Guard for a bigger melee threat. Although 10-man Intercessors squads can deal out some hurt once in the Assault Doctine. 

• Sugarlessllama likes this

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_48988_15465_18311.pnggallery_48988_15465_10130.png

Sugarlessllama

Sugarlessllama

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 483 posts

Given your priority is rule of cool over competitiveness, it looks fun and decently solid. I do have a few suggestions, but they're mainly based on my experiences with more competitively-focused lists. I also don't have my book on me, so I don't know how the points will exactly work out.

- Don't bother making smash your warlord, he'll probably die every game. Use the hero stratagem to give him Artisan without having to auto-sacrifice Slay the warlord.

- I think chaplains are just too good to pass up right now, even for a casual list. They provide a ton of support for a lot of units, and turn your 10-man intercessor squads from respectable to horrifying when combined with Red thirst

- Bolter aggressors tend to be more efficient in most scenarios, but hell, if you think the flamers look cooler, forget about this one

- I'm not sure if 4 sang guard + ancient is enough to be a real threat, especially without dedicated support characters (chaplain, relic banner on the ancient). Not sure what you're willing to tweak in terms of dropping units, but if you can find points, more goldenboys would be a good investment. Also, general consensus is that fists are better than swords (though the swords look way more badass)

- Unchanged, you've actually already got the units to run a battalion and a vanguard/spearhead. 1 extra CP isn't a huge deal, but why pass up on it if you've already got what you need? As a bit of an add-on, you can probably easily find points for another scout squad + chaplain per the earlier suggeston, and run two battalions by splitting up the Intercessors. You can still put two squads of 5 in each Repulsor, so it'd really only be an organizational change. Again, this depends on how much change you're willing to make to the units you've chosen, since you'd have to find something to drop

Just my two cents. Always happy to see a new brother join the vampire boys

Wow! Thank you for all the input. biggrin.png

I think you're right about making another HQ my warlord. Perhaps my Libby Dread? But should I take a chaplain in lieu of a sang priest? I don't know big of a deal the +1 STR is going to be in melee with all of the other buffs flying around. 

Would it be better to drop the Sanguinary Guard (while keeping the Sanguinary Ancient), and replacing them with 15 DC with Jump Packs? It would keep with the idea of having BA specific units, and I have a neat idea of how to paint my DC (Bone colored armor FTW!). And if I do replace them with DC, would it be better to have multiple small units, or one large blob?

Edited by Sugarlessllama, 09 April 2020 - 11:58 PM.

Work hard. Be kind.

BluejayJunior

BluejayJunior

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 763 posts

Either way. Death Company and Sanguinary Guard have slightly different roles. DC are great for clearing chaff. SG are better at killing more elite units. I would go with 1-2 units of DC. The Forlorn Fury stratagem can give them a huge movement boost on the first turn, but only affects one unit. If you have 2 units, you'll want to start one on the board and the second in deepstrike to drop with the 3d6 charge stratagem. 

That bone colored DC paint scheme sounds awesome. 

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_48988_15465_18311.pnggallery_48988_15465_10130.png

Sugarlessllama

Sugarlessllama

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 483 posts
So this is version 2.0

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Blood Angels) [115 PL, 2,000pts, 6CP] ++

- Configuration +

Battle-forged CP [3CP]

Detachment CP [5CP]

- Stratagems +

- HQ +

Captain [6 PL, 143pts, -1CP]: 2. Artisan of War, Hero of The Chapter, Jump Pack, Storm shield, The Angel's Wing (replaces jump pack), Thunder hammer

Chaplain [6 PL, 90pts]: 3. Exhortation of Rage, Bolt pistol, Invocation of Destruction, Jump Pack

Librarian Dreadnought [9 PL, 142pts]: 1. Quickening, 1. Speed of the Primarch, 6. Wings of Sanguinus, Biomantic Sarcophagus, Furioso fist, Storm bolter, Warlord

- Troops +

Infiltrator Squad [5 PL, 120pts]: Infiltrator Helix Adept, Infiltrator Sergeant
. 3x Infilltrator: 3x Bolt pistol, 3x Frag & Krak grenades, 3x Marksman bolt carbine, 3x Smoke Grenades

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 86pts]: Auxiliary grenade launcher, Bolt rifle, Intercessor Sergeant
. 4x Intercessor: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 86pts]: Auxiliary grenade launcher, Bolt rifle, Intercessor Sergeant

- Elites +

Sanguinary Ancient [6 PL, 63pts]: Angelus boltgun, Encarmine sword

Sanguinary Guard [20 PL, 224pts]

- Heavy Support +

Repulsor Executioner [15 PL, 323pts]: 2x Fragstorm grenade launcher, Heavy Laser Destroyer, Heavy onslaught gatling cannon, 2x Storm bolter, Twin heavy bolter, Twin Icarus Ironhail Heavy Stubber

- Dedicated Transport +

++ Total: [115 PL, 6CP, 2,000pts] ++

I do like this version better, since I can now squeeze in some infiltrators instead of scouts.

I made the dread my warlord, and I'll likely spin the Chaplain off into his own detachment with support. I'll just have to mess around with how to organize everything.

Work hard. Be kind.

Zon

Zon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 67 posts

Definitely looks more optimized. While bone DC sound awesome, the rest of your list has plenty of chaff-clearing capability, so I think sticking with sang guard is the right choice.

As a few final suggestions, I think you'd be better served by the relic banner on the ancient instead of the sarcophagus. Quickening and wings are self-targeted powers so they don't get any value out of the added range effect, whereas the wound rerolls from banner are great for sang guard. You might as well make the ancient the Warlord as well, which basically ensures Heirs of Azkaellon for the guard for full rerolls in combat combined with the banner (since the ancient will pretty much always be around them). You can also throw Soulwarden on him, which would help compensate for dropping sarcophagus if you so choose.

Cheers

we_badge_skullchaos.png Formerly Skullchaos with the fun little lambda

DistractionTacMarine

DistractionTacMarine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 52 posts
A few suggestions from your second list:

- Make the Sanguinary Ancient your warlord - the trait can be whatever you like, but I like to run Soulwarden on the Ancient if I’m trying to go against backline that might have a psyker. This will give your Guard hit rerolls when close to him.
- I would find 4 points somewhere in your list and give half of your Sang Guard fists. That lets them very efficiently deal with armor as well as heavy infantry, and the -1 to hit is compensated by the warlord rerolls.
- Move 1 HQ and all of your Elites into a Vanguard detachment for the extra CP - purely organizational and you’ll get more utility.
- Personally I’m not sold on Infiltrators for the points. You could drop down to another squad of Intercessors and save enough points to upgrade your sergeants’ melee weapons as well as kitting out the Sang Guard with some fists.
- A regular Chaplain is fine, but for 15 more points you can get Astorath, who knows four litanies (two automatic and two that you choose) and can recite two in each turn. Plus he’s tremendous in close combat.

Here’s how I would build the list:

Battalion:
- Smash Captain - 143 pts + 2CP
- Astorath - 105 pts (Canticle of Hate, Recitation of Focus, Litany of Hate, Litany of Destruction)

- 5 Intercessors, bolt rifles and grenade launchers - 86 pts

- Repulsor Executioner - 323 pts
- Repulsor - 309 pts
- Repulsor - 309 pts

Vanguard

- Librarian Dreadnought - 142 pts (Wings, Quickening)

- 3 Flame Aggressors - 105 pts
- Sanguinary Ancient - 65 pts (Warlord [Soulwarden], Standard of Sacrifice, Death Mask, Encarmine sword)
- 8 Sanguinary Guard - 228 pts (4 fists, 4 swords)

That’ll start you with 6 CP (3 + 5 + 1 - 2 - 1), and adds up to 1987 points, so you can do whatever with the other 13 points makes sense.

Another suggestion may be to add Mephiston in place of the Dreadnought. He’s a straight upgrade IMO - better weapon skill, a 5+++, a better psyker, an arguably better gun, and more attacks. He costs 2 points more.

Astorath in this list is a force multiplier for shooting and melee. Start him on the board near your executioner and have him put Focus on it for a 2+ BS. When you bring in your Guard, use Upon Wings of Fire to get him close to them and give them +2 to charge and hit rerolls in melee (you get this from the warlord as well, but Astorath’s Litany ability for it is better than the Heirs rule due to its wording).

Edited by DistractionTacMarine, 10 April 2020 - 06:30 PM.

DistractionTacMarine

DistractionTacMarine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 52 posts
Another thought: if you swap all your troops for knife Scouts, you’d get an extra 93 points. Take away the DeathMask I gave to your Ancient and you have enough points for another MSU of flame Aggressors.

Sugarlessllama

Sugarlessllama

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 483 posts

A few suggestions from your second list:

- Make the Sanguinary Ancient your warlord - the trait can be whatever you like, but I like to run Soulwarden on the Ancient if I’m trying to go against backline that might have a psyker. This will give your Guard hit rerolls when close to him.
- I would find 4 points somewhere in your list and give half of your Sang Guard fists. That lets them very efficiently deal with armor as well as heavy infantry, and the -1 to hit is compensated by the warlord rerolls.
- Move 1 HQ and all of your Elites into a Vanguard detachment for the extra CP - purely organizational and you’ll get more utility.
- Personally I’m not sold on Infiltrators for the points. You could drop down to another squad of Intercessors and save enough points to upgrade your sergeants’ melee weapons as well as kitting out the Sang Guard with some fists.
- A regular Chaplain is fine, but for 15 more points you can get Astorath, who knows four litanies (two automatic and two that you choose) and can recite two in each turn. Plus he’s tremendous in close combat.

Thank you for your input. I really like your suggestions. For the time being, I think I am going to stay away from named Characters. While I like some of the models, I have never really liked running them. I don't know, maybe I played Warmachine too long and still revel in being able to customize my characters. 

I think you might be right about the Infiltrators. However, I really like the models and I already have a squad painted up. So I think I am going to run them for a bit to see if I like them. If not, then I think I will switch them out for some regular scouts. The idea behind having them in the list, is that they would give me the option to snag a far flung objective, while the two squads of Intercessors secure other objectives with their supporting Repulsor. The Sanguinary Guard is going to be the hammer along with the smash Captain and Chaplain. The Dread and Agressors would hopefully be the anvil. 

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Blood Angels) [77 PL, 1,518pts, 6CP] ++

- Configuration +

Battle-forged CP [3CP]

Detachment CP [5CP]

- Stratagems +

- HQ +

Captain [6 PL, 143pts, -1CP]: 2. Artisan of War, Hero of The Chapter, Jump Pack, Storm shield, The Angel's Wing (replaces jump pack), Thunder hammer

Librarian Dreadnought [9 PL, 142pts]: 1. Quickening, 3. Soulwarden, 6. Wings of Sanguinus, Furioso fist, Storm bolter, Warlord

- Troops +

Infiltrator Squad [5 PL, 120pts]: Infiltrator Helix Adept, Infiltrator Sergeant
. 3x Infilltrator: 3x Bolt pistol, 3x Frag & Krak grenades, 3x Marksman bolt carbine, 3x Smoke Grenades

- Heavy Support +

- Dedicated Transport +

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Blood Angels) [38 PL, 482pts, 1CP] ++

- Configuration +

Detachment CP [1CP]

- HQ +

Chaplain [6 PL, 90pts]: 3. Exhortation of Rage, Bolt pistol, Invocation of Destruction, Jump Pack

- Elites +

Sanguinary Ancient [6 PL, 63pts]: Angelus boltgun, Encarmine sword, Standard of Sacrifice

Sanguinary Guard [20 PL, 224pts]

++ Total: [115 PL, 7CP, 2,000pts] ++

I made some of the changes you suggested. If I did swap out the Infiltrators for a Scout Squad, what would you think about giving the Chaplain a powerfist? I have a fun conversion idea for the Interrogator Chaplain.  

Edited by Sugarlessllama, 11 April 2020 - 01:43 AM.

Work hard. Be kind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users