30k Hobby Chat

Gore Crow, they're looking awesome! Welcome aboard the Heresy train.

Bought a Xiphon today, getting closer to have all the parts for my 2500 OA list, just need 2 Dreadclaws and a MoS (next month or two hopefully).

Spray stick on the way so I can actually start painting what I've got ready whilst I decide on three Grey Slayer packs (mix of Bolters and Power Weapons) or two Slayer packs (all bolters) with a Plasma Support Squad, all in pods.

Finished building a destroyer squad for the Dreadwing force I'm working on. They discontinued the MK IV destroyer squad without jump packs right before releasing a RoW requiring them... Really don't understand FW reasoning with how they do that, but made my own instead in MK III armor.

Geag4ZU.jpg

New favorite vehicle name:

“Brand of Truth”.

Dark Angels Sicaran-Omega

I just finished building a Sicaran Omega this weekend for my Fists.

Now i need some cool fisty tank names.

@Gore Crow

Your Raptors look good and i dont know anyone who would be against them on the table.

@WrathoftheLion

You could have used that jump packs for a Mk IV Assault Squad or something like that or just trading them for other stuff.

You could have used that jump packs for a Mk IV Assault Squad or something like that or just trading them for other stuff.

Definitely could have done that, but having it not available made me want to go with MK III, which I think has turned out pretty well.

“Brand of Truth”.

@Gore Crow

Your Raptors look good and i dont know anyone who would be against them on the table.

@WrathoftheLion

IF tank names:

-Mr. Fisticuffs

-Herr Fisticuffs (if you go with them as Space Prussians)

-Wall of Plasma

-Dorn’s Middle Finger

-Phalanx of :cuss Off

-Blue Death Ball Shooty Thingy

-Mellow Yellow

Definitely could have done that, but having it not available made me want to go with MK III, which I think has turned out pretty well.

I build and started painting a Mk IV 10 man squad with jetpacks. I would have build them with normal backpacks if i had known Destroyers could have an Assault Drill as transport option. But i am going to do a MK III Squad without jetpacks too

“Brand of Truth”.

@Gore Crow

@WrathoftheLion

IF tank names:

-Mr. Fisticuffs

-Wall of Plasma

-Dorn’s Middle Finger

-Phalanx of :censored: Off

-Mellow Yellow

I am german with prussian heritage so the Herr Fisticuffs would stick.

Yeah, going to have to go for an assault drill myself I think. I had finished painting a 5 man mk IV squad of destroyers with jump packs already before book 9 came out, so have to pivot a little bit if I want to take destroyers with the Eskaton Imperative RoW.

I was able to use some extra grenade launchers from the Dreadwing interemptors though to get what I needed for that. Cut the handle off from a heavy bolter to hold it, will just repurpose the rest of the heavy bolter as a pintle weapon for a vehicle later I think.

Love the raptors you've done, Crow. I'm not a fan of the excess amounts of trim the models have on the shins, but after filing that away once or twice - I can't imagine having to repeat the process again, ever. So I don't hold anyone up to doing that amount of work (Barring probably Jack from Anvils of Konor, if he were to play Night Lords...), but it's very much appreciated the work you put in to remove the overly chaos stuff elsewhere. I see you filled in(?) the chaos star on the axe, very nice. 

Myself... my phyiscal hobbying as it were has been really slow. I don't want to finish off various vehicles I've got half done because I'm waiting on decals, but I also don't want to start a million projects whilst waiting... I haven't picked a proper brush up in what feels like weeks. However, my digital side of the hobby has been booming. I am continuing the theme of doing force-organization charts, and I figured I could only go up from the force orbat for the 42nd, onto the next big thing...

HJypR1y.png

I don't want to spam the chat here with oversized images, so I'm only giving snippets of what's been done. You can check out the full scale image in my thread though!

YiuMwbG.png

I build and started painting a Mk IV 10 man squad with jetpacks. I would have build them with normal backpacks if i had known Destroyers could have an Assault Drill as transport option. But i am going to do a MK III Squad without jetpacks too

“Brand of Truth”.

@Gore Crow

@WrathoftheLion

IF tank names:

-Mr. Fisticuffs

-Wall of Plasma

-Dorn’s Middle Finger

-Phalanx of :censored: Off

-Mellow Yellow

I am german with prussian heritage so the Herr Fisticuffs would stick.

I throw "Fisty McTankface" into the ring.

Aye, hopefully my companys' personal heraldry. It's a Nostroman Telusaceros with a sandclock in its maw, implication being that time is up. Well, it's a fancy rhino-look-alike, and I'm having decals made for it, waiting for production to end! 

• 2 weeks later...

IMG-20201012-195227.jpg

This pic-capture shows the personal heraldry of Knight-Commander Raphael El'Gareth. Of particular interest is the symbol on his left vambrace, denoting him as a member of the Order of Shattered Crowns.

It is also my first ever freehand! :D