30k Hobby Chat

So thanks to being in close contact with someone at work who has since tested positive for Nurgle's Rot I'm off until next Friday with nothing planned.

So I'm going to make a real effort to finish off the infantry I need for my 2500 list, assemble the Dread, Spray and start painting what I can.

So thanks to being in close contact with someone at work who has since tested positive for Nurgle's Rot I'm off until next Friday with nothing planned.

So I'm going to make a real effort to finish off the infantry I need for my 2500 list, assemble the Dread, Spray and start painting what I can.

Sorry to hear it and hope all is well but I like the positive outlook - hobby time!

Slow progress is still progress!

Have reset 5 Nunico Vox (including a Master of Signals backpack which with two antenna was interesting) to more natural positions.

Have also cleaned up the resin for my Praetor (after finally finding the left arm I purchased probably a year ago) using Hvarl's body, ten Tartaros Terminators, one of each set FW did (to become Counsels and Command Squad) and enough MkIV pads to complete my infantry.

Once they're dry it's time to finish off assembling the 30 Grey Slayers and start my Seeker Squad (using running MkIV legs), half of which will need stripping.

I also (rather to my embarrassment) found that I ordered a generic Contemptor Dread ages ago so once my delivery comes in I'll have three generic and one SW but I definitely still feel like I'll spread out the Wolf parts.

Aside from some basing details and transfers (which I'll do when I finish the whole squad) I think I'm finished with the Huntmaster.

bS9yP52.jpg

Edit: Oops, I've forgotten the all-important lightning on the armour; I guess he's not finished...

Edited by GarvielEisenhorn

So having seen the new DKoK models for Kill Team previewed, is anyone tempted to use these as Solar stand-ins? It's a slightly different aesthetic, but could work well perhaps?

So having seen the new DKoK models for Kill Team previewed, is anyone tempted to use these as Solar stand-ins? It's a slightly different aesthetic, but could work well perhaps?

Tempted with either Solar Auxilia or Militia. Just wish they had official access to Chimeras (Mournival rules, cool as they are, aren't official so doesn't guarantee I could use them) as I'm not a fan of the Aurox price for a metal bawx.

Did some more work on Russ. Snapped the head off for now. Not sure if I stuck it on wrong or lost a piece for the back of his head as  in the current position, there is a massive blank spot at the back of his head

cc6Smix.jpg

NOObQMK.jpg

4bw00LL.jpg

au0mjll.jpg

Lighting is really poor in my cabin, its either really dark for photos or way too bright like this lower one.

YUsST0G.jpg

please stop sharing those XD every time you do i die inside that i cant have them.

Corn's currently selling his spin-off on Cults3D, which has a variation on the middle helmet. Believe he has a top knot pack coming out soon as well.

To make this even worse - here's some other stuff I commissioned from a friend on the 40k Discord, Implacable Lemon.

98804665de0e7b81c42b064e8875d866.png

unknown-5.png

Not with those heads, something a bit more 30k probably/Crusade oriented. 

please stop sharing those XD every time you do i die inside that i cant have them.

Corn's currently selling his spin-off on Cults3D, which has a variation on the middle helmet. Believe he has a top knot pack coming out soon as well.

To make this even worse - here's some other stuff I commissioned from a friend on the 40k Discord, Implacable Lemon.

98804665de0e7b81c42b064e8875d866.png

unknown-5.png

Those look ace! 

SLOOOOWLY grinding away on my IX Legion. And getting some traction on VII. 

Fun thought experiment I've been running through my head:

How would you run a V Legion ZM force? ALL the Keshig?

If I recall, a Zone Mortalis operation is explicitly noted as the type of thing the Keshig deploy for, right?

Now, this is something more along the lines of fluff than crunch, but I would also suggest the V Legion would adapt their fundamental philosophy of war for a ZM into something akin to how the Carcharadons are described as behaving - not so much "gotta go fast lol" as continuous probing, hit & run strikes against multiple simultaneous areas with the objective of locating a weak point to exploit via breakthrough.

Don't the White Scars actually have an infantry unit that're described as hunter/assassins and are equipped with lightning claw variants? (Don't have access to my Book 8 right now). They seem like the sort of guys that would go prowling through close-quarters enclosed spaces.

I've managed to grab a hardback copy of Tempest for about £100 less than I was expecting to pay. This now means I'll have all of the campaign books to date and am only really going to be pursuing the Visions of Heresy in the Black Book style (and possibly the limited Edition Campaign boxes but less fussed about them).

*Happy Heresy noises*

So, I found this tutorial on painting Heresy-era Dark Angels:

The ones I've painted are now sitting in a bath of Purple Power to strip, will be repainting them once I order the rest of the stuff needed for the paint (mainly the thinner for the oil paints).

Hopefully a majority airbrushed scheme will help speed up my painting :laugh.:

However, all the weapons are glued to the arms... Looks like I'll be doing black weapon cases for right now :lol:

Edited by Gederas

My determination to be hobby productive stalled the other week when I realised I had run out of superglue.

But I knew I was travelling to my mum's this week and would rather stock up from the LGS as I'd rather that than Amazon.

So replenished with superglue as well as plastic. Also a cutting mat as I've been using odds and sodd for a while now.

I may have also purchased more metal Scouts. It's a shame as far as I'm aware there were only ever two Bolter Scouts (plus some SW ones that could either be Bolters or Pistols) as well as two Snipers (but the plastic snipers don't look as silly as the BP/CCW ones).

I may have also purchased more metal Scouts. It's a shame as far as I'm aware there were only ever two Bolter Scouts (plus some SW ones that could either be Bolters or Pistols) as well as two Snipers (but the plastic snipers don't look as silly as the BP/CCW ones).

Plastic scouts with MkIV heads look great as 30k marines with recon armour. They just need to file down the neck to fit, and erase the winged skull if you are a traitor or not a loyalist at the Siege.

Quick and dirty mockup, but you get the idea:

1627560746210.jpg