Space Marine Heroes Series 1 W.I.P.

Axineton

Hi there fellow frater, I picked these up at Christmas and finally built them this morning. Each one took around 15 mins to assemble. Only trouble I had was the sword dudes arm broke at the insert so I had to drill the insert out and then cut a sliver off the sword arm to join it to the pauldron. 

I’ve not glued the backpacks or the marines that have guns going over their Aquila as I want to try and paint these to the best of my ability. Also the Captain hasn’t been glued together either. I’m not a fan of sub assemblies as I get mixed up where bits go so try not to do it if I can help it. 

I’ll prime them tomorrow and maybe basecoat them too. Not sure what chapter I’m going but more than likely it’ll be Ultramarines as they are my favourite chapter. 

ls4dYAch.jpg

ilbvX5fh.jpg

1kIka5Th.jpg

9tAR7Xdh.jpg

I733ZSRh.jpg

Edited by Axineton

Thought I’d get the four easy ones primed and basecoated. 

i4Al2Ywh.jpg

The marine on the left backpack has managed to break off at the insert as I was trying to remove it :censored:  but I’ll drill it out and should be able to glue it once I’ve painted it up. 

Going with 1st Company so they’ll have white helmets and shoulder edges. The sergeant will have a red helmet. I’ll get more done over the weekend. 

I bought a few of these but ended up with pretty much 4x bolter guys, 2 of which were doubles lol. They're nice (but pretty much fixed) poses. I thought you weren't assembling them so you could get into the tricky bits - I thought the same, I look forward to seeing how you progress!

Just a small update here no painting pics just a pic of some reinforcements that arrived via drop pod this morning that will be getting the Ultramarines 1st company treatment. 

nvahlfyl.jpg

I’ll be building these tomorrow and carrying on with the 4 I started last week.