I'm happy to allow you the macefist, having checked it out.

If you can, please edit your first replies in this thread (Posts #3, #4 and #5) with the information from my last post. You may wish to use spoiler tags for the various sections so that it's neater.

In addition, please use this:

Weapon Skill: XX

• Parry

Ballistic Skill: XX

Strength: XX

• Athletics
  • Intimidate

Toughness: XX

Agility: XX

• Acrobatics
  • Dodge
  • Operate
  • Sleight of Hand
  • Stealth

Intelligence: XX

• Commerce
  • Common Lore
  • Forbidden Lore
  • Linguistics
  • Logic
  • Medicae
  • Navigate
  • Scholastic Lore
  • Security
  • Tech-Use
  • Trade

Perception: XX

• Awareness
  • Psyniscience
  • Scrutiny
  • Survival

Willpower: XX

• Interrogation

Fellowship

• Charm
  • Command
  • Deceive
  • Inquiry

At this stage you can roll your statistics: 2D10+20 for each statistic, applying your characteristic bonuses and penalties from the previous stage. You may re-roll one statistic if you don't like the result, but you must keep the second result even if it's worse. Additionally, for each of the skills above, note whether they are Trained (T), (+10) or (+20).

Edited by Commissar Molotov

For clarity, are the skills you put in the spoiler just examples or are they skills we add?

That's every skill in the game, listed under its governing attribute. Everyone should have them on their list somewhere, and marked accordingly for Known, Trained +10, or Trained +20.

Edited by Fenrykus

Fenrykus: You should roll for each individually.

Beren: As Fenrykus says, those are all the skills, divided by statistic, so it's a little easier to find your scores. As long as it is easy to find what you need to roll, that's fine.

Additionally, your characters gain the following equipment:

- A Main Weapon (A Ripper Gun and two clips for the Ogryn, otherwise one M36 Lasgun and four Charge Packs)

- 1 Suit of Imperial Guard flak armour

- Two Frag Grenades

- Two Krak Grenades

- One Uniform

- One set of poor weather gear

- One knife

- One Rucksack

- One set of basic tools

- One mess kit and one water canteen

- One blanket and one sleep bag

- One rechargeable lamp pack

- One grooming kit

- One set of cognomen tags

- One primer or instructional handbook

- Combat sustenance rations (two weeks' supply)

Rolls:

Wounds: (1d5+10) = (5+10) = 15

WS: (2d10+20) = (10+3+20) = 33

BS:  (2d10+20) = (2+4+20) = 26

Str: (2d10+20) = (5+1+20) = 26

Tg: (2d10+20) =  (6+2+20) = 28

Agi: (2d10+20+3) = (7+5+23) = 35

Int: (2d10+20+5) = (5+10+25)=40

Per: (2d10+20) =  (3+5+20) = 28

WP: (2d10+20) = (9+8+20) = 37

Fel: (2d10+20+3) = (5+2+23) = 30

Re-roll: BS =28

I'll update the first post asap, so it should be done by the end of the day.

Turns out that I misunderstood the way in which skills work in Only War - so the skills I had listed as Trained are +10 already. The skills i listed as +10 are actually +20.

The next things to do would be generating Fate Points (per p100 of the rulebook) for those who haven't already.

Additionally, Stimms and Lughead will have 600 XP to spend, whilst Scarlet will get only 300. Spend it as per the Only War rulebook's stipulations (paying attention to your Aptitudes.)

Finally, Stimms and Lughead need to create your companions. Go through the seven questions again, as your companions will be secondary player characters =.

Fate Points: 1d10 = 6 = 1 Fate Point

XP expenses:

First up, I'm buying Deception(known) for 300xp. Pricey given the lack of shared attributes, but it would be weird not to have it given the character and circumstances. Then I'm boosting my Medicae skill up to Experienced for another 300xp with both aptitudes (Fieldcraft and Intelligence).

Companion:

Harold Steffen

Formerly of the Bolten 6th Mechanised

He was born on a Hiveworld. Before this he served the Astra Militarum in a Mechanised Infantry Regiment. He was assigned as a Vehicle Operator. War has taught him never to falter in the fury of battle. His crime was the unsanctioned use and possession of restricted medical supplies. His nickname is 'Wide-eyes'. Others would describe him as fidgety, nervous and obsessive.

Fenrykus: You should roll for each individually.

I was afraid you'd say that. Ah well, I'll make do with the order I rolled. It'll make for a more interesting experience.

Edit: I purchased two Toughness advances (100 and 200 xp), the Jaded talent (200), and Scrutiny at Known (100). That's my 600 points.

Edit 2: I know you said you'd prefer us to stay away from well-known regiments, but I'm doing something slightly different with my Comrade. It's only to add a little extra flavor to the character, not be the whole meal. If it's too much, let me know. The idea is that Antikrieg is from (you guessed it) the Death Korps, but he was sent to a penal colony for desertion. Picked up by my regiment, he got paired up with Lughead as his handler as part of his sentence. Long story short, the two have been a duo for some time, and Lughead just keeps getting them both in trouble.

Edited by Fenrykus

I'd have to stand by what I said earlier, I'm afraid - I find it better to explore lesser-known corners of the 40k universe.

Looks like we're pretty close to having everything put together, so I will be putting the thread up today or tomorrow.

Just a note Steel Company, Grinns is the name I made up for a fellow penal legionary who is now dead. Stimms and him had a little dispute, then later Stimms ended up treating Grinns for a fairly typical wound, whereupon Grinns suffered 'unfortunate complications' and died. 

Should I edit the passage to make his demise a little more explicit?

Fornow I'll assume Dagger and Whispers are stable. The downside is that we won't get augmentics to fix them up proper out here, and given that we're Penal Legionaries we probably wouldn't get them anyway. The most Stimms'' be able to do for them is probably going to be disinfecting their wounds.

I'm guessing Toaster and Twelvetoes are more critical. With Twelvetoes I'm guessing I need to remove the bullet and sow him up to stop the bleeding. I'm not sure what I can do about Toaster.

GM: Do I need to make a Medicae check to determine the right course of action with the two of them, then another Medicae Check in order to actually do it? Also to figure out if they can actually be saved, and which one is more likely to die on me first.

Edited by Beren

I don't think you need to take a Medicae test to determine the right course of action - I'm happy to assume you know (or think you know) what to do with them. The bigger issue for you is time - you likely won't be able to do everything you wish to do.

The narrative needs to move forward a little more and then I think you will see what options you have available to you. 

Of course, there's nothing stopping you posting with checking on them, attempting to speak to them/calm them, etc. 

Alternately, you may wish to go find Judge to explain what the status is.