Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[OW] Die Hards OOC Thread

Only War Only War RPG FFG Roleplaying Game RPG Penal Legion Astra Militarum Imperial Guard

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

Commissar Molotov

Commissar Molotov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,216 posts
  • Faction: The Castigators

Beren/Steel, I was spinning my wheels a little bit until I could get to this post, which has set the narrative going. 

Beren - it's fine to assume that you're able to stabilise Twelvetoes, removing the bullet and staunching the bleeding to the point that he could be transported. Of course, further complications could crop up along the way, and you as a group might just find a more expedient way of dealing with the situation... 

Now the game is opening up a little more, so you can start to voice your opinions... 

• Steel Company likes this

QUOTE (voi shet magir @ May 31 2011, 05:38 AM
That is an unexpectedly strong assertion from a dead person.

Steel Company

Steel Company

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,206 posts

Sounds good CM, since I'd assume that Scarlett would be able to make some educated guesses from looking at the map, how far is the river from where we are? Are there any mountains or hills that could have caves on the way? Is it dense jungle all the way to the river?

I've got something cooking up in my mind, but I could use that information to help with her motivations for her actions.

As always CM, you've done a great job!

To all you Space Wolf Players... Its called a Razor and the Soap isn't a Daemon.
--Dremen

The Iron Hands, they are the real emo marines. Seriously. The Dark Angels aren't the ones who sit around cutting off bits of themselves, wearing black, and complaining about weakness and ennui...

--Octavulg

Commissar Molotov

Commissar Molotov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,216 posts
The adventure I'm using doesn't give specific distances, and I'd rather not just to prevent anyone proving how unrealistic times/travel/distances are. (I'm not a military expert!)

The terrain is almost entirely swampy jungles, from what I've seen.

Steel Company

Steel Company

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,206 posts

Kay, I'll stick with what I was assuming it's be then, a tight time table for able bodies to slog through. I'll get something put together later today.

smile.png

Post is up.

http://www.bolterand...hour/?p=5510222

Edited by Steel Company, 21 April 2020 - 02:48 PM.

• Commissar Molotov likes this
To all you Space Wolf Players... Its called a Razor and the Soap isn't a Daemon.
--Dremen

The Iron Hands, they are the real emo marines. Seriously. The Dark Angels aren't the ones who sit around cutting off bits of themselves, wearing black, and complaining about weakness and ennui...

--Octavulg

Steel Company

Steel Company

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,206 posts

I've got a post ready, just needs confirmation from Judge to go and do the dirty work..

--Dremen

--Octavulg

Commissar Molotov

Commissar Molotov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,216 posts
Well, it seems to me you need to have Scarlet respond to Stimms, as he's talking directly to you. I'm particularly keen to raise interaction between players.

I can move things forward today or tomorrow, depending on how your posts pan out.

Steel Company

Steel Company

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,206 posts

Okay, I'll make a couple of edits to it and get it posted today.

I've got it up in Spoiler tags at the moment, I can make changes as needed.

Spoiler tags pulled, let the cards fall where they need to.

http://www.bolterand...hour/?p=5511815

Edited by Steel Company, 24 April 2020 - 07:36 PM.

--Dremen

--Octavulg

Beren

Beren

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,014 posts

Just to double check, who was it that you killed? Was it just Toaster and Twelvetoes, or are Whisper and Dagger down as well?

Steel Company

Steel Company

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,206 posts
Whom ever we are not taking with us, you said you wanted to bring the blinded one and I assume one other strapped to Lug.
--Dremen

--Octavulg

Commissar Molotov

Commissar Molotov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,216 posts
I'm happy to leave it up to you two to determine.

Beren

Beren

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,014 posts

Yup, that's fine. Just making sure.

Commissar Molotov

Commissar Molotov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,216 posts
I will be trying to get time tomorrow to update!
  • Steel Company, Mazer Rackham and Beren like this

Steel Company

Steel Company

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,206 posts

Looking forward to it CM!biggrin.png

--Dremen

--Octavulg

Beren

Beren

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,014 posts

Does the gap look short enough to jump? Is it possible to see any of the rock-face behind the fall?

Steel Company

Steel Company

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,206 posts
How much rope hangs on our side of the bridge?

Are there thick vines we can make use of?

Do we have any rope?

That all being asked, the update looks good CM!

Edited by Steel Company, 30 April 2020 - 01:24 PM.

--Dremen

--Octavulg

Commissar Molotov

Commissar Molotov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,216 posts
Hi both,

It is entirely possible for you to "ask" these questions in-character, by choosing to have your character examine.

The gap is too wide to jump. You can see the rock-face behind the fall, and it would be possible to climb across with a Challenging (+0) Athletics test.

The bridge has been divided fairly evenly in half. There are trees further back that could be used, but it will take effort to cut the trees down or uproot them. Similarly to vines - I'm happy for those to be find with a successful survival test.

You don't have any rope on your person.

TechCaptain

TechCaptain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 192 posts
  • Faction: Imperials
Is it still possible to join this only war stuff?
I have the Only War stuff at home, though haven't really played it except some variations on other forums that may or may not have had rules bent.

“I was born on the Schola Progenium world of Verliaus.
Before this, I served the Astra Militarum in a Mechanized Reconnaissance Regiment, the 89th Lunar Venatorii Light Cavalry.
I was assigned as a Cavalry Scout (Combat Motor Bike Operator).
War has taught me to infiltrate behind enemy lines and strike the enemy from an unexpected quarter.
My crime was Tech Heresy for modifying my vehicle equipment in unsanctioned ways.
My nickname is Glitch.
Three adjectives others would use to describe me are Paranoid, Literal, and clever."

I was thinking to build up some ideas for a homebrew regiment of mine, The Lunar Venatorii Cavalry Regiment. Glitch, I was thinking would be a former Mechanized Cavalry Scout. Basically he rode light motorcycles ahead of formations for Recon. Looking at what you guys have, it didn't seem you all had a Vehicle operator or a Recon type person.

For Fluff because I am bored, (so no changing of stats or anything) his 'flak armor' can be a flak weave duster and pants, with cavalry boots. Showing his previous regiment. He lost his rank tags, his better parts of his armor and all that as benefit of being a penal legionnaire.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

looks like I rolled well

Spoiler

Edited by TechCaptain, 10 May 2020 - 05:49 PM.

• Steel Company, Mazer Rackham and Beren like this

Bloodmoon Hunters Armorial mini

With iron and fire the beast shall be lain low at the hands of the Hunters whose home is under the Bloodmoon. 

Bloodmoon Hunters on 40k Homebrew Wiki and 40k Theories Youtube Channel

gallery_48988_16308_20607.png

Steel Company

Steel Company

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,206 posts
Looks well put together Tech, he looks like a solid counter part to Scarlett.
  • TechCaptain likes this
--Dremen

--Octavulg

TechCaptain

TechCaptain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 192 posts
Thanks. Now if I am approved we will see if he goes more tech weenie or recon trooper.

With iron and fire the beast shall be lain low at the hands of the Hunters whose home is under the Bloodmoon. 

Steel Company

Steel Company

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,206 posts
Here's hoping!
  • TechCaptain likes this
--Dremen

--Octavulg

TechCaptain

TechCaptain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 192 posts
Question Steel since your here, Did you guys already earn some experience and spend them again? I am looking over everyone else's Character sheets and I am trying to figure out if I forgot something.

Steel Company

Steel Company

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,206 posts
Just the basics, 600 for everyone but Scarlett, 300 for Scarlett since she's an ex-Strom trooper.
  • TechCaptain likes this
--Dremen

--Octavulg

TechCaptain

TechCaptain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 192 posts
hmm dang I must have spent mine badly lol. Because I see tons of Talents like die hard. or maybe my math is off. Thanks.

Steel Company

Steel Company

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,206 posts
Perhaps not, some 'classes' get a bunch of freebies, like Scarlett got a ton of stuff. All I spent xp on was a simple boost to her ballistic skill for 250xp.
--Dremen

--Octavulg

TechCaptain

TechCaptain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 192 posts
Fair, for the six hundred since I am a 'main' class. I did Quick Draw which only has one Attribute in common with Operators so 300???? and then filled the other three hundred with Skills that have two Attributes so 100 xp a piece.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Only War, Only War RPG, FFG, Roleplaying Game, RPG, Penal Legion, Astra Militarum, Imperial Guard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users