Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[OW] Die Hards OOC Thread

Only War Only War RPG FFG Roleplaying Game RPG Penal Legion Astra Militarum Imperial Guard

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

TechCaptain

TechCaptain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 192 posts
  • Faction: Imperials

Edit: By the way CM, I have tried to Private Message you but it says your Messages are full.

It should be empty now.

Cool man. I ran out of likes already. Anyways, I am reading up on last night's (from my point of view) updates.

Bloodmoon Hunters Armorial mini

With iron and fire the beast shall be lain low at the hands of the Hunters whose home is under the Bloodmoon. 

Bloodmoon Hunters on 40k Homebrew Wiki and 40k Theories Youtube Channel

gallery_48988_16308_20607.png

TechCaptain

TechCaptain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 192 posts

Now it seems just time for everyone to cross which looks like shouldn't be too hard. 

With iron and fire the beast shall be lain low at the hands of the Hunters whose home is under the Bloodmoon. 

Steel Company

Steel Company

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,206 posts

Yeah, I'm just waiting on everyone else to post or for CM to tell me the target number I need to roll under...

• TechCaptain likes this
To all you Space Wolf Players... Its called a Razor and the Soap isn't a Daemon.
--Dremen

The Iron Hands, they are the real emo marines. Seriously. The Dark Angels aren't the ones who sit around cutting off bits of themselves, wearing black, and complaining about weakness and ennui...

--Octavulg

TechCaptain

TechCaptain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 192 posts

Yeah, I'm just waiting on everyone else to post or for CM to tell me the target number I need to roll under...

Fair, I think the only other player to post is Lughead's player. His last log in was April 23, 2020 so should be around. I am guessing most of the others that Scarlet listed are NPCs.

Edited by TechCaptain, 14 May 2020 - 07:00 PM.

Steel Company

Steel Company

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,206 posts

Stims is a player as is Lughead.

Beren (Stims and cohort Wild Eyes) have been fairly active...

Fenrykus (Lughead and cohort Walker) have only posted once so far, but with everything going on in the world, perhaps their attention is else where.

As for me with Scarlett, I have a lot of time on my hands during my work day (advantages of being one of the bosses with my own office) with the current state of affairs of the world not a lot is happening at my job right now, so I can be fairly active on here.

• TechCaptain likes this
To all you Space Wolf Players... Its called a Razor and the Soap isn't a Daemon.
--Dremen

The Iron Hands, they are the real emo marines. Seriously. The Dark Angels aren't the ones who sit around cutting off bits of themselves, wearing black, and complaining about weakness and ennui...

--Octavulg

Beren

Beren

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,010 posts

There's a possibility that Lughead'll break the ropes and we have to pass a collective strength test to pull him up. 

Steel Company

Steel Company

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,206 posts

That is a concern... that why I was thinking of having him scale the rock face. He should have an advantage in it thanks to the stat being STR (even cut in half if untrained in it)...

• TechCaptain likes this
--Dremen

--Octavulg

TechCaptain

TechCaptain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 192 posts
Fair, I have a lot of time on my hands and not a lot of time on my hands.

I work as an Engineer on Satellites. I spend most my time doing monitoring tasks which means I have to be at work but besides watching a bunch of points there is nothing really else for me to be doing usually. (Unless something breaks and we try to make sure that doesn't happen.)
  • Steel Company and Mazer Rackham like this

Commissar Molotov

Commissar Molotov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,216 posts
  • Faction: The Castigators

The distinctions between Only War and the earlier FFG games are quite subtle, so please don't hesitate to point out where I get things wrong. The way in which Wounds vs Damage are explained tripped me up here! 

• TechCaptain likes this

QUOTE (voi shet magir @ May 31 2011, 05:38 AM
That is an unexpectedly strong assertion from a dead person.

Steel Company

Steel Company

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,206 posts

Post is up, looks like Scarlett is going on 8.

--Dremen

--Octavulg

Beren

Beren

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,010 posts

Looks like our flank of the fight had better opening luck than yours, Steel. Though given that Stimms rolled pretty low on initiative, he may yet take damage before he can get to cover.

Oh, the rest of us are going to have to climb it now, good thing Whisper went first.

Also, Molotov, you've put K twice, and I'm pretty sure the one on the right is supposed to be W for Whisper.

Edited by Beren, 15 May 2020 - 03:29 PM.

• Steel Company and TechCaptain like this

Steel Company

Steel Company

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,206 posts

Well to be fair, only Scarlett actually took damage... but I got a high roll for initiative with an 8.... Should be interesting to see how this shakes out.

• TechCaptain likes this
--Dremen

--Octavulg

TechCaptain

TechCaptain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 192 posts
Oh ho. Ambush love it. Them sneaky gitz prolly were wearin purple. Good luck to the fighters my the odds be in your favor.

Steel Company

Steel Company

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,206 posts

Oh ho. Ambush love it. Them sneaky gitz prolly were wearin purple. Good luck to the fighters my the odds be in your favor.

That's why I moved Scarlett into cover right away, it should improve my odds of making it out of the ambush.

• TechCaptain likes this
--Dremen

--Octavulg

TechCaptain

TechCaptain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 192 posts
There be only for boyz so far, you outnumber them gitz. But the sound of battle will draw more if ya don’t hurry.

TechCaptain

TechCaptain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 192 posts

Sneaky, sneaky. I spy prey.... *from a elevated hidden position a few quick shots to take down a ork boy*............. lol

Steel Company

Steel Company

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,206 posts

Poor Scarlett is really missing her carapace and hot-shot las-gun right now...

• Mazer Rackham and TechCaptain like this
--Dremen

--Octavulg

TechCaptain

TechCaptain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 192 posts
Glitch will be missing his carapace with layered Flak outfit and whisper hotshot.
  • Mazer Rackham likes this

TechCaptain

TechCaptain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 192 posts
Checking in here since it’s been awhile.

Steel Company

Steel Company

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,206 posts

To be fair Tech, there has been a major development in Blackthron, so CM (and to a vastly lesser extent so have I) been busy over there.

--Dremen

--Octavulg

Commissar Molotov

Commissar Molotov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,216 posts
  • Faction: The Castigators
In truth, this game hasn't really progressed in the way that I wanted. There has been limited uptake in terms of player count, and it's clear that I have over-stretched myself in trying to bring some versatility and dynamism to this sub-forum. I'm not in the greatest situation mentally at the moment, and with only limited energy and enthusiasm it has toward my Deathwatch game - which is moving towards plots that I have spent 3+ years putting together.

If another GM wanted to take over this game, I would be happy to share my notes; otherwise, this thread should probably not continue.

Please, if possible, don't reply here. The larger issues should likely be directed towards Mazer Rackham's thread here - this board needs more players, but it also needs more GMs who are willing to devote their time and energy toward crafting interesting tales for players to take part in.
  • Steel Company, Mazer Rackham and TechCaptain like this

QUOTE (voi shet magir @ May 31 2011, 05:38 AM
That is an unexpectedly strong assertion from a dead person.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Only War, Only War RPG, FFG, Roleplaying Game, RPG, Penal Legion, Astra Militarum, Imperial Guard

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users