Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Last of a ragged house.....Destroyer Squad WIP

World Eaters Legion XIIth Legion Legio XII blackshields Endryd Haar WIP

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

AHorriblePerson

AHorriblePerson

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 493 posts
  • Faction: Various

God, that assault squad looks excellent. Your World Eaters are easily among the best I've ever seen.

Out of curiosity, where's Darr's bare head from?

Edited by AHorriblePerson, 11 November 2020 - 03:09 PM.

• Cadmus Tyro likes this

Raziel-TX

Raziel-TX

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 157 posts
  • Faction: 19th F.I.S.T, Dark Angels

As always, great stuff.  The letter fluff piece is also neat.

• Cadmus Tyro likes this

<p>Colossians 3:17.

Varyn

Varyn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 318 posts

Another great squad to round out the infantry, excellent mix of poses and the paint job is brilliant.

Truly inspiring stuff

• Cadmus Tyro likes this

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,125 posts
  • Faction: Iron Hands Legion

Smashing work on the assault squad, I think you got the weathering just right, they don't look 'factory fresh' but they're not absolutely caked either. I like the attached fluff piece too, it's  a nice way to introduce each post.

• Cadmus Tyro likes this

Cadmus Tyro

Cadmus Tyro

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 792 posts

God, that assault squad looks excellent. Your World Eaters are easily among the best I've ever seen.

Out of curiosity, where's Darr's bare head from?

Thanks, that’s high praise indeed. I take a lot of inspiration from Mr Pooms legendary world eaters. Although, I wanted a blue closer to to betrayal artwork and metallic blue gives so much more depth and visual interest.

The head is from the old MKii Baal Predator tank commander, it’s been sitting in my bits box for over fifteen years, glad I’ve finally found a use for it!

As always, great stuff.  The letter fluff piece is also neat.

Thanks mate, I was looking at the close ups and the white eyes just reminded me of Shabran Darrs entry in betrayal. I like the idea of him originally being under the command of Endryd, his ambition getting the better of him and eventually his path leads to the warrior we see on Istvaan 3. Perhaps regretting his transfer to the 11th....

Another great squad to round out the infantry, excellent mix of poses and the paint job is brilliant.

Truly inspiring stuff

Thanks bud, looking forward to seeing some more EC updates, stick with that purple!

Smashing work on the assault squad, I think you got the weathering just right, they don't look 'factory fresh' but they're not absolutely caked either. I like the attached fluff piece too, it's  a nice way to introduce each post.

Thanks Pearson, yeah I’m really enjoying the approach, writing the small piece of fluff just breathes a little more life into it.

Thanks for all the views and likes everyone!

Next up....
  • Pearson73 and AHorriblePerson like this
Alpha legion and Iron hands work in progress:

http://www.bolterand...legion-wip-log/

Blackshield/World eaters log:

http://www.bolterand...omega-complete/

Cadmus Tyro

Cadmus Tyro

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 792 posts
File type: pict capture, plus commentary
File location: Endryd Haar, personal log.

gallery_87021_11487_497280.jpeg

File commentary:
“Phosphex weaponry, some would say a necessary evil, employed by the legion in the direst of circumstances. But I do not believe weapons conform to a morality, it is the will with which they are employed that defines morality. Sometimes these weapons are necessary, but I must look at my own conscience to find evil.”
  • Pearson73, bluntblade and AHorriblePerson like this
Alpha legion and Iron hands work in progress:

http://www.bolterand...legion-wip-log/

Blackshield/World eaters log:

http://www.bolterand...omega-complete/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: World Eaters Legion, XIIth Legion, Legio XII, blackshields, Endryd Haar, WIP

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users