Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

A Broken Throne: General Discussion

A Broken Throne General Discussion Main

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,765 posts
  • Faction: Inkspillers

Let's get this show on the road. Welcome to A Broken Throne, a new 30K AU.

The galaxy is in flames. The Emperor’s glorious vision for humanity is in ruins. His favoured son, Yucahu, has been assassinated and the Emperor has gone missing. These tragic events occur due to the nefarious machinations of Socraes Travier, the Chaos-corrupted Primarch of the Eagle Warriors, who is secretly in league with the Dark Gods of Chaos. Over half of the Legiones Astartes break their oaths of fealty to the Emperor, although not in a unified fashion. The acting Regent, Kozja Darzalas, Primarch of the Warbringers, struggles to hold the burgeoning Imperium together.

The Emperor's armies, the mighty and redoubtable Space Marines, are locked in an inter-legionary conflict; part stand-off and part punitive action. Once, these ultimate warriors fought side by side as brothers, protecting the galaxy and bringing mankind out of the era of Old Night and back into the Emperor’s light. Now they are divided.

Some remain loyal to the Emperor, whilst others have sided with Ixipatlan, the daemon-corrupted Primarch Socraes of the XIII Legion. Still, others follow their own agenda, forging their own path in an uncaring and unforgiving galaxy. Worlds across the Imperium are burning as it is thrust into a conflict that will engulf all mankind in fire. Treachery and betrayal has usurped honour and nobility. Armies are gathering for the final conflict to come. All must choose a side or die.

Tragically, the Throneworld falls to Ixipatlan, and those few Space Marine that remain loyal to the Emperor’s cause are forced to flee. Gathering their strength and biding their time to strike back at the Traitors, the Loyalists' are bolstered by the glorious return of the Master of Mankind, who was trapped within the Aeldari Webway. Leading those Legions still loyal to Him, the Emperor leads a desperate assault upon Terra itself, in order to cut the head from the snake, and end Ixipatlan's Deception once and for all. But His true enemy is Chaos, a primordial force that seeks to enslave mankind to its capricious whims.

As the screams of the innocent rises in a cacophony across the stars, the pleas of the righteous are downed out by the cruel laughter of Dark Gods. Eternal enslavement to the Ruinous Powers, and the suffering and damnation that will inevitably follow, await all should the Emperor fail and the war be lost.

The age of knowledge and enlightenment has ended.

The Age of Darkness has begun.

The Twenty Legions
I- Warbringers
II- Lightning Bearers
III- Crimson Lions
IV- Void Eagles
V- Anvil Bearers
VI- Iron Bears
VII- Berserkers of Uran
VIII- Monarchs of Denaus
IX- Grave Stalkers
X- Devourers of Irithon
XI- Wardens of Light
XII- Argent Scions
XIII- Eagle Warriors
XIV- Thunder Talons
XV- Sons of Solstice
XVI- Tyrant's Fists
XVII- Dreamwalkers
XVIII- Steel Legion
XIX- Cardinal Guard
XX- Predators

The Primarchs

1. Kozja Darzalas of the Warbringers
  2. Icarion Anasem of the Lightning Bearers
  3. Daer'dd Niimkiikaa of the Iron Bears
  4. Leonfrik Skira of the Anvil Bearers
  5. Bellucadrix of the Crimson Lions
  6. Socraes Traiver/Ixiptatlan of the Eagle Warriors
  7. Aladren Limos of the Devourers of Irithon
  8. Yucahu Sumakutaa of the Wings of Woe
  9. Gwalchavad of the Wardens of Light
  10. Karden Linnaeus of the Monarchs of Dernaus
  11. Haedran Durendal of the Cardinal Guard
  12. Ur-Suresh of the Tyrant's Fists
  13. Nomus Sardauk of the Steel Legion
  14. August Veramn of the Thunder Talons
  15. Raktra Akarro of the Berserkers of Uran
  16. Kuranos Hasthtir of the Dreamwalkers
  17. Aysen Craw of  the Argent Scions
  18. Andezo Sambedi of  the Predators
  19. Azothastra of the Sons of Solstice
  20. K'awil Pakal of the Grave Stalkers

Edited by bluntblade, 06 October 2020 - 02:53 PM.

• Doctor Perils and Kelborn like this

Humble scrivener - alternate Episode IX attempt now complete!

Caretaker of the Lightning Bearers and member of the Broken Throne alt-Heresy project

Auroch

Auroch

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7 posts

You go back and forth betwen Ixiptatlan and Socraes Travier for the Eagle Warriors primarch. Is that intentional? If he still has the brainwashing backstory, having one name for the Chaos-sworn 'old' personality and another for the brainwashed loyal personality would be neat. Sort of analogous to Night Haunter/Konrad Curze; the name the Emperor gave him for the loyalist, and the one his homeworld gave him for the traitor.

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,765 posts
I'm leaning towards the given by the Emperor/given by his world tack myself, though we're still talking it over.

Caretaker of the Lightning Bearers and member of the Broken Throne alt-Heresy project

Kelborn

Kelborn

++ LECTOR HOSPITIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,323 posts
  • Faction: Do bookmarks count?

We are?

For me, it's still the crux of his story arc.

Socraes was the ideal - made - son of the Emperor. One he had formed entirely, the near perfect embodyment of His vison.

Ixi is surpressed, gone for good - for now. Reemerging, Ixi confronts Socraes in an internal struggle, showing him the truth, that Socraes is nothing but a artificial construct. Shattered, Socraes seeks refuge deep within their shared mind, unable to act while witnessing everything Ixi is doing.

I would love to have a Vandred scene (from A D-Bs Blood Reaver) in which Socraes takes over one final time, denying Ixi his goal/ plan, resulting in their utter defeat. Maybe in the duel with Gwalchavad, enabling his beloved brother to use his unique eyes to banish Ixi alongside Socraes.

"Farewell, brother. Forgive me..."

Gwalchavad senses his true brothers presence one final time, realizing what he had done. Beaten and bloodied, he falls to his knees, mourning the loss of Socraes Travier...

*the sky darkens, it begins to rain, washing over Gwalchavad, blood and tears become one and start to spread from the deathward lord of light*

Edited by Kelborn, 15 April 2020 - 09:42 AM.

• MikhalLeNoir likes this

Lost Legion, the Predators                                                     Liber Astartes Swap Challenge 2019   

tn_gallery_87379_12273_68539.jpg gallery_26154_15777_13780.png 

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

This is my mod voice. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My mod voice is a means to an end.

Let us avoid it, alright?

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,765 posts
Hence why I'm keen to keep the dual names.
  • Kelborn likes this

MikhalLeNoir

MikhalLeNoir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,821 posts
  • Faction: XIth Legion Wardens of Light
Oh Kel, I like that.

By the way the Thunder Talons are not the Xth Legion. The Xth are the devourers

Open for Comissions, just PM me. The Wardens of Light were like golden blades, cutting down their enemies scarring the darkness.

gallery_78117_10471_62812.png

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,765 posts

good catch

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,765 posts

To make a note, Icarion takes the lead on building the Librarius in our version.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: A Broken Throne, General Discussion, Main

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users