Let's get this show on the road. Welcome to A Broken Throne, a new 30K AU.
The galaxy is in flames. The Emperor’s glorious vision for humanity is in ruins. His favoured son, Yucahu, has been assassinated and the Emperor has gone missing. These tragic events occur due to the nefarious machinations of Socraes Travier, the Chaos-corrupted Primarch of the Eagle Warriors, who is secretly in league with the Dark Gods of Chaos. Over half of the Legiones Astartes break their oaths of fealty to the Emperor, although not in a unified fashion. The acting Regent, Kozja Darzalas, Primarch of the Warbringers, struggles to hold the burgeoning Imperium together.
The Emperor's armies, the mighty and redoubtable Space Marines, are locked in an inter-legionary conflict; part stand-off and part punitive action. Once, these ultimate warriors fought side by side as brothers, protecting the galaxy and bringing mankind out of the era of Old Night and back into the Emperor’s light. Now they are divided.
Some remain loyal to the Emperor, whilst others have sided with Ixipatlan, the daemon-corrupted Primarch Socraes of the XIII Legion. Still, others follow their own agenda, forging their own path in an uncaring and unforgiving galaxy. Worlds across the Imperium are burning as it is thrust into a conflict that will engulf all mankind in fire. Treachery and betrayal has usurped honour and nobility. Armies are gathering for the final conflict to come. All must choose a side or die.
Tragically, the Throneworld falls to Ixipatlan, and those few Space Marine that remain loyal to the Emperor’s cause are forced to flee. Gathering their strength and biding their time to strike back at the Traitors, the Loyalists' are bolstered by the glorious return of the Master of Mankind, who was trapped within the Aeldari Webway. Leading those Legions still loyal to Him, the Emperor leads a desperate assault upon Terra itself, in order to cut the head from the snake, and end Ixipatlan's Deception once and for all. But His true enemy is Chaos, a primordial force that seeks to enslave mankind to its capricious whims.
As the screams of the innocent rises in a cacophony across the stars, the pleas of the righteous are downed out by the cruel laughter of Dark Gods. Eternal enslavement to the Ruinous Powers, and the suffering and damnation that will inevitably follow, await all should the Emperor fail and the war be lost.
The age of knowledge and enlightenment has ended.
The Age of Darkness has begun.
The Twenty Legions
II- Lightning Bearers
III- Crimson Lions
IV- Void Eagles
V- Anvil Bearers
VI- Iron Bears
VII- Berserkers of Uran
VIII- Monarchs of Denaus
IX- Grave Stalkers
X- Devourers of Irithon
XI- Wardens of Light
XII- Argent Scions
XIII- Eagle Warriors
XIV- Thunder Talons
XV- Sons of Solstice
XVI- Tyrant's Fists
XVIII- Steel Legion
XIX- Cardinal Guard
- Kozja Darzalas of the Warbringers
- Icarion Anasem of the Lightning Bearers
- Daer'dd Niimkiikaa of the Iron Bears
- Leonfrik Skira of the Anvil Bearers
- Bellucadrix of the Crimson Lions
- Socraes Traiver/Ixiptatlan of the Eagle Warriors
- Aladren Limos of the Devourers of Irithon
- Yucahu Sumakutaa of the Wings of Woe
- Gwalchavad of the Wardens of Light
- Karden Linnaeus of the Monarchs of Dernaus
- Haedran Durendal of the Cardinal Guard
- Ur-Suresh of the Tyrant's Fists
- Nomus Sardauk of the Steel Legion
- August Veramn of the Thunder Talons
- Raktra Akarro of the Berserkers of Uran
- Kuranos Hasthtir of the Dreamwalkers
- Aysen Craw of the Argent Scions
- Andezo Sambedi of the Predators
- Azothastra of the Sons of Solstice
- K'awil Pakal of the Grave Stalkers
Edited by bluntblade, 06 October 2020 - 02:53 PM.