Imperial Fists Techmarines question

nusphigor

Hello guys!

i am was looking at my techmarine and wondered, do Imperial Fists techmarines paint their armour red or keep it yellow with some stuff painted red?

What do you guys think?

is there any indication on any book about this?

I hope you can help me with this question.

Cheers!

I painted mine yellow. As I understand it without the codex astartes legions / companies where kind of free to paint their stuff whatever colour they wanted. I did my apothecaries in white with red insignia because thats just fitting for paramedics in my minds eye.

There's no hard and fast rule when it comes to the armor colors of Techmarines, Librarians and Apothecaries in 30k.

With regards to techmarines specifically, we only have one piece of black book artwork depicting one and its a Deathguard Blackshield masquerading as a Sons of Horus.

http://img1.reactor.cc/pics/post/Warhammer-40000-%D1%84%D1%8D%D0%BD%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%BC%D1%8B-forge-world-Wh-Books-2904739.jpeg

Essentially, you're basically free to paint them in any way you want but, a guideline I'd use personally is:

• The more Red that is incorporated into their armor the deeper their learning of the Mechanicum secrets is / the more loyal to the mechanicum they might be.

Its entirely your choice, i vary mine by Legion so the Iron Warriors have no red at all while the Alpha Legion ones had a few armour pieces. For Imperial Fists Red will go very well with his Yellow Brothers so id consider using a lot of it :) 

As Slips has said, the more red you incorporate the deeper a loyalty to Mars.

Given that the IF are as loyal as the day is long there’s nothing to stop you going full armour red etc. Or just a hint...whatever takes your fancy?

Maybe write up a brief character backstory and see how close he is to the workings of Mars? ;)

BCC