Chaplain Litanies: A discussion on ideal situations

Qui-Gon

No I mean the DeathWatch teleport homer. I usually bring a full vet squad with one biker and a couple termies. The homer is free so I always take it.

They do work defensively to bring back an over extended squad. But they also work offensively. It’s all situational, but I’ve used a vet squad to screen out my backfield from DS and then used the homer to redeploy them to the front line. Yes they disappear if your opponent gets within 9”, but they also allow you to get within 9” if they don’t.

And you can use them on terminator HQs. The requirement is that a unit needs to contain at least one model that is a DEATHWATCH (bold) terminator (not bolded). Terminator HQs are a unit with at least one model that has both the DEATHWATCH and terminator key words.

So basically you attack back in your deploy area when the enemy got in your home, or to retreat from the frontline to screen regroup and then attack again....by definition I would say it is a defensive usage, like Qui-gin stated. But I suppose everything is relative as Einstein said