Szeras!

Tyriks

Its gorgeous. I hope there is some new explanation behind his color scheme. He doesnt belong to a particular dynasty right? His old model was colored in sautekh, so I would like to see what this new scheme is more aligned with.

He is not tied to one Dynasty, that is correct.  I honestly think he is painted as Sautekh because when he came out Dynasties were a brand new concept and everything was painted as Sautekh by default.  Only Trazyn and Anrakyr were not painted as Sautekh.  But even then, his staff was not really in line with the Sautekh scheme.

I might never have a reason to field him, but that won't stop me from buying him.  Might even buy two since Necron character bits are so hard to come by.

I love the *look* of the model...

But man I am so confused as to what the new Szeras model is meant to be.

He looks like he has a warscythe....and a Staff of Light....along with a 9 inch aura to cause perils on doubles for psykers, implying he wants to be close....

But crypteks are hilariously squishy, and worse than IG company commanders in melee...how does one use a model like that?

I'm pretty excited about him!

Who knows if the rules will be worth power lists, but this is one of the rare cases where I want a model just for the modeling aspect.

I'll likely never paint it well enough but dangit, I want him. I love the blood mist ..drain effect they did

Well I'd say out of a lot of existing characters that got an update...he has def at the top for biggest change. I dont expect a pile of new rules, but I do expect an expansion in toughness and wounds. We went from the size of a marine to a dread.

I can't wait to get him. The one I have, fail cast, is so miscast. I'm glad he's the first of the plastic characters, I'll be able to field him with ombiance instead of camouflage. It looks amazing.

With Szeras getting his super size upgrade, he certainly won't be running as a regular Cryptek. He has got to be at least T6 at that size. And with such a short aura ability, my gut feeling is he'll be a melee Cron.

Spider legs hopefully means he'll be running up the board with no issue.

His aura is like all the other Necron auras. Half the size of everyone else’s lol.

I’m kind of hoping they’ll finally turn crypteks into semi-chaplains with a list of “litanies” to choose from. With Szeras being the name cryptek he’d get the ability to cast/know an additional or 2.

The relic/device he’s using to “suck up” that psyker is pretty cool

Through the teaser the narrator talks about being reduces to nothing. At first I thought it was referring to Necron gauss weapons. But it’s obviously talking about Szeras’s device that absorbs or devours the body.

I wonder if that will be a new twist on Necrons trying to reclaim there flesh bodies.

Unless you take Immortal Pride to give a character a deny bubble, yes, I believe he is.

Hopefully he is a herald of things to come (like, you know, actual pariahs). Very impressive model all the same! Can’t wait to see his full rules.

So, we can safely liken him to Fabius Bile only made of metal and possibly smarter...

The comparison is quite apt. One would hope though, as the engineer of biotransferrance, that Szeras has the edge in terms of knowledge but who knows. In Mephiston: Revenant Crusade, Mephiston has access to knowledge that the Cryptek character does not because he is a psyker. That Cryptek isn't at Szeras' level but still, I wouldn't be surprised to see humanity (or rather, super-humanity) befuddle a robot threat by being human (access to the Warp, irrational choices, other classic sci-fi stuff). The Necrons are they key to closing the Rift because of their knowledge of noctilith but their complete ignorance toward the powers offered by the Warp leave them vulnerable to the same thing they try to flex control over.