Tariana Palos - Made to Order Sister of Battle

Dosjetka

It’s kind of bull:cuss they took down Amulius right before they release this one. So you have to place two separate orders. And I’m sure this one will go down before the event exclusive Stormcast Knight Questor will be released. So that’s three separate shipping costs. What the :censored: G-Dubs?

I don't know where you're based, but some retailers in the UK (e.g. The Outpost) are allowing you to order them, generally with a (slight) discount.  If they're* allowing back-orders, you could add anything else you were after to get to the free shipping threshold, or ask them if they'll take multiple orders and allow you to merge them later to avoid postage costs? (I imagine a lot of businesses are willing to be flexible if it means more sales at the moment)

* by "they", I mean the retailler, not GW :)

Edited by Firedrake Cordova

It’s kind of bull:cuss they took down Amulius right before they release this one. So you have to place two separate orders. And I’m sure this one will go down before the event exclusive Stormcast Knight Questor will be released. So that’s three separate shipping costs. What the :censored: G-Dubs?

But you'll still buy it and give them those extra pennies, so they're not going to stop.

I ordered it, but I agree that shutting down the rest of the web store and therefore preventing getting to the free shipping level is a bit of a bad move. It's too good a model to pass up though ( and unexpected which is a bonus). Edited by Red_Shift

I ordered it, but I agree that shutting down the rest of the web store and therefore preventing getting to the free shipping level is a bit of a bad move. It's too good a model to pass up though ( and unexpected which is a bonus).

US store is free shipping is 65 dollars I think so if you ordered both you would get free shipping. I have mine being delivered to my local GW so it's free shipping anyway.

Glad GW left store-delivery in as an option, I just wish they hadn't taken everything else off the site so I could have ordered more stuff along with her (like Canoness Veridyan) and had it all delivered home instead...

are you confident that your local store will have the funds to re-open whenever the time finally comes? I know there are a lot of small businesses out there that lack the money to burn waiting for these lock-downs to end.

• 2 weeks later...
I’m in US, just paid for the Sister. It allowed me to choose $65 order basic free shipping, and it didn’t cost me anything. It was $37 & some change (due to taxes,) total, no charge for the basic Free shipping of $65 order.

• 5 weeks later...

Anyone hear any updates with this model and the TDA librarian? I'm seeing the Libby on ebay and some peoples WIPs on pinterest now.

I double checked the website and GW said they won't be shipping them until QTR 4 2020, so if we have any for sale they may be selling them early. Are they showing the actual model or just GW's studio picture?

Anyone hear any updates with this model and the TDA librarian? I'm seeing the Libby on ebay and some peoples WIPs on pinterest now.

I double checked the website and GW said they won't be shipping them until QTR 4 2020, so if we have any for sale they may be selling them early. Are they showing the actual model or just GW's studio picture?

Box in hand. Before the TDA libby thread was closed, there's pics in there too.

wow it is a nice model and it's nice to see so many well heeled fraters that can afford this expensive single model....:sweat:

I think it'd be smarter to buy a sisters box for not much more and convert one up...

but that's not the point of a one off collectible expensive figure...amirite :wink:

Mithril

wow it is a nice model and it's nice to see so many well heeled fraters that can afford this expensive single model....:sweat:

I think it'd be smarter to buy a sisters box for not much more and convert one up...

but that's not the point of a one off collectible expensive figure...amirite :wink:

Mithril

It was my only hobby purchase that paycheck, so it balanced out for me.

Not all of us are rich, some of us just budget our purchases.

Mithril

totally agree, though some of us need to balance the "worth" of those purchases too ..:sweat:

Mithril

Mithril

totally agree, though some of us need to balance the "worth" of those purchases too ..:sweat:

Mithril

"Worth" is intrinsic when it comes to things we like and may exceed the actual cost of the model in question.

-][- Ease it down a notch folks. Single piece exclusive models are a rare treat and it’s anyone’s choice to purchase them. No one should be making anyone else feel guilty for getting one or having to wait for one. Take your foot off the gas with this point as of now. -][-

BCC

I made the mistake of having the despatch address as being my nearest GW. Still, it'll be worth the wait to have two Sisters models...

I did this with the BanDai action figure and GW contacted me to ask if I wanted it sent to my home instead, maybe you will get this option too?

I ordered one of these; I posted in another thread, but I thought I would share this here too.

The model has a name, but in my army, she will be Sister Covid. That may sound trite at first, but hear me out.

I bought this model during Covid, more to help GW make it through the shut down than anything. I love the model, don't get me wrong, but I found the price a bit steep- but I knew that GW revenue at the time was in the tank. Interesting thing though; I also found that ordering the model made me feel "normal" at a time when there was very little to feel normal about.

And she is a Sister- a faction known for sacrifice. To me, she represents the sacrifice of our frontline health care and essential workers. She represents the loss of our elders. And every time I put her on the battlefield, even though I'll be doing one of the things in life that brings me the most happiness, there will be  a moment where I remember.

We aren't even really out of the woods yet, and things could worse again, so it's important to remember how we flattened our curve, and what must be done to maintain it.

I know that for some, this will border on poltics; it is not my intent to go down that rabbit hole, nor is it my intent to make anyone feel bad in any way. I just wanted to share with you what this model means to me personally.

TLDR: She is hope.

Edited by ThePenitentOne

I made the mistake of having the despatch address as being my nearest GW. Still, it'll be worth the wait to have two Sisters models...

I did this with the BanDai action figure and GW contacted me to ask if I wanted it sent to my home instead, maybe you will get this option too?

I hope I still live near the same store by the time they do this. I’m moving somewhat soon.