Jump to content

Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[OW] Die Hards: Eleventh Hour

Only War Only War RPG FFG Fantasy Flight Games Roleplay RPG Roleplaying Game Astra Militarum Imperial Guard Penal Legion

  • Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#26
Steel Company

Steel Company

    +FRATER DOMUS+

  • + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,206 posts
  • Location:Victoria BC Canada

With the rope up, she went over and collected some of the thicker vines, tying the ropes and vines together before around her, she took a deep breath and walked up to Lughead as she spoke in a sweet almost motherly tone to him, “Hey buddy, can you hold on to this end of the ropes and vines for me while I try to cross this gap and tie it up on the other end so we can get across?”

 

Breathing a sigh of relief as the mighty Ogrin took hold of the collection of ropes and vines before she started walking to the edge of the rock wall. Taking a deep breath to center herself before dropping everything but her rifle, she placed a hand and boot onto a hand hold and foot hold before starting to move across.

 

OOC:

Athletics Check +0

TN: 15

Altherics roll: 1d100 13

 

She could feel her hands slipping in some spots on the wet rocks, her boots slipping in a couple of spot, looking skywards she offered a wordless thanks to the Emperor for Lughead and his attentiveness with the ropes to keep her from falling.

 

Once on the other side, she found a thick heavy tree and attached one end of the rope to it, before retrieving the ropes from the other side and begun to set up a simple sling to help pull people across the rope.

 

Ooc:

Survival check?

TN: 15, untrained skill

Survival Role: 1d100 17

Fail, unless modifiers push it out past that. If needed will spend a fate point to make it a pass by raising the target number by 10.

 

Trusting in her rope and knot skills, she crawled onto the rope leading back across the gap, locking her ankles around the top of the rope and pulling herself along it back to the other side, knowing full well that this display may give a clue to what she used to do, something she had been going to great lengths to keep to herself.

 

OOC:

If check required

Athletics Check

TN: 15 base, untrained skill

Altherics roll: 1d100 14


Edited by Steel Company, 04 May 2020 - 05:35 PM.

  • Mazer Rackham and TechCaptain like this
To all you Space Wolf Players... Its called a Razor and the Soap isn't a Daemon.
--Dremen


The Iron Hands, they are the real emo marines. Seriously. The Dark Angels aren't the ones who sit around cutting off bits of themselves, wearing black, and complaining about weakness and ennui...

--Octavulg

#27
Commissar Molotov

Commissar Molotov

    +FRATER DOMUS+

  • + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,216 posts
  • Location:The Howling Stars
  • Faction: The Castigators
GM: Apologies for the delay in posting - here goes...
 
The former Storm Trooper is able to traverse the yawning gulf, having fashioned a framework of ropes to allow the squad to be shuttled across. Judge nods with satisfaction.
 
"That'll do. Good job."
 
"What order are we sending people across in?" 

  • Steel Company and Mazer Rackham like this
 
QUOTE (voi shet magir @ May 31 2011, 05:38 AM
That is an unexpectedly strong assertion from a dead person.

#28
Steel Company

Steel Company

    +FRATER DOMUS+

  • + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,206 posts
  • Location:Victoria BC Canada

Scarlett ran a hand through her hair as she started to put her body armour and kit back on, her brow knitting together as she thought on Judge’s question. With a heavy sigh she answered over her shoulder, “You and Whisper should go first, I follow along after. Then it should be Wild Eyes, Stims, Nearly and Walker… Last should be Lughead, if only for the reason if the ropes slip or he slips it’ll take most of us to hold the ropes.”

 

Snugging together the straps she looked over the squad as she asked, “Anyone against that order?”


Edited by Steel Company, 12 May 2020 - 02:41 PM.

  • Mazer Rackham and TechCaptain like this
To all you Space Wolf Players... Its called a Razor and the Soap isn't a Daemon.
--Dremen


The Iron Hands, they are the real emo marines. Seriously. The Dark Angels aren't the ones who sit around cutting off bits of themselves, wearing black, and complaining about weakness and ennui...

--Octavulg

#29
Beren

Beren

    +FRATER DOMUS+

  • + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,014 posts

Stimms looks up from where he's left an eclectic mix of non-vital gear scattered across the road. It would be their kind of infernal luck for them to leave them piled up all neat, have them survive the bombardment without a scratch, then for a Comissar to stumble across them and launch a full fledged investigation in who exactly had abandoned their God-Emperor blessed equipment in the middle of nowhere.

 

"Not from me. I was going to suggest Lug'ed out to go last anyway... just need to make sure Walker gets him to understand to hold on like hell, but not to pull at anything too hard."


  • Steel Company and TechCaptain like this

#30
Commissar Molotov

Commissar Molotov

    +FRATER DOMUS+

  • + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,216 posts
  • Location:The Howling Stars
  • Faction: The Castigators

w7AVaHL.png

 

The squad moves at Scarlet's recommendation - Judge and the blinded Whisper heading out across the rockface, then Scarlet herself. 

 

As Nearly crosses the bridge, there is the sudden creaking and cracking of rope - but not the ropes that Scarlet set up. 

 

Those of you with the wherewithal look up, to see the debris choked up in the waterfall raining down on the crossing. It makes sense, now, why the bridge was torn apart. The netting holding the debris back is cut loose, and you realise that you are in the midst of an ambush. If not, the sound of heavy Ork weaponry makes it abundantly clear. 

 

You hear Nearly shout with surprise, anger and fear, before he is lost to the crashing water of the falls below. 

 

COMBAT - ROUND ONE

Orks surprise the Guardsmen

 

Ork A: Shoota -

Half-Action Aim and then a Standard Attack against Lughead: BS47: 29 (HIT) 

Shoota does 1D10+4 Damage: 5 (9) 

Lughead has TB7 and Armour 4: 0 Damage Sustained 

 

 

Ork B: Shoota -

Half-Action Aim and then a Standard Attack against Scarlet: BS47: 7 (HIT)

Shoota does 1D10+4 Damage: 9 (13)

Scarlet has TB3 and Armour 4:  6 Damage Sustained

 

 

Ork C: Shoota -

Half-Action Aim and then a Standard Attack against Stimms: BS47: 77 (MISS) 

 

 

Ork D: Shoota -

Half-Action Aim and then a Standard Attack against Judge: BS47: 3 (HIT) 

Shoota does 1D10+4 Damage: 3 (7) 

Judge has TB3 and Armour 4: 0 Damage Sustained 

 

 

 

Roll initiative for the second round of combat..! 


  • Steel Company and TechCaptain like this
 
QUOTE (voi shet magir @ May 31 2011, 05:38 AM
That is an unexpectedly strong assertion from a dead person.

#31
Steel Company

Steel Company

    +FRATER DOMUS+

  • + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,206 posts
  • Location:Victoria BC Canada

Ooc:

Initive roll: 1d10+3 8

Going on 8 it seems,

 

Wounds 9/15

Fate 9/10

Actions for round 2

Half move to cover

Standard attack

 

She could feel something wasn’t right as soon as her boots touched down on the grass on the other side, but it was the searing pain in her side that brought her around to what was wrong. Gritting her teeth together she made a quick dash behind one of the thicker trees.

 

Placing the palm of her left hand down to the warm wet spot she could feel against her skin, she saw some blood, cursing to herself for being sloppy like this, she was never this sloppy on deployments with D-82, more involuntarily she muttered out, “I would love to have my carapace armour right about now…”

 

Taking a deep breath, she leaned out from behind the safety of the tree to draw a line on the Green Skin that had landed a shot….

 

Ooc:

BS test: Single shot as per OW rule book

TN: 62 (BS 42+10 single shot +10 short range)

BS test: 1d100 52 Pass, just…

Location: 25; Left arm

Las Gun, middle power setting as per pervious post

DMG: 1d10+4 (1d10+3 +1 from middle power setting, uses 2 shots)

Lasgun damage: 1d10+4 6

Pen: 0

 

If attack landed, but did nothing:

 

Spoiler

 

If attack landed, but did damage:

 

Spoiler

 

If attack missed:

 

Spoiler

  • TechCaptain likes this
To all you Space Wolf Players... Its called a Razor and the Soap isn't a Daemon.
--Dremen


The Iron Hands, they are the real emo marines. Seriously. The Dark Angels aren't the ones who sit around cutting off bits of themselves, wearing black, and complaining about weakness and ennui...

--Octavulg

#32
Beren

Beren

    +FRATER DOMUS+

  • + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,014 posts

Stimms has his pack shouldered when the shooting starts. Bulbous green shapes seem to bulge out from the water, their bellowing drowning out the fall's own roar. Stuttering light blazes from their hands.

 

That's all Stimms manages to see before a shot cracks into the ground next to him, then he's sprinting to the cliff face and swearing as he does so, watching for any rocks they might try to drop on him in the process.

 

OC:

​Initiative Roll- 1d10+3 = 2+3 = 5


  • TechCaptain likes this





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Only War, Only War RPG, FFG, Fantasy Flight Games, Roleplay, RPG, Roleplaying Game, Astra Militarum, Imperial Guard, Penal Legion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users