[IG2020] Jenius Knight Academy - Allies and Graduates

Focslain

So as part of the Iron Gauntlet challenge we have to paint up models from our organization. Since I have already completed 1 Dominus, 3 Questoris and 6 armigars in the house colours I wanted to work on other schemes.

I already had a plan for this, since my Knight house is based on a school to train pilots and support personal, why not do other knights piloted by graduates that went on their own.

Kind of like freeblades, but still supported by the main house. Thieu main goal to protect the planet they are assigned to after graduation.

I already have a few ideas for these garrison lances. Most anime based and will not see the table for years down the line, but that's how I do these things. Go big or go home as they say. Let's not even touch how big the house army will be.

The first one here is a green/ghost knight group.

I'm doing a test pattern on a armigar before I commit to the larger paladin knight.

Gkwarglaivewip2

I do have a wip on the lance leader. A paladin class that I'm going to have the CCW magged to either the lance (shown) or a mace. They will count as a reaper chainsword and thunderfist gauntlet respectively.

Paladin1

Bases will have lots of foliage, I'm even looking at a small tree on the base of the helverin planned for the force.

Along side this I'll be painting a moriax armigar for my wolf knight lance. Pilots for the armigars are grads of the JKA and the pilot of the styrix is a founding member.

Wmoriaxbase

Added plans
If this lockdown thing ends before the painting phase of the challenge is over I have funds set aside for getting some moriaxes which will be in the house colours. I planned to have at least two squads with magged weapons.

If curious at other lances planned:

"Gallant Ones" lance - 3 gallants and a Valiant.

Gallants holding the tools used by the Hikeshi, japanese firefighters of the Edo period. Their demo technic of fire fighting also adds to the valiant being included. The inspiration for this being the song

from the Promare movie.

IBO lance - Lancer and a squad of dual wielding moriaxes and/or helverins.

So while watching Iron-blooded Orphans the thought came to me to try and make the lead mecha Barbatos from a Lancer. Have this supported by ranged focused armigars to represent the mobile workers. I'd also have to make the armigars tracked which might be a challenge in finding/making the proper sized ones. If done right it would represent the force from the anime nicely.

• 2 weeks later...