Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Blood Angels - 750pt. Starter List

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

jaywally

jaywally

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8 posts

I've been away from the hobby for a few years and just put this list together.

I'm hoping to put a good starter list together that I can add to over time.

Looking for help / comments. Thank you! 

Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Blood Angels) [57 PL, 747pts, -1CP] 

HQ

Captain: Gift of Foresight, Bolt pistol, Death Visions of Sanguinius [-1CP], Frag & Krak grenades, Jump Pack, Storm shield, The Angel's Wing (replaces jump pack), Thunder hammer, Warlord

Lieutenant: Bolt pistol, Frag & Krak grenades, Jump Pack, Lightning Claws

Elites

x10 Death Company w/ Jump Packs
---x6 armed with chainswords and bolt pistols
---x4 armed with power swords and bolt pistols

x5 Sanguinary Guard with jump packs armed with power axes and bolt guns

x5 Vanguard Veteran Squad with jump packs armed with Thunder hammer and storm shields.  

The Unseen

The Unseen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,535 posts
  • Faction: Charnel Guard
Hey Jaywally, this is a blank post?
Least it is for me.

"For the Emperor and Sanguinius! Death! DEATH!"

t-dog1996

t-dog1996

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 292 posts

I would recommend having a battalion as your starting force, with more detachments being added to that as you build up. The battalion will give you a 8 command points, which will give you free rein to use all our cool stratagems that really take us to the next level. 

Starting with a smash captain is good, but I would have the Lieutenant on foot with more of a ranged build accompanying some Intercessors. If for example you gave him a master crafted boltgun and maybe a power sword alongside two squads of Intercessors with auto-bolt rifles you'd have a solid core of troops.

With Slamguinius, Lieutenant with a MC Boltgun and Power Sword and two squads of Intercessors you'd have spent 390 points. Add to that a basic Scout squad with combat blades and you have your battalion, giving you 255 to spend elsewhere. The Sanguinary Guard are a good idea, but give them power fists instead of axes. Compared to the axes the fists have much better strength and AP, and the -1 to hit penalty isn't that much of a problem with the Heirs to Azkaellon rule giving them rerolls so long as you keep them near the Captain.

Then with the remaining 110 you could buy a 5 man squad of Death Company with power swords. Most people go with chainswords with a thunder hammer every 5 guys but I find power swords are brutal on Death Company. You already have your captain and sang guard to deal with heavier stuff. The Scouts and Intercessors can handle lighter horde units easily enough. The Death Company with power swords can be your anti-marine guys. They'll rip right through 3+ saves.

Hope this was helpful, and welcome back to the hobby!

"They are the sons of the Angel, the blooded host, the defenders of Humanity. They are strength. They are nobility. They are the Blood Angels, and I say to you there are no more loyal or determined servants of the Emperor alive today."

jaywally

jaywally

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8 posts

Thanks for the replies. In the interim I've been tinkering with this list. Before I read any comments, I changed it up as follows... 

Vanguard Detachment 750pts 

HQ

x1 Captain with Jump Pack armed with SS and TH 

x1 Priest with Jump Pack armed with PS and bolt pistol 

Elites

x10 Death Company with Jump Packs armed with chainswords and bolters.  

x5 Vanguard Veterans with Jump Packs armed with power axes and SS's. Sergeant with Relic blade and melta bombs. 

x5 Sanguinary Guard with Jump Packs all armed with power axes. x3 armed with Plasma guns, x2 with boltguns  

X1 Sanguinary Ancient (Warlord) with Jump Pack armed with Power Fist, boltgun, and Standard of Sacrifice 

1s=heretical

1s=heretical

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 30 posts

Hey Jaywally, this is a blank post?
Least it is for me.

Just select all over the blank area. The lettering is white

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users