Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Initial Thousand Sons 1500

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Xenith

Xenith

++ NETATOR FEROCIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 11,466 posts

Sorry if youre trying to read this on the mobile version, wouldnt let me work with the normal forum colours.

I tried my hand at making a rough 1500pt list for the Thousand Sons that I could aim toward painting. The list is far from optimised, but I really have no idea what I'm doing with TS this edition. making armies is hard when you have to think of so many powers. So my questions are:

1) Do I use ahriman as the magic machine gun, or buffing agent, and use a Devastating magic+arcane focus exalted to do the mortal wounds?

2) I know a single mauler is silly, but it's what I have. Hellbrute will move forwards also. 

3) 2x small units of TS for smite spam or one larger for resilience?

4) lots of points in the scarabs and termie sorcerer to keep them alive - bad idea?

Any input is welcome!

+++ Thousand Sons Test (Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition) [87 PL, 1,342pts] +++

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Chaos - Thousand Sons) [87 PL, 1,342pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Cults of the Legion: Cult of Magic

+ HQ +

Ahriman on Disc of Tzeentch [9 PL, 166pts]: Doombolt, Infernal Gaze, Tzeentch's Firestorm

Exalted Sorcerer on Disc of Tzeentch [8 PL, 143pts]: 6. High Magister, Arcane Focus, Force stave, Prescience, Warlord, Warpflame Pistol, Warptime

Sorcerer in Terminator Armour [8 PL, 111pts]: Force stave, Glamour of Tzeentch, Inferno Combi-bolter, Weaver of Fates

+ Troops +

Chaos Cultists [3 PL, 42pts]
. 8x Chaos Cultist w/ Autogun: 8x Autogun
. Chaos Cultist w/ special weapon: Heavy stubber
. Cultist Champion: Autogun

Chaos Cultists [3 PL, 42pts]
. 8x Chaos Cultist w/ Autogun: 8x Autogun
. Chaos Cultist w/ special weapon: Heavy stubber
. Cultist Champion: Autogun

Rubric Marines [7 PL, 91pts]
. Aspiring Sorcerer: Force stave, Warpflame Pistol
. 4x Rubric Marine w/ Inferno Boltgun: 4x Inferno boltgun

Rubric Marines [7 PL, 91pts]
. Aspiring Sorcerer: Force stave, Warpflame Pistol
. 4x Rubric Marine w/ Inferno Boltgun: 4x Inferno boltgun

+ Elites +

Helbrute [7 PL, 101pts]: Helbrute plasma cannon, Power scourge

Scarab Occult Terminators [22 PL, 364pts]: 2x Hellfyre Missile Rack
. Scarab Occult Sorcerer: Force stave, Inferno Combi-bolter, Temporal Manipulation
. 9x Terminator: 9x Inferno Combi-bolter, 9x Powersword

+ Heavy Support +

Maulerfiend [9 PL, 122pts]: Lasher tendrils

+ Dedicated Transport +

Chaos Rhino [4 PL, 69pts]: Combi-bolter, Combi-bolter

Created with BattleScribe

Edited by Xenith, 24 April 2020 - 07:31 AM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageXX

++ The Baalite Feast of Blades 2016; 2018 ++

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 15,455 posts

I don't think there's anything wrong with the list. I would however always try to get a familiar in on a Termie Sorc. It's just such a good piece of wargear it's pretty much an autoinclude  for me.

• Xenith likes this

Click to see....
gallery_2760_14273_30255.jpg
Instagram: @Prot40k

Xenith

Xenith

++ NETATOR FEROCIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 11,466 posts

I don't think there's anything wrong with the list. I would however always try to get a familiar in on a Termie Sorc. It's just such a good piece of wargear it's pretty much an autoinclude  for me.

Ah yes, I'm sure I checked that box on battlescribe - either way I still have 150pts or so to play with - what would you add?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageXX

++ The Baalite Feast of Blades 2016; 2018 ++

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users