Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

+++E Tenebrae Lux VIII - Important Announcement+++

ETL VIII ETL

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 16,585 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

gallery_48988_15465_52160.png

ETL VIII POSTPONED!

DUE TO NURGLE ASSAULT

Well, we are all aware of the Covid-19 situation and its deadly consequences. Apart from the terrible toll on human life, there is also another, less macabre, yet highly disrupting side-effect: the lockdown! Now the lockdown affects business', livelihoods and our everyday social life.

The ensuing social distancing might be interpreted by many as an ideal time to sit down and paint their stash, with all the free time that all of a sudden is generated. But there is a catch.

As regards our hobby, the lockdown resulted in the disruption of GW sales chain, its shops closed down as did its e-shop. That means no new minis, no paints, no new brushes, in short: no fresh hobby supplies unless they come in digital form.

Add to that that the lockdown extends to the local hobby shops as well, it appears that people can indeed paint their stash but they cannot buy new minis and if they run out of paints, glue or brushes, they just cannot replace them - at least not as easily.

Now it is possible, indeed probable, that the measures will be relaxed going forward but it is unclear as to when, and in which geographies. In fact it is quite possible that some governments will be relaxing their social-distancing measures before others, depending on the progress of the pandemic in their countries. And even when GW is allowed to return to business as usual, it will take some time before the backlog is taken care of and the entire process normalises. 

The ETL is based very much on people having as level a playing field as possible. This extra complication will have an uneven impact on the B&C community thus taking away one of the major characteristics of the event that make it so popular. As such, I'm postponing the event and it will NOT run in its usual time-slot May-Aug. One option is to run the event in Sep-Dec slot if normality has returned or skip 2020 altogether and go for 2021. 

I will re-evaluate the situation by the end of August and keep everyone informed. 

In the mean time, I'm sure that the Inner Circle will provide something to keep the insatiable thirst for the hobby of the B&C Community busy! The Master  of the Arsenal seems quite busy as of late...

Captain Semper

Member of the Inner Circle

The Master of Recruits

• Azaiel, Warhead01, Chaeron and 29 others like this

Axineton

Axineton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,613 posts

Cheers for letting us know Cap! Probably for the best mate. Gutted personally as I was gonna vow to the dirty Xenos faction this year biggrin.png  but not to worry. 

• Captain Semper and Lord Marshal like this

gallery_48988_15094_3577.pnggallery_48988_15094_2023.pnggallery_48988_15094_1196.pnggallery_48988_15094_7762.pnggallery_48988_15094_8206.pnggallery_48988_15094_7830.pnggallery_48988_15094_4892.png

'Show me one who mocks the Harlequins as Clowns, and I shall show you a corpse in the making'

- Autarch Antelyth Thyllian Of Craftworld Saim-Hann.

DeRome90

DeRome90

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 151 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines, Iron Warriors

And I hoped to redeem myself during ETL for my failiure during Titans of Heresy and Loyalty & Treachery. 
But thanks for the heads up.

• Captain Semper likes this

Ultramarines 3rd Company                                  Iron Warriors 55th Great Company

servitor

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,145 posts

Semper, perhaps instead of completely postponing it, it starts to coincide with when Games Workshop re-opens? They're tentatively opening some shops now, but nothing fully opened again as of yet. Just a suggestion is all

• Captain Semper and DeRome90 like this

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,545 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard

ETL VIII POSTPONED!

DUE TO NURGLE ASSAULT

So Chaos wins again?? :D

• Chaeron, RolandTHTG, Captain Semper and 10 others like this

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

''Help! Help! I'm being repressed!!!'' - Dennis the Peasant, England. 932 A.D.

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 16,585 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

We will be monitoring the developments closely and when things return to normality, we will take action! pirate.gif

Kenzaburo

Kenzaburo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 397 posts
  • Faction: Adeptus Custodes

Ah, when I saw the thread, I thought it was the greatest time of the year again - I had been looking forward to it. Still, I completely understand your reasoning. Thanks for the update, Cap, and being an ever mindful event organiser! 

• Captain Semper and Brother-Captain Gilead like this

Visit my painter profile on Instagram: https://www.instagra...gfused.painter/

gallery_48988_15465_14148.png gallery_48988_15465_5251.png gallery_48988_16045_16337.png

My Titanicus Plog  My Ultramarines Primaris Plog

Lexington

Lexington

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,580 posts
  • Faction: Orks!

Definitely the right decision, thanks for keeping us all up to date!

gallery_23421_16101_14266.png

Darnok

Darnok

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 774 posts
  • Faction: CSM, Daemons

A sensible decision. Thanks for keeping everybody updated! thumbsup.gif

Arendious

Arendious

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 315 posts
  • Faction: Umbral Owls
Good call.

If the Lion can self-quarantine for ten-thousand years, I think we'll be able to manage to wait a few months.
  • Captain Semper, Grotsmasha and mooftak like this

"Take this, thy reflector belt, that the Emperor's Holy Light will shine in all the places that you go."  ~Commissar Lemay, Imperial Flying Corpsgallery_48988_6285_18080.png

Interrogator Stobz

Interrogator Stobz

++ VILICUS PISCARIAM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,085 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels since RT.

Stay Safe.

• Captain Semper and Brother-Captain Gilead like this

Be Pure, Be Vigilant, Behave.

gallery_48988_15465_19298.pngETL_2013_04_Primus_Inter_Pares.jpgImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2013B.gifImg_CH00_08Awards_05f_PtR_2012.gifETL_Medal_06.gifsml_gallery_48988_16045_3749.png

Stobz'z DAngles

Chaeron

Chaeron

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,320 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

Will hope to look forward to this running later in the year! :)

bdbspeeddemon.pnggallery_48988_15465_14148.png?w=330l_t_3_2017_badge_06_magos.jpg?w=100etl_2016_badge_09_badge_of_the_martyr.jpetl_2018_medal_01_custos_fidei_05.gif?w=etl_2016_medal_01_custos_fidei05.gif?w=3call_of_chaos_9_medal_01f.gif?w=33gallery_29004_10383_2014.png?w=33sml_gallery_29004_10691_4416.png?w=33gallery_29004_9903_10777.png?w=33gallery_29004_10383_9506.png?w=33gallery_29004_6198_5690.png?w=33img_ch00_08awards_07_coc_2013.gif?w=33img_ch00_08awards_06_etl_2013e.gif?w=33

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,661 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard, 3rd Grand Company

We will be monitoring the developments closely and when things return to normality, we will take action! pirate.gif

I will save my Knights until then.

Check out my Photobucket Here
 DuskRaider's 40K Nurgle: An Experiment in Flesh and Machine (House Makabius & Dark Mechanicum WIP currently)

In Service of the Death Lord: DuskRaider's Adeptus Titanicus Project

DuskRaider's 30K Word Bearers Force

DuskRaider's 3rd Grand Company Death Guard Legion Force

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

Chaoself

Chaoself

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 126 posts
God Decision. Stay Safe. Then ETL comes we will be ready. :)

gallery_122412_15999_6526.png

Ascanius

Ascanius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,210 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion

A sensible decision, Semper. Looking forward to participating in the next one, however long it may be!

Chaplain Grey Raven

Chaplain Grey Raven

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,044 posts
  • Faction: Consecrators

Too bad even the event had to be postponed, but it works out well for me. Being one of the 'essential workers', I've never worked more hours in my life. I wouldn't have been able to participate. Looking forward to when it's finally all over and we can all start painting.

• Captain Semper, Viridia, Akylas and 1 other like this

gallery_92826_13373_1665.jpggallery_92826_13373_2084.jpggallery_92826_13373_141.jpggallery_48988_15200_2138.pnggallery_48988_15493_11529.pnggallery_69091_12729_1587.gifgallery_48988_15465_13594.pnggallery_92826_13373_2576.gifgallery_92826_13373_495.gifgallery_92826_13373_3441.gifgallery_92826_13373_5704.png

Spacecow

Spacecow

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 231 posts
I won’t lie. I was looking forward to it. I was quietly building a small force of tyranids 😁.
But although the warp might’ve distorted the ETL for now. The great devourer will come.

Thanks for the update !
gallery_48988_15465_9161.png

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,545 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.

Actually good job its delayed, I am out of rattlecans and abbadon black... Gonna need a lot of paints before I can even think of starting any new units... 

Need to buy new units too actually :lol:

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

Blog - Gates of Helvete

Dread

Dread

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,227 posts
  • Faction: Craftworld Nebula
I've got plenty ready for when it starts. Now just wait....
gallery-48988-15465-6059.jpggallery-48988-16308-20607.png

I have come to kick ass and chew bubble gum! And I'm fresh outta bubble gum.

I like the way they pop.

ORDER OF THE CERULEAN SHROUD (SISTERS), NECRONS (ILLUMINOR'S MINIONS)
FROSEN STARS (HARLEQUINS), SAIM-HANN (CRAFTWORLD), DARK ELDAR
NIGHTLORDS,

PeteySödes

PeteySödes

++ FERRARII CONQUISITOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,271 posts

Actually good job its delayed, I am out of rattlecans and abbadon black... Gonna need a lot of paints before I can even think of starting any new units...

Now you’re just bragging... ;)
  • Captain Semper and Slave to Darkness like this

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,677 posts

I went on a eBay adventure to find Abaddon black at normal pricing. Was surprisingly hard for a few days
banana

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,545 posts

Need to buy new units too actually laugh.png

Now you’re just bragging... msn-wink.gif

Not because I have got through my pile of shame, had to sell some stuff off a while ago... I have noticed though I only have one troop choice for my Slaanesh army, gonna need some more Marine squads, Cultists (joy) and fancy a few more Spawn as well, at least I can build and convert them now so I dont eat into painting time with sculpting and bits hunting. 

Ngl I can feel the pre ETL buzz building... Time to dig out all my bits boxes

• PeteySödes and Captain Semper like this

Blog - Gates of Helvete

Semper Fortis

Semper Fortis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 591 posts
  • Faction: VII Legion & Dark Angels
Excellent decision, Cap'n. I'm sure that one guy who has everything he needs for ETL wouldn't have much fun "competing" alone. I'm out of Averland Sunset and that's a crisis for an Imperial Fists aficionado.

I look forward to seeing the machinations of the Master of the Arsenal, but I do hope we can manage the Oct-Dec slot for ETL. I'd hate to miss it altogether this year.

And on a semi-related topic, my sympathies to my Dark Angel brothers who have been waiting so many years for HH book 9. It seems a gross injustice that Nurgle has further delayed it.
"Semper Fortis" is the motto of the United States Navy, but please just call me Fortis
gallery_45765_12908_1745.pnggallery_45765_12339_1383.pnggallery_86689_11936_33283.jpggallery_86689_11936_2602.pnggallery_86689_11936_39392.pnggallery_86689_11936_1074.png

jeremy1391

jeremy1391

++ LIBRITOR VALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,131 posts
  • Faction: Knights/imperial fists
I can understand the reasoning but I’m personally very sad because I have all the free time and a mountain of minis and literally pounds/kg of paint and supplies lol.
  • Captain Semper, Gederas and Akylas like this

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,145 posts

I can understand the reasoning but I’m personally very sad because I have all the free time and a mountain of minis and literally pounds/kg of paint and supplies lol.

Same here frater, same here... :lol:

• Captain Semper and Brother Haim like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ETL VIII, ETL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users