Battle Reports and WIP Thread: Taskforce 141; US Military Theme

Hiroitchi

You did great work on the various models. I commend your skills and efforts.

Hey man thanks so much.. getting alot done lately. I have 1 Infantry Squad and 1 Heavy Weapons squad to go. Pretty Stoked.

In the meantime here are progress pictures of what I have been up to the past couple of days.

gallery_61925_16336_180392.jpg

Added Tesseract glow on my green panels. So far Happy with the results.

gallery_61925_16336_252966.jpg

Then I started to work on adding the same glow to all the stuff that has green panels or green lenses.

gallery_61925_16336_109325.jpg

Marine Command Elements of two Command Squads, a Commander, Lieutenant/XO, Officer of the Fleet, and a Master of Ordinance. Then I even squeezed in a Sniper Squad.

gallery_61925_16336_59270.jpg

Then someone asked me how the tesseract glow would look with a white base color. Its pretty cool.

gallery_61925_16336_229745.jpg

Then I finished the Command Team and now working on the last Command Elements.

I've completed these hours before the timing of this post. I just didn't take pictures just yet. I'll compile the more progress pictures of the last two squads to paint. I think I'll purchase two more Infantry squads later.

Everything you’ve posted in this thread is amazing. I really love what you’ve done with the Taurox models in particular.

The Kasrkin are my favorite imperial guard infantry models and your paint jobs have done them incredible justice.

• 3 weeks later...

Impressive work. I applaud your painting and detailing skills.

Everything you’ve posted in this thread is amazing. I really love what you’ve done with the Taurox models in particular.

The Kasrkin are my favorite imperial guard infantry models and your paint jobs have done them incredible justice.

thanks for the kind words fellas.. I have reached the end of my collection.. well sort of. waiting for another surprise in the mail. More to follow soon. I'll post pictures of the last things painted on pertaining to my US Marine themed guardsmen. 

I've been toying with a 2k list idea involving 2x marauder bombers, 1x Marauder destroyer, 2x Vultures, 1x Lightning, 1x tempestor prime, and 1 five man squad to fill out a super heavy detachment and a patrol detachment. I might be crazy enough to do it. lol

• 2 weeks later...

Love all of this.

Love the detail. Love the decals. I ~especially~ love all the stowage!

Brings back some memories of my own time in uniform.

Edit: I forgot to mention I love that you also have Lady Creedence from Victoria Minis!

Edited by The Mad Hermit

Its been almost 2 weeks with no update.. seriously Hiro, what is up with that. I wanted to post another proper battle report, but instead this will be a brief photo dump of what I have been up to.. crazy eh?

Good god, duz just mentioned this thread to me and I'm trying to pick my jaw up off the floor. So many great models, love seeing all the details that you've added.

Hey I appreciate that man, I am almost at a whole regiment. Which is crazy to me since I started this back in April.

These are great. Wish they had continued the karskin models.

Yeah pretty much that's it for Kasrkin Models for me. Sad, but eh it was a fun trip getting those models done. Now I have my regular guardsment to paint up in the US Marine theme.

Love all of this.

Love the detail. Love the decals. I ~especially~ love all the stowage!

Brings back some memories of my own time in uniform.

Edit: I forgot to mention I love that you also have Lady Creedence from Victoria Minis!

I still have to add some "rope for those stowage because well. That's another project for another time.

Well enough with the call back, how about I show you some of the completed stuff these past two weeks? I hope you guys can enjoy them as much as it was enjoyable building and painting them.

Now I did finish all the models I am going to show ya'll today, but these pictures are of varying degrees of progress. The pictures presented are models at 80%-100% complete. As always constructive C and C is always welcome

gallery_61925_16336_148181.jpg

Infantry WIP

gallery_61925_16336_222761.jpg

New bases for my Marauders. yes I did say Marauders.... lol I wanted more flair so I made the bases look more thematic. Speaking of which I changed the bases out for my Vultures

gallery_61925_16336_79487.jpg

So got new bases and I dremel'd a slot to make it easir and stability for the bases. Notice there's three... haha

gallery_61925_16336_69500.jpg

I bought something from eBay that I couldnt resist. Here are 9x Mars Alpha Patten Leman Russ tanks. During the build process I found out that I was supplied with an incomplete tank. Easy fix.

gallery_61925_16336_157047.jpg

After Building three of these guys, I ended up building all 9. I even have extra Turrets to cover the Tank Commander.

gallery_61925_16336_88065.jpg

Color scheme and slight weathering prior to doing the same for the other 6.

gallery_61925_16336_226705.jpg

Built all 9 and started the painting process.

gallery_61925_16336_207149.jpg

Made some Custom Decals for well upcoming and current projects

gallery_61925_16336_305182.jpg

I decided to shift slightly away from my theme because I thought this was the coolest thing.

gallery_61925_16336_55395.jpg

Applied some of the decals and to hide it, I am going to weather it.

gallery_61925_16336_219965.jpg

Demolisher Barrel Names

gallery_61925_16336_26679.jpg

Battle Cannon Barrel Names

gallery_61925_16336_51490.jpg

Vanquisher Barrel Names

gallery_61925_16336_307267.jpg

Dozer Blade art. I'll leave ya'll with this. I put some art on the dozer blade with weathering. Hope you guys enjoyed this. See in perhaps another two weeks lol. If you cant wait follow me on Instagram, same name. lol Thanks for looking through.

Lets see my Collection so far has the following since I started collecting guard in April.

HQ-

3x Tempestor Primes (painted)

1x Commissar (painted)

1x Severina Raine/Lord Commisar (painted)

3x Tank Commanders (painted)

1x Company Commander (painted)

Elites-

1x Master of Ordinance (painted)

1x Master of the Fleet (painted)

1x Platoon Commander (painted)

2x Command Squads (painted)

1x Kasrkin Command Squad (painted)

Troops-

3x 10 man Kasrkin Squads (painted)

3x 5 man Kasrkin Squads (painted)

6x Cadian Infantry Squads (50% Complete)

Dedicated Transports:

4x Taurox Primes (painted)

3x Chimeras (painted)

Heavy Support-

1x Heavy Weapons Squad (50% Complete)

9x Leman Russ (painted)

9x Alpha Pattern Leman Russ (painted)

3x Armageddon Pattern Basilisks (painted )

3x Armageddon Pattern Medusa (Incomplete)

Flyers-

3x Valkyries (painted)

1x Vendetta (75% Complete)

3x Vulture Gunships (painted)

1x Thunderbolt Heavy Fighter (painted)

1x Lightning Strike Fighter (painted)

1x Avenger Strike Fighter (painted)

Lord of War-

1x Baneblade (painted)

1x Stormlord (painted)

1x Shadowsword/Banesword (painted)

1x Marauder Bomber/Destroyer (painted)

1x Marauder Bomber (Incomplete)

1x Marauder Destroyer (Incomplete)

Updated; 09/23/2020

Edited by Hiroitchi

Amazing! Love everything about this thread, from start to finish the level of quality is amazing and only gets better!

I am truly inspired by the tiny details you bring into your minis, especially the cockpits and helmets of the pilots! And by far my favorite part of the threat was the tiny and stupendous amount of detail you put into the interior of the valkyries!!! :biggrin.: !!! Amazing and inspiring, I have gotten so many good ideas for future orky projects!

Thanks for posting, looking forward to seeing what you come up with as this project continues!

• 2 weeks later...

So I've been busy with life and I had to make choices, do I post or do I keep trucking along with my collection. Well its been awhile and this is what I have been up to enjoy.

gallery_61925_16336_298098.jpg

So Here is what I was considering for a 2k list. Competative, no. Looks great, I think so. lol. I completed a Shadowsword.

gallery_61925_16336_62429.jpg

Recently started work on my Armageddon Pattern Medusa

gallery_61925_16336_130080.jpg

Speaking of Armageddon Patterns, here are the finished Basilisks.

gallery_61925_16336_189626.jpg

I even finished an Avenger Strike Fighter.

gallery_61925_16336_148073.jpg

Speaking of Fighters here is a Thunderbolt, Lightning Strike Fighter, and that Avenger Strike Fighter you saw above.

gallery_61925_16336_23169.jpg

Here is the right side picture of the Air Wing that I sadly I cant field as a detachment in 9th. lol

gallery_61925_16336_286328.jpg

Yes this is a Baneblade... started work on this and finished. I call this baby "Equal Rights"

gallery_61925_16336_266085.jpg

So I wanted to depict a interesting take on a hunter killer missile, so I gave the Tank Commander a Missile Launcher. I had spares.

gallery_61925_16336_155352.jpg

Got some practice with how to paint lenses.

gallery_61925_16336_90492.jpg

So far I happen to have enjoyed painting this piece.

gallery_61925_16336_162127.jpg

You'd think I learn from painting 3x Valkyries, 3x Vultures, and the rest of my aircrafts I currently own I dont spray varnish on canopies. So I painted over it. Hope it turned out okay on this Vendetta.

gallery_61925_16336_230585.jpg

Decided my list needed some Gryphonne Pattern Chimeras, so I used the bits I had left and went with it.

I'll try to get better at posting on a regular, but I have been keeping busy. Getting close to completing 12k+ points worth of guard that I started in April.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you all for the kind words, seriously, thank you. As I draw closer to the end of my collection, I find myself enjoying Guard more so than I thought I would. Its truly been a labor of love. here is what I have been working on so far.

gallery_61925_16336_66041.jpg

Knight Commander Pask

gallery_61925_16336_170900.jpg

SGT Ripper Jackson WIP

gallery_61925_16336_126413.jpg

Gryphonne Patten Chimera Conversion.

gallery_61925_16336_186174.jpg

and lastly all the Guard vehicles I have painted up since starting this collection back in April 2020. Enjoy!