Battle Reports and WIP Thread: Taskforce 141; US Military Theme

Hiroitchi

Thanks for the kind words guys, helps me get through this collection. I have 2 models left to build and paint. Those are the marauders. I think what I’m going to do is turn one into a crashed tile. I’ll build the maruader destroyer for sure but... still deciding.

As for the Baneblade turrets, they are for Gryphonne pattern Chimeras which at the release of the new imperial armor, it is going into legends. So back to the drawing board lol.

I added more to the Regiment.. Hope you enjoy the progress

gallery_61925_16336_47561.jpg

Kitbashed count as Earthshaker carriages

gallery_61925_16336_173292.jpg

Rear View of the kitbash

gallery_61925_16336_142018.jpg

Cyclops Demolition Vehicle Kitbash WIP

gallery_61925_16336_126191.jpg

Chimera Kitbash since I had the turrets for my Gryphonne Pattern/Storm Chimeras. Now that the Compendium and out and the FW Legends FAQ well there isn't a twin heavy bolter turret chimera option.

Hope you guys enjoy, more updates to follow and well more painting to be done.

Chimera Kitbash since I had the turrets for my Gryphonne Pattern/Storm Chimeras. Now that the Compendium and out and the FW Legends FAQ well there isn't a twin heavy bolter turret chimera option.

Twin Heavy Bolter is in the Legends pdf, pg 64 under the options for Chimeras.

Twin Heavy Bolter is in the Legends pdf, pg 64 under the options for Chimeras.

Yeah noticed it but its in legends so my gaming group doesnt play legends so.... its pretty much dead to me lol.

Great kit bashing, I particularly like the Cyclops, nice work and imagination :thumbsup:

Thanks man

Good work on the kitbash 

Ive been looking at using mine upside down (so the big bits at the bottom) and turning them into weapon platforms like the old Rapier

oh the rapier... good classic... its been ages since I have heard that model

Gotta love some Artillery!

Very well done on the conversions.

thanks man, I started work on adding the crew

So been pretty busy with my Collection. Up and decided to build it up more. I know crazy eh? well here are elements from Easy Battery, Task Force 141's Artillery Company.

gallery_61925_16336_115052.jpg

WIP of Gun Crews

gallery_61925_16336_208634.jpg

A closer look at all three gun crews

gallery_61925_16336_34940.jpg

Saw these Nova Cannons in my bits box from my Leman Russ Project. Well I cut them up and added them to the Earthshakers cannons

gallery_61925_16336_389326.jpg

I present to you WIP Howitzers

gallery_61925_16336_233323.jpg

I liked it so much I decided to do the same to my Armageddon Pattern Basilisks. Now here are 40k Paladins.. lol

More to follow as I finish these models. weathering its next and details.. cause you know the devil is in the details.

The sky falls down with the thunderous sound of a synchronized artillery barrage :smile.:

Amazing work and the wider barrel points look really nice :smile.:

"Dear grid coordinates..." :laugh.: Great work, they really come to life with the troops around the emplacements, excellent indeed :thumbsup:

They look great!

Your artillery didn’t disappoint. The addition of crew and equipment really brings them to life.

I shall try and achieve something similar with my own.

Thanks for sharing!

Fine work on the Basilisk and Earthshaker batteries.

I appreciate those kind words guys; I thought I'd share what the entire regiment looks like so far. I present to you Taskforce 141. Here are the Elements of Able to Fox companies.

gallery_61925_16336_345778.jpg

A collage of the entire 6x4 Table filled with Guard, roughly about 13k Worth of Guard present

gallery_61925_16336_83270.jpg

Super Heavies of Taskforce 141

gallery_61925_16336_117481.jpg

Air Support for Taskforce 141

gallery_61925_16336_126525.jpg

Taskforce 141 Command Group

gallery_61925_16336_221214.jpg

Kasrkins/Scions of Able Company

gallery_61925_16336_91020.jpg

Danger Close of the Marauder Bomber aptly named the Memphis Bell

gallery_61925_16336_119805.jpg

Boom Boom goes the Artillery of Easy Company

gallery_61925_16336_53033.jpg

Getting some Air Cover and support from the Ghostriders

I have a few thudd guns to build and paint and lastly the Marauder Destroyer. I cant wait to start working on them. So yeah I tallied everything up and it ended up being about 13k worth of Guard. Someone asked where the manticores and Hydras at, I say I'm just not into it atm. Hope you guys enjoy. Gonna weather those howitzers more as I look at the photographs.

• 2 weeks later...

Hellhounds and variants are great models and good on the table top too. I have four so you can easily add four to your mechanised army too :lol:

Coming soon hellhounds and perhaps might be the end of the year purchases for my Collection... it’s been a fund ride..