Book 9 appears to be on U.S. soil

Aztek

But barrage does not let you fire out of arc, just out of line of sight, no? So if an arc is always a 2d plane that is parallel to the angle of the gun, then barrage wouldn't let you fire at the ground given that it isn't within the 2d arc plane.

Further, if arc is always a 2d plane at the angle of the gun, then can a vindicator with demolisher not target models if the plane from its gun does not intersect the target model? I'm not sure what angle they're at, but even if it was a 10 degree angle, that means at max range (24"), a target would have to be over 4" tall to be a valid target (not counting the initial height of the vindicator's gun, so it would actually be greater than 4"). I had always assumed that vehicle arcs were 3d spaces bounded by the angles, not 2d planes from the gun's point. Is that wrong?

And, I would definitely let an opponent World Eater player do that, but I would never do that if I was playing as World Eaters.

Edited to add: Ordinance allows you to roll an extra die when rolling for armour penetration. Haywire replaces the armour penetration roll. So one rolls a single die on the haywire table because it replaces the armour penetration roll, so there is no roll to have a die added to it. Is that not clear?

Edited by Ficinus

I have acquired book nine and have questions (and concerns):

Was mastery of the blade special rule supposed to effect Corswain's sword? Was he supposed to have eternal Warrior?

The unbroken Vow ROW on face value appears to be POTL on hard mode,  outside of a zone mortalis game, I can't figure out any advantage to it...

Edited by Laughingman

Was mastery of the blade special rule supposed to effect Corswain's sword? Was he supposed to have eternal Warrior?

The unbroken Vow ROW on face value appears to be POTL on hard mode,  outside of a zone mortalis game, I can't figure out any advantage to it...

Q- Mastery of the Blade on Corswain?

A- Yes, I believe so.

Q- Was he supposed to have Eternal Warrior?

A- No? I don't think so. He was supposed to rival Sigismund which he does, but like even buffed Sevatar falls short due to Sigi's Eternal Warrior. I wouldn't say he was "supposed" to have it though. 

Q- Mastery of the Blade on Corswain?

A- Yes, I believe so.

Q- Was he supposed to have Eternal Warrior?

A- No? I don't think so. He was supposed to rival Sigismund which he does, but like even buffed Sevatar falls short due to Sigi's Eternal Warrior. I wouldn't say he was "supposed" to have it though. 

Cool... Thanks for the insight...