Book 9 appears to be on U.S. soil

Aztek

I mean, FW has only been open again a couple of days, so it's quite early to be worried about it. I'd say we'll see an article within the next week. Whether an update or a preorder preview.

Worst case, they'll just restart new releases in order, like GW did. So Qin Xa, Ursus Claws, etc first.

Edited by Darkwrath121

FW did also post some Dark Angels iconography on Facebook yesterday, so that might be another sign that the book is close:

4xcc2Dm.jpg?2

But I still want to know what is with the 7 pointed star...  Did we slip into Westeros?  

Forgeworld has delayed releases to Saturday before but I am not expecting anything now...

Edited by Brother dean

Well, tbh they’ve only just opened their doors after nearly 3 months, so I’m hardly expecting them to start cracking out the new releases 2 days later. I’m just glad I can FINALLY order some bits I’ve needed for months. Would be great to see the book but I’m not expecting it just yet.

A lot of the heraldry looks really nice, but I'm not so sold with the skeleton imagery. I don't know, it looks a bit exaggerated and a bit "edgy". Has this kind of symbols been featured in the BL novels so far? I don't remember much emphasis on skeletons on the two first Dark Angels novels (granted, they were not that legion-centric).

A lot of the heraldry looks really nice, but I'm not so sold with the skeleton imagery. I don't know, it looks a bit exaggerated and a bit "edgy". Has this kind of symbols been featured in the BL novels so far? I don't remember much emphasis on skeletons on the two first Dark Angels novels (granted, they were not that legion-centric).

I can't remember where I saw it mentioned, so huge pinch of salt, but it's possibly a (pre-Caliban/Lion?) depiction of the 'Angel of Death' the legion was associated with.

Edit:

The release article for the legion transfers mention them.

"Originally served as the insignia of the old Terran I Legion before the symbol was also adopted by Lion El’Jonson."

Edited by Darkwrath121

Yeah, it's probably a throwback to when they were the Six Hosts of the Angels of Death. Eventually it will become the more mysterious, fully-robed angel that we know and love in 40k. Keep in mind that one of the Six Hosts is partially a prototype for the Night Lords, and notice that there is a winged hourglass at the bottom. It's possibly a Dreadwing banner?

The 7th point on that star is interesting. It may imply a point beyond the Hexagrammaton, like the Orders?

Hard to know just yet what the 7 pointed star means. It could be a reference to the Hexagrammaton and the Lion as supreme grand-master above them all, or it could just be the symbol used for the Hekatonystika, the hundred secret orders within the legion. The latter featured heavily in the Lion novel, and that was very much based on the new FW lore, so we'll presumably get some more info on that.

Is there any actual reason to expect it soon? There have been no dates given in any of the Community articles. 

I've been away from the Heresy scene for a few years now but all I've seen from GW is 2020 - could be anytime and COVID-19 delays definitely make me more inclined to believe it will be later, rather than sooner. 

I certainly don't expect it while GW has so much focus on 9th.

Is there any actual reason to expect it soon? There have been no dates given in any of the Community articles.

I've been away from the Heresy scene for a few years now but all I've seen from GW is 2020 - could be anytime and COVID-19 delays definitely make me more inclined to believe it will be later, rather than sooner.

I certainly don't expect it while GW has so much focus on 9th.

The beginning of this thread shows a supposed shipping manifesto apparently describing pallets of Book 9 arriving on US soil. That is the source of speculation.

While I agree that GW tends to like to space out big releases to maximize traffic to websites and shelf space rotations, it’s safe to say that Covid has thrown all the business textbooks in the dumpster and I can’t think of a business that would want to hold back a money-making product ready to go for too long, especially in this environment.

Only time will tell, but if I were a betting man I might put a fiver down that they someone now make a pun of “Book 9” and “9th edition” or such to try to have their cake and eat it too.

There have definitely been some accurate shipping manifests in the past but I am never going to put much faith in them - too easy to fake. Fingers crossed though.

Where would they stock it in the States? The cafe in Texas?

There have definitely been some accurate shipping manifests in the past but I am never going to put much faith in them - too easy to fake. Fingers crossed though.

Where would they stock it in the States? The cafe in Texas?

GW have a distribution centre in the US. Can't remember where, maybe Tennessee?

I'd be inclined to believe it's legit, you'd be surprised what you can find if you go poking around for shipping info online. I do it myself from time to time!

As for the release of book 9, it's important to keep in mind that they seemingly were ready to (originally, pre-COVID) release the book for Warhammer Fest in May, just after those shipping notes came out. So the book is probably sitting ready to go when FW sees fit.

Edited by Darkwrath121

Maybe they want to make sure the whole FW team is up to speed, or as much as it can be in this situation, before resuming the release schedule? I can see book 9 bringing quite a few orders in, specially as the already announced Dark Angels kits will likely release around the same time if not simultaneously. And the Lion is probably one of the best received primarchs in a long time, or at least that's the impression I got in this forum. So I could understand them wanting to make sure the production and commercial teams are ready before something big.

While this is all speculation, the organization was shut down for a couple months, it will take a bit to get back online, have a short marketing campaign, space out the offering so it doesn't overshadow the end of psychic awakening / the 9th edition. So I imagine it will begin being marketed to us, possibly with a road to thramas, this week or next, with a release either before or after the 9th. They know we want the book, the dark angel post they made last week alone had over a thousand likes.

With the U.S. beginning to restrict again this may also put pressure either to release asap or after. Being in Texas the restrictions have begun for the general population and workers, not sure about tenessee where the warehouse is. I don't think it should have an effect on shipping though.

I think it will be soon. Since they just reopened, they will want to give it a week or two for the initial orders to calm down, then look at taking what may be a second large wave of orders. I don't think they will want all of that to hit at once.

• 2 weeks later...

New Road to Thramas update today after months of nothing.

Info given on the book: It will be out this year. Thank you so much, that info had indeed been shared 6,000 times before.

It really is staggering the complete lack of info this company continues to get away with. Its pretty clear now that this book is not coming out any time soon or this would have been the moment to say something. No table of contents, no expected release date, just more of...nothing.

And to think some of us foolishly believed that because the book was printed and on US shores, they would actually get a move on with shipping it to customer after the already massive delay it had pre-Corona. No Sir. This year.... if we dont change our mind you dumb monkeys.

Edited by Taliesin

Diappointing but I understand that they wanted to confirm that it was still coming out this year.

And as far as we know there has been no delay to release dates at all - a release date has never been announced, just "later this year." Could be December for all we know.

Not a great article for getting everyone excited again though. And another month before the next article is a little painful.

And as far as we know there has been no delay to release dates at all - a release date has never been announced, just "later this year." Could be December for all we know.

vVtoH55.jpg

Seven months passed. What a joke.

Depending on whether they're running on fiscal year or calendar  year is this really surprising to anyone? Why is it a joke?

2nd or 3rd quarter would be April - June/ July - September. That was before this whole virus nonsense locked everything down. Most businesses have been shuttered for at least a quarter, most only getting back to full operating capacity from the beginning of this month. So push the time scale back a calendar quarter, expect at the earliest July- September/ October - December. 

Is Penndraig a FW representative? I want it in my hands as much as the next man but I don't think it's fair to blame FW because someone on the internet posted information that was inaccurate or outdated.

Is Penndraig a FW representative? I want it in my hands as much as the next man but I don't think it's fair to blame FW because someone on the internet posted information that was inaccurate or outdated.

He is literally the guy who asks FW stuff at every event, and he is very credible. The book was finished and ready to printing in January, I suppose. It's not a first time when this noncence happens, remember when chinese ship with Inferno was lost at sea and release was delayed?

There was a time when Forge World released Black Books every 6 months (Massacre - October 2013, Extermination - April 2014). But this time has passed. Even COVID is not excuse, because at the same time GW printing and releasing Psychic Awakening books every week or so, so they can if they really want.

The book should already be printed and ready. I think any delay is for marketing reasons, to not compete with the 9E launch. A bit annoying, but I think that must be why.

Well if thats the case, book 9 will ship next year in the first three months then. We are already behind on 40k releases as it is apparently.