Book 9 appears to be on U.S. soil

Aztek

Is Penndraig a FW representative? I want it in my hands as much as the next man but I don't think it's fair to blame FW because someone on the internet posted information that was inaccurate or outdated.

His information was accurate, it came straight from FW at the event. Which is actually the only way you will ever get some info out of Forgeworld because they do not give info on upcoming releases in any format. Speaking to Andy Hoare himself during warhammer fest Europe , was the only way I could get some info on upcoming books two years ago for instance.

What you seem to be unaware of is that there already was a delay with this book last year. We got reports even in 2018 about it being well advanced and in process due to the delay they had with the previous book, Malevolence. When that book came out, Crusade was 3/4th finished already as per Pendraigg who spoke to them early 2019. FW then said it would come out in 2019 ( on FW day, never on the internet because as said they simply dont say anything at all online). But obviously that didnt happen and we also heard that they decided to cut Dark Mechanicum out of this book. Getting any info out of them requires Inquisitioner's tools. Even the few dedicated Twitch sessions about Age of Darkness are veiled in complete mystery when it comes to actual info.

Edited by Taliesin

So the info is well outdated then, as I suggested, and superceded by numerous Road to Thramas articles saying 2020. These same delays and problems plagued Inferno as well - kinda par for course with FW. And that is without the issues that COVID has caused.

Guess I just don't understand why people are so frustrated.

No man, you are deliberately misinterpreting what is being said. And maybe you dont want to understand, because as you say you werent aware of the previous issues.

Summing up, it was reported by FW on events as coming out in 2019. That didnt happen. You can say that information is outdated now, yes that is true, but it was a delay nevertheless right?

And the fact that problems are suddenly par for the course....doesnt really make it better or offers any excuse :wink:

Its like if I mess up at work again and again and then I say to my director, but yeah you know by now that this is par for the course with me!

Its mid 2020 now and we know the book is on US shores and they still refuse to give us any info, and that is the thing that frustrates people. Its not really hard to understand , is it? BTW why make excuses for them? First you say " well FW never officially gave a release date so you cant expect anything"  and then when its pointed out to you that they did give a release date you say " yeah well that is outdated now and you cant expect anything" .

Edited by Taliesin

To me what is annoying is they could just put the book out and let us start using the lore and artwork to build and paint our armies.

I wouldn't mind if the Lion, the companions, etc. were delayed if just the book came out in the near term.

I think a release around 9th edition is extremely unlikely. GW is going to let the dust settle from that first. And the return of a monthly article on Warhammer Community suggests that it will probably be a little while still before we see it. Hopefully Road to Thramas is a little more interesting next time, though.

No man, you are deliberately misinterpreting what is being said. And maybe you dont want to understand, because as you say you werent aware of the previous issues.

Summing up, it was reported by FW on events as coming out in 2019. That didnt happen. You can say that information is outdated now, yes that is true, but it was a delay nevertheless right?

And the fact that problems are suddenly par for the course....doesnt really make it better or offers any excuse :wink:

Its like if I mess up at work again and again and then I say to my director, but yeah you know by now that this is par for the course with me!

Its mid 2020 now and we know the book is on US shores and they still refuse to give us any info, and that is the thing that frustrates people. Its not really hard to understand , is it? BTW why make excuses for them? First you say " well FW never officially gave a release date so you cant expect anything"  and then when its pointed out to you that they did give a release date you say " yeah well that is outdated now and you cant expect anything" .

I guess what I'm not getting is the frustration right now, specifically in response to Road to Thramas. People seem to have assumed that it would be a significant announcement or potentially release when there was no indication that that would be the case. It was pretty dissapointing, no doubt, and really could have been a filler article at any point over the last 2 months but people seem to have taken it as a slap in the face. I just don't understand why.

These things just don't get to me like they do others though I guess. The 2020 date has been the official line since last year and that to me means any time up until December 31st. If they then come out and say it's gonna  be 2021, then I will have to wait until 2021. 

Anyway, we have very different views on it and I will leave it alone. Let's all just hope we see it sooner rather than later.

I guess what I'm not getting is the frustration right now, specifically in response to Road to Thramas. People seem to have assumed that it would be a significant announcement or potentially release when there was no indication that that would be the case. It was pretty dissapointing, no doubt, and really could have been a filler article at any point over the last 2 months but people seem to have taken it as a slap in the face. I just don't understand why.

These things just don't get to me like they do others though I guess. The 2020 date has been the official line since last year and that to me means any time up until December 31st. If they then come out and say it's gonna  be 2021, then I will have to wait until 2021. 

Anyway, we have very different views on it and I will leave it alone. Let's all just hope we see it sooner rather than later.

The article is lazy and obvious filler. They could have done it any time over the past two months. They could have done articles on RoW rules, or unit rules, etc. All they needed to do was pop open their PDF version of the book and cover some of the content. It shouldn't be that hard.

They could also have given us the exact same article and just included some mention of battles fought in the thramas campaign, alluded to some fluff or something like that

Evidently. Vespasian sums it up succintly.

Edited by Lovecraft0110

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any official release date? Is 2020 even still likely?

I have consulted the stars and entrails, they say "of course not" and "shrug" :D Nobody is going to know anything until Forgeworld starts releasing again, or rebrands, or whatever.

Is there any official release date? Is 2020 even still likely?

I have consulted the stars and entrails, they say "of course not" and "shrug" :biggrin.: Nobody is going to know anything until Forgeworld starts releasing again, or rebrands, or whatever.

Hopefully they are waiting for the re-brand + integration into GW proper hopefully soon, then we will get a lovely tide of new stuff to test our wallet's might with. :biggrin.:  

I'd say it's simply a matter of GW wanting the massive Indomitus/9th order rush behind them before launching book 9. With the made-to-order boxset presumably printing them money, and FW not producing currently (at least at any real capacity) likely due to capacity/COVID safety concerns. I bet that once that backlog clears, production/releases will pick up for the 'minor' systems again.

Hopefully August/September, who knows. If we're lucky, next Monday's article will tell us a bit more than just what tanks do! Heh

Edited by Darkwrath121

Thats what I'd expect as well. Of course there is a lot of People in HH who dont care for 8./9. but there is enough of an overlap for gw to limit their profit margin if the co release.

Also we'll buy expensive Fprgeworld resin anyways since we all cant stand empty shelves

P.s.: wishfeverdream: fw is becoming wh forge and everything will become cheap gw plastics

Edited by Marshal Vespasian

Thats what I'd expect as well. Of course there is a lot of People in HH who dont care for 8./9. but there is enough of an overlap for gw to limit their profit margin if the co release.

Also we'll buy expensive Fprgeworld resin anyways since we all cant stand empty shelves

P.s.: wishfeverdream: fw is becoming wh forge and everything will become cheap gw plastics

Shelves?

Hahaha

The stash must grow!

The initial drop of 9e is done and over with, so hopefully that is out of their way now. I do think they try to coordinate their releases in some manner as to not exceed a 'budget' of sorts, so there is always something in the pipe someone will want. Since the heavy box release for 40k is over with, maybe now they can look at Book 9. Probably at least one paycheck between now and the book preorder date though.

snip

There is that plastic Thunderhawk rumor again...

I seriously doubt that much of anything will turn plastic.  HH is 1st gen Marines and they seem to be getting out of the business of 1st gen....

Edit:  I also expect the book to release in Sept or so.  After the 9th settles down...

Edited by Brother dean

I'd say it's simply a matter of GW wanting the massive Indomitus/9th order rush behind them before launching book 9. With the made-to-order boxset presumably printing them money, and FW not producing currently (at least at any real capacity) likely due to capacity/COVID safety concerns. I bet that once that backlog clears, production/releases will pick up for the 'minor' systems again.

Hopefully August/September, who knows. If we're lucky, next Monday's article will tell us a bit more than just what tanks do! Heh

Something to note; the predator was out of stock for US two days ago, but today it's able to be purchased, so take of that what you will...

One potential benefit of Crusade taking so long is it shouldn’t be that much turn between this book and the Dark Mech boom rumored to come next. Crusade was at the Printers in what, January? Before that? Which means is already 7 months, almost 8 months into the next book.