I finally beat Grey Knights

McElMcNinja

I say finally because I have lost 20+ games in a row to them since their updates. I have tried DG, DG/Daemons, Purge, DG/Purge, and all 3. After all that trial and error, I came up with the list below.

It is a brigade as one of the issues I was having was not having enough CPs. Another challenge was having enough denies to slow down damage from all those smites. Necrosius has 3 denies and he gives reroll of 1's on disgusting resilience roll to Poxwalkers. And that helped a lot, I had a squad of 10 survive rapid firing Terminators. They did also have Putrecent Vitality at the time. But back to Necrosius, between him and the Plaguecaster I denied 3 Smites one phase. My Drones were great distractions and even being Daemons had survived an onslaught of smites, shooting, and melee. He took on my mower with his. Captain, he dropped me to 5 wound and even being bracketed I was able to kill the Captain. The heavy blightlauncher killed 2 Terminators the one time it shot, later took out a strike squad model when it exploded. He did have to spend the CP to attack a second time.

The deredeos were my work horses, they took out a chunk of his forces. A Liberian, 4 strikes squads (3 5man/1 10man), and a squad of 10 Terminators. I did lose one and another was down to 1 wound. With my Lord near them I was hitting 90%+ of the time while moving and shooting. They seemed to be better then the Purges reroll hits, especially when I had to move them.

My Cultists lasted a turn each, but I was buffing up my Poxwalkers to make them a less favorable of targets. They did their job as it made him commit his troops and I could then counter him.

I kept my marines Flied the entire game and he had to chew threw first those Cultists and then the Poxwalkers. I put vitally on 1 unit, miasma on another. Between those and the rerolls, it gave him trouble. I was able to screen very well and move my Marines and characters around unscathed.

I was going to write a legit battle report, but I think I covered most of it already. It was ITC mission 6, crucible of champions. 5 objectives, bonus if you have 3 characters on 3 different objectives. I won the roll and chose defender on Dawn of War. He took Big Game (4/4), Behind Enemy Lines (4/4), and Head Hunter (0/4). I took Gang Busters (4/4), Recon (4/4), and Reaper (4/4). I got the bonus once, he never did. He got a kill more, we tied 3, and I got it once (5 rounds played). He got a hold more, tied 1, and I got 3. Final 27-20.

++ Brigade Detachment +12CP (Chaos - Death Guard) [129 PL, 2,000pts, 15CP] ++

Battle-forged CP [3CP]

Detachment CP [12CP]

+ HQ +

Chaos Lord [5 PL, 79pts]: Chainsword, Plasma pistol

Malignant Plaguecaster [6 PL, 95pts]: 1. Miasma of Pestilence, 5. Putrescent Vitality

Necrosius the Undying [7 PL, 135pts]: 1. Miasma of Pestilence, 3. Plague Wind, 4. Blades of Putrefaction

+ Troops +

Chaos Cultists [3 PL, 40pts]

. 9x Chaos Cultist w/ Autogun: 9x Autogun

. Cultist Champion: Autogun

Chaos Cultists [3 PL, 40pts]

. 9x Chaos Cultist w/ Autogun: 9x Autogun

. Cultist Champion: Autogun

Plague Marines [18 PL, 282pts]

. Plague Champion

. . Codex: Plaguesword, Plasma gun

. 11x Plague Marine w/ boltgun: 11x Blight Grenades, 11x Boltgun, 11x Krak Grenades, 11x Plague knife

. Plague Marine w/ melee weapons: Flail of Corruption

. Plague Marine w/ Special Weapon: Blight launcher

. Plague Marine w/ Special Weapon: Blight launcher

Poxwalkers [3 PL, 50pts]

. 10x Poxwalker: 10x Improvised weapon

Poxwalkers [3 PL, 50pts]

Poxwalkers [3 PL, 50pts]

+ Elites +

Biologus Putrifier [4 PL, 60pts]

Foul Blightspawn [4 PL, 77pts]

Tallyman [4 PL, 55pts]: 6. Arch-Contaminator, Fugaris' Helm, Plasma pistol, Warlord

+ Fast Attack +

Foetid Bloat-drone [8 PL, 138pts]: 2x Plaguespitters, Plague probe

Foetid Bloat-drone [8 PL, 139pts]: Heavy blight launcher, Plague probe

Foetid Bloat-drone [8 PL, 116pts]: Fleshmower, Plague probe

+ Heavy Support +

Hellforged Deredeo Dreadnought [14 PL, 198pts]: Butcher cannon array, Greater havoc launcher, Twin heavy bolter

Hellforged Deredeo Dreadnought [14 PL, 198pts]: Butcher cannon array, Greater havoc launcher, Twin heavy bolter

++ Total: [129 PL, 2,000pts, 15CP] ++

No idea how some people can get games in these days.

I have yet to face grey knights but they are certainly a concern when I was building my tourney list. Adding an inquisitor to my list like hector Rex who can have 4 denies was one of my options. Glad it worked out for you.

It was nice to roll some real dice, not to take anything away from TTS which I have been playing for 3 weeks now. I have played different people, 2 in person and 2 on TTS (all GKs). They alll ran very similar list that was right on par with the tournament lists. They are strong lists that play the same, they can attack strong or sit back if needed. I've learned going second is the better option against them. Let them show you what they are doing and counter the best you can. Against flyer lists and NuMarines I think it's best to go first and try to knock their damage potential down.

He said before our game he was thinking of taking Recon, but by having 6 characters he thought that would be easier. That would of allowed him to max out his secondaries. He also stated that going first made a difference in how he came at me. Knowing he was coming after my peeps and he was either going to wait for me to come to him (which I wasn't) or he would have to come to me. Which he did and I was able (for the most part) to dictate where he could go.