Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Writer's Vow (260 short stories)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Aothaine

Aothaine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,900 posts
  • Faction: Iron Hands

Brothers and Sisters! I welcome you to enjoy the mission I have set myself. I am planning on writing five short stories a week for an entire year. This first post will have links to jump to short stories separated by week. Hope you all enjoy!

Week 1:

Edited by Aothaine, 02 May 2020 - 02:28 AM.

• Grotsmasha, Shinros and Tarvek Val like this

Aothaine

Aothaine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,900 posts

The Chant

Spoiler

My Comments to Myself:

Spoiler

Edited by Aothaine, 01 May 2020 - 12:40 AM.

• Tarvek Val likes this

Tarvek Val

Tarvek Val

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 306 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords

An admirable goal. Looking forward to tracking your progress.

• Aothaine likes this

"Our holy hatred will make us free!" ~Nameless Dark Apostle

"Though my guards may sleep and ships may rest at anchor, our foes know full well that big guns never tire." ~Huron Blackheart

"You shall stand in midnight clad, your claws forever red with the lifeblood of my father's failed empire, warring through the centuries as the talons of a murdered god. Rise, my sons, and take your wrath across the stars, in my name. In my memory. Rise, my Night Lords." ~Konrad Curze, the Night Haunter

"So... How are you?" ~Cyrion, First Claw

Shinros

Shinros

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 230 posts
  • Faction: Genestealer cults & Slaanesh

Interesting, can't wait to see more but you should be careful that you don't burn yourself out.

• Aothaine likes this

Aothaine

Aothaine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,900 posts

Tip of the Spear

Spoiler

My Thoughts to myself:

Spoiler

** I want to thank everyone that reads these stories. I know they are not professionally written. I am not a professional. Yet. But I thank you for your time and hope that you enjoyed yourselves.

Edited by Aothaine, 01 May 2020 - 01:04 AM.

• Tarvek Val likes this

Second_Instance

Second_Instance

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6 posts

I'll never turn down a story of void combat, rather than say they turn left I recommend using port. Port=Left and Starboard=Right.

Keep it up!

• Aothaine likes this

Aothaine

Aothaine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,900 posts

Event Horizon

Spoiler

My thoughts to myself:

Spoiler

===================================================

Replies to commentators:

Spoiler

Edited by Aothaine, 02 May 2020 - 02:41 AM.

• Tarvek Val and Second_Instance like this

Tarvek Val

Tarvek Val

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 306 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords

I have enjoyed reading through all of your pieces thus far, Aothaine. I was slightly confused about the events of "Event Horizon." 

Was Descartes the victim of a psychic attack in the paragraph introducing the Inquisitor? If so, I was unable to tell whether it was instigated by the Inquisitor, the Custodian, or some other entity. A little more clarity here would be helpful to help the reader understand what is occurring. 

Additionally, why did Descartes not attempt to defend the Inquisitor against the Custodian? If she had requisitioned his company, it would seem likely that he would instinctively attempt to defend her against an unexpected attack by a seeming ally.

Final note, the Inquisitor's gender switches throughout the course of the story:

"I understand Sergeant. Thank you for the update." replied Inquisitor Joaquin as he continued to examine something in the distance.

He hopped off the Rhino onto a shallow part of land nearby. It had been several months since Inquisitor Joaquin had requisitioned his company. Months of training and thoughtful hours. The Inquisitor was researching something dangerous. Descartes knew that. He also knew not to ask about it. His twin brother Amenlin, Captain of this company, had acknowledged the authority provided to the Inquisitor through his personal guard. A Custodian of the Aquilan Shield.

Descartes looked to the east, his auspex highlighting the Inquisitor. A small hunched woman of a more scholarly demeanor. She was not built for combat, but she had a dangerous look in her eyes.

I very much enjoyed the story, it was very interesting an engaging — some minor edits for clarity would strengthen it immeasurably. msn-wink.gif

"Our holy hatred will make us free!" ~Nameless Dark Apostle

"Though my guards may sleep and ships may rest at anchor, our foes know full well that big guns never tire." ~Huron Blackheart

"You shall stand in midnight clad, your claws forever red with the lifeblood of my father's failed empire, warring through the centuries as the talons of a murdered god. Rise, my sons, and take your wrath across the stars, in my name. In my memory. Rise, my Night Lords." ~Konrad Curze, the Night Haunter

"So... How are you?" ~Cyrion, First Claw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users