Coming soon: Unit of the week series

Karhedron

In an effort to liven up the Aeldari forum, I have decided to shamelessly steal an idea from @Jolemai over at the Blood Angels forum, the Unit of the Week series!

Each week I will start a thread in each of the sub-forums with the aim of taking an in-depth look at one particular unit at a time. We will discuss that unit, how to get the best out of it, what synergies exist and what sort of army builds it works well in. I will also be asking for images of your units to (eventually) create a beautifully illustrated tactica of each of the Aeldari armies. I will be putting some images of some of my units in as placeholders to try and get the ball rolling but I know for a fact we have some extremely talented modellers and painters in this forum so I will look to supplement/replace my own modest offerings with some more impressive units as the series goes on.

I plan to do the units more-or-less randomly to keep things interesting. The Asuryani in particular have one of the largest unit ranges of any army so I imagine we will be at this quite a while. I plan to stick to the main codices for the moment rather than Forgeworld. However if we run out of ideas we can move on FW in future. I don't plan to run a separate threat for Ynnari as they only have 3 characters but I would also invite people to consider units in the context of an Ynnari (or Aeldari soup) army as well as a pure faction force.

I will try to start each new topic on a Monday (circumstances permitting) so keep your eyes peeled for the initial threads later on today. I will be starting with a classic Troop unit for each army and then strolling through each codex as the whim takes me (or as the Runes dictate). If you have a particular unit that you would like to see covered (either because you have just painted one or just worked out a new idea for using it) then drop me a PM and I will be happy to post that one next.

Happy modelling!

Excellent idea. Can't offer much in the way of gaming advice as the last time I played was in the 90s but I'm planning on painting aeldari for most of the year so it will be good to share my work here as well as seeing other peoples offerings. I have all flavours in my pile of shame so should be able to contribute more often than not.