Primaris Terminators

shabbadoo

[Obligatory Primaris point]

It will be sooo nice to finally have something Primaris that is slow moving and armed with yet another bolter-ish weapon and a power fist, but that is tougher than a regular Prirmaris.

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/catalog/product/920x950/99120101184_SpaceMarineAggressors01.jpg

Huh. We already got one of those. At least these will likely have a 2+/5+ save, and maybe +1 wound more than those guys. And can teleport. But otherwise are similar. But better. And more expensive points-wise. And more expensive money-wise.

There. Now I have balance again. :biggrin.:

Edited by shabbadoo

Aggressors are equipped with power fists already, so can swat stuff. Decent assault unit, but they need a transport. Sadly, their rules are counterproductive. The unit...with power fists...can fire twice with their 18" range boltstorm gauntlets/8" range flamestorm gauntlets...if they don't move. Only Guilliman could think up this kind of "assault" unit. Next up, Guilliman's new Primaris brainchild - a "devastator" unit armed with super long range (and super pricey!) heavy weapons, but which gets double its attacks with its power weapons when it charges! Oh, and the unit has an 8" Move and still suffers the -1 penalty to hit if it moves and fires its heavy weapons! Finally, the unit's bulky gear gives it a -2 penalty on charge rolls - perfect!!! :tongue.:

At least the Terminator art looks mostly cool. Also, the pic is sort of cut off at the top, but it almost looks like there is another barrel centered above the two on the storm bolter.  Or it could be a combi-weapon up there. Or nothing. Wouldn't put up-gunning Primaris Terminators past them though.  Gotta give them something that makes them "More Primaris...Than...Pri...maris."

Last, I think I saw the image on a facebook post. Can't recall who posted it.

Edited by shabbadoo

Seems to be the topic for many a primaris unit, to act counter to its logical role.

In any case, I still think that, despite aggressors having their fists, we could use a full melee aggressor to replace the deathwing terminators.

If they are going to introduce Primaris versions of the iconic DA units, then this is a must, after all.

If they are going to introduce Primaris versions of the iconic DA units, then this is a must, after all.

That's a big If and seems to run counter to the idea that Primaris are not a direct replacement for any unit we currently have.

That's a big If and seems to run counter to the idea that Primaris are not a direct replacement for any unit we currently have.

One can dream, can't one?

<Sigh>

Edited by Berzul

<Sigh>

Well, Aggressors function like a hybrid of Terminators and Centurions. Inceptors are a hybrid of the Space Marine Assault Squad and a Sister of Battle Seraphim Squad. Suppressors are a longer-ranged version of Inceptors.

So clearly, "Primaris Terminators" would be a hybrid of Terminators and something else :lol:

<Sigh>

Well, Aggressors function like a hybrid of Terminators and Centurions. Inceptors are a hybrid of the Space Marine Assault Squad and a Sister of Battle Seraphim Squad. Suppressors are a longer-ranged version of Inceptors.

So clearly, "Primaris Terminators" would be a hybrid of Terminators and something else :laugh.:

You can make that argument to anything that has Gravis armor, brother. But it's been stated many times that the Aggressors are the primaris version of the Centurion. Which means hopefully the primaris terminators are coming soon - good thing too, my Ironwing and Deathwing lists could use a bit of an upgrade.

You can make that argument to anything that has Gravis armor, brother. But it's been stated many times that the Aggressors are the primaris version of the Centurion. Which means hopefully the primaris terminators are coming soon - good thing too, my Ironwing and Deathwing lists could use a bit of an upgrade.

Wait, where was that stated? I'm interested because I haven't seen, read, or heard GW state that Primaris unit X is the Primaris version of standard Astartes unit Y yet - wondering what their analogous scheme might be in case we can puzzle some stuff out.

Wait, where was that stated? I'm interested because I haven't seen, read, or heard GW state that Primaris unit X is the Primaris version of standard Astartes unit Y yet - wondering what their analogous scheme might be in case we can puzzle some stuff out.

Oh, by stated I mean by other players, not GW. I mean it stands to reason = Centurions are heavily armoured with a ton of attacks, same with Aggressors. I'm even sure they have the same number of attacks come to think of things, and the EXACT same load-out (flamer/bolters/grenade launchers) further reinforcing that theory. I mean what else can they be? However, if I can do a quick search, I'm sure I can find something.. (let me get back to you on that).

Sorry for the confusion.

Edited by Knight-Master Skywrath

Dang... well, back to hoping then.

Aggressors seem at best like mini-Assault Centurions (I went and looked), they have more movement, less Strength, less Wounds, and a lower save. You also can't get meltas like Centurions, can't have their flamers at the same time as their bolt weapons like Centurions can, and their power fists are inherently worse than the siege drills (PFs are D3 W, while siege drills are a flat 3W per hit). The grenade launchers also don't have a chance to do a Mortal wound, but they do get more attacks than the assault launchers the Centurions have, and you can't have the grenade launchers at the same time as the flamers like Centurions can. They are also lower costed due to all of this.

So some things they do the similar, but not all, so we really can't say they occupy the same role or design space in the army - like much of the rest of the Primaris, their rules seem like a middle ground amongst different things.

I just don’t see this being a completely new unit. If DW are to incorporate Primaris, they would most likely be in Gravis armor. I agree with Berzul. They need to come up with some more exciting close combat options for DW specific Primaris. Edited by bigtrouble

Not to get anyone's hopes up, but there is a lot of GW black-and-white art that is cited as being "fanart" at deviantart.com...because somebody added color to it. The same could have been done here. If this isn't, all I can say is that the artist did an amazing job capturing the look and feel of what GW's artists are doing. I hope it is real.

mFo6q09.jpg

:biggrin.:

Edited by shabbadoo

I'm not really into Primaris Marines, personally i would have just called them "True-Scale" marines and ended it there.

However, i think Primaris Terminators will be done at some stage. There's just too much $ to be made. I'd be interested to know how many new unit's marines have had since say 2nd Edition, i'd be willing to bet it's more than the entirety of some codex.  

The Primaris originally started out as a re-scale of the Marines - I’m still searching for exactly what was said by Jes Goodwin on this, but it’s in one of his VoxCasts.

Then someone probably thought better of it or realized that they could sell two lines of Marines if they used a fluff separation instead and Boom, Primaris.

I am absolutely expecting melee dedicated Gravis Armor Primaris Marines at some point. Also, heavy weapon Gravis Armored infantry units.

At that point, the SOLO DEATHWING will be reborn! In Gravis-Armor form!

Just a ton of gravis armored deathwing models. Agressors for chaff killing, melee "termigressors" for deepstriking melee attacks, and long ranged "termingressors" joined by redemptor dreads to hold up the backline. Led by a Gravis Armor Belial, who will have crossed the rubics cube thing, and will lead the 1st Company as he should.

I am absolutely expecting melee dedicated Gravis Armor Primaris Marines at some point. Also, heavy weapon Gravis Armored infantry units.

At that point, the SOLO DEATHWING will be reborn! In Gravis-Armor form!

Just a ton of gravis armored deathwing models. Agressors for chaff killing, melee "termigressors" for deepstriking melee attacks, and long ranged "termingressors" joined by redemptor dreads to hold up the backline. Led by a Gravis Armor Belial, who will have crossed the rubics cube thing, and will lead the 1st Company as he should.

That is EXACTLY what I am hoping for. Word for word. And mark my words, even if that idea doesn't turn out to be viable, I'll make it viable. Compounding onto that idea, I wonder whether we will see use of Belial again, if that were the case - maybe a primaris or Azrael to accommodate for that change? Or maybe the Lion returning? 

Seriously GW, just release the Lion!

Edited by Knight-Master Skywrath

The Primaris originally started out as a re-scale of the Marines - I’m still searching for exactly what was said by Jes Goodwin on this, but it’s in one of his VoxCasts.

Then someone probably thought better of it or realized that they could sell two lines of Marines if they used a fluff separation instead and Boom, Primaris.

By releasing the primaris/truescale marines one at a time they  can test the waters and adapt to cutomer feedback. Not to mention a complete overhaul of the marine range in one swoop would hat be a very expensive undertaking. And a risky one not to mention.

After all they just can please everybody, if they replace models step by step they anger one group if the switch to the new scale all in one others will rage.

From a purely selfish point of view they should never ever release primaris deathwing. Purely because I now have the full company (infantry wise) and I really don't think my marriage will survive doing it again to "reflect the fluff"

I thought we already had them... they are called aggressors. 6 of them bolt storming up the field with the prayer of “even though it looks like we ran we are actually stationary so get rekt “ and swinging with all of those power fist attacks next turn. Everything short of a full squad of stormshields will be gone.

Personally, I'm pro-primaris, and it's a matter of time before the Primaris get into the RW/DW. There is already an instance of one primaris in the Deathwing (thanks to Azrael) and so far he's exceeded all the expectations set to him. Then there is also another thing worth considering - the Lion. How is this related? Take a look at the Lion's personality - he isn't sentimental at all (like gulliman), in fact he's pretty future-orientated. Which means from his perspective he is likely to adopt them as they are more "efficient" as the firstborn, even if he views them as tools (Empeor to Space marine legion parallels, anyone). One could even argue the Fallen ++HERESY AHEAD, BLAM BLAM++ (oh lord, Interrogator Stobz is going to have a field day with me) are more true to the Lion's geneseed then the current Dark Angels are. Especially if you consider that the gene-seed heavily influences the recipients personality, to the point of overwriting it. Of course, this plays well into GW's hands with getting more profit out of it, but lore-wise this is where it's been heading. If GW weren't so focused on making a profit, then they could implement a fluff piece where ALL firstborn become primaris (after let's say a refinement in the procedure), which justifies the whole inclusion into the DW/RW.