=][= Chimera Variant Challenge =][=

duz_

I've had a half-assembled Chimera sitting next to my desk for a few months now; awaiting me actually making up my mind as to how I wanted to mod it (I have a crippling inability to ever just assemble anything as it's supposed to be); with several potential ideas, the preponderance of which were around representing/translating the #GangSteppe horse-archer style concept to an IFV - although I sort-of stalled at the stage of deciding whether to go for a simple autocannon turret (and realism concerns around how to fit the firing mechanism inside the ridiculously small Chimera turret), the ever-popular Bradley-style Predator-turret in a rearwards mounting over the fighting compartment ... or various combinations of Taurox parts for something like a turret conqueror battle cannon etc. or perhaps smooth-bore missile launcher.  An exterior atgm also made some level of sense (it's part of Soviet design philosophy around making the most of their troop transports .. in addition to the rocket-propelled grenade cannon) .

Will be lurking the thread and taking note of the realized concepts of others - perhaps to prod me into action as a result. 

Back in the Age of Apocalypse (4e) I built a simple conversion using a Predator turret on top of a Chimera body. I can't remember why but it was for the Guard that were part of my Demonhunters army. Actually had a very sleek look. GW ever gives me new truescale guard I'm gonna be perpetually broke :)

Oh wow Mikhail that looks to be one epic variant! It's great we can motivate each other with projects like this.

I've seen pictures of that Dracos, cant say it was yours in particular but those conversions do look very good.

I've got a spare Baal Predator that I wouldn't mind turning into a kind of Griffon (seeing as Imperial Army used to have Rhinos it could be a mothballed variant :wink: ).

Or I have a couple more Chimeras to assemble but they are standard. OK one is a Command but it will just have a flag, nothing special.

Or both..

Edited by longjohnsilver

I've got a spare Baal Predator that I wouldn't mind turning into a kind of Griffon (seeing as Imperial Army used to have Rhinos it could be a mothballed variant :wink: ).

Or I have a couple more Chimeras to assemble but they are standard. OK one is a Command but it will just have a flag, nothing special.

Or both..

Or you know, combine the Baal turret with the Chimera hull and make a crazy looking hell hound.

Im not gonna lie Dangerous I was skeptical of your bow at first but the wip is very promising! :tu:

Well done all getting a head start on the challenge! I managed to find my ultrasonic cleaner on my many boxes last night and have since washed and dried my kit. Once I find my super glue I'll be able to assemble shortly too :sweat:

She's built

gallery_87434_11578_34950.jpg

Might have to put a backing piece behind the cannon although the Matilda weapons do fit they're not as snug as the standard ones are

Was a nice kit not too complicated to build. Which was good as there was no instructions :sweat:

Not sure when I'll get to paint though haven't got my airbrush set up yet also have to decide on an appropriate paint scheme....

I feel like as part of the challenge we should had a batrep component for bonus points :lol: